View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I honestly didn't think there could be anyone else who has so much going on with their dogs as me!!!

I'm sure if it was so serious Zena wouldn't be able to stand on her leg, would she???......

Dont they just like to keep us on our toes, no pun intended lol

If those people are serious, they will be back, unless they take it as a kind of vibe....

Sending huge vibes for the beautiful Zena and a quiet cuddle for Georgie and good luck with keeping her quiet.
xxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What a nightmare I've just had! Half an hour to go before I have people from London who have nothing to sell coming to view the house and I hear all this screaming from the garden whilst I was busy finishing off ready to put them in the car

Out I go, and she's standing there holding up a back leg God knows what happened down there, I heard all this barking coz the little black rat that she hates from up the road was walking past the other side of the fence, so she was going ape at it, instigated by Georgie I have to say so I have to cancel the people, get myself organised to rush her to the vets.

Couldn't get her into the surgery itself, so the vet had to come out, so there we were in the car park, with the busy A27 at rush hour alongside, cars coming in and out, people with dogs going into the vets, oh it was a real nightmare! Zena was in a lot of pain, so understandably she was barking at the vet, but because she's such a nice Spanish lady, she told her to calm down, offered her hand and Zena quietened down (she was muzzled of course!! Toooo risky!). Then we had to wait for her to go and get a pain killing injection, she suspects cruciate injury she doesn't think it's a break coz she said being a big dog, she would have felt a break So keep her QUIET Zena? Quiet and take her back on Wednesday morning to see how we're doing, but she's had the jab that will last 24 hours, and we've got Rimaydyl's for tomorrow night and another couple of days.

Hey blooming ho then! Soon as one gets better, then the other one starts!

If she does have to have the GA for an x-ray which of course, I must have done if she's no better, then we'll be going for that endescope at the same time for the suspected megaesophagus, so maybe it's fate, I dunno! Maybe it's fate that we don't sell this house either, coz those people might have got miffed that I cancelled at the last minute, dunno! All I know it, my life is one big trauma sometimes!

She's sleeping now, coz I told her off and told her to go and lie down coz Dave came home and she went nuts again with a bad leg Great painkiller though coz at least she's now putting it to the floor!
O lord Helena, not more doggy trouble - and at such a time. Hope Zena is OK - por darling that sounds so painful. I will read the rest of the posts when I have had a good big slug of wine!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Aw I'm sorry to hear this Hope she's alright and it turns out as nothing too serious.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
I honestly didn't think there could be anyone else who has so much going on with their dogs as me!!!I'm sure if it was so serious Zena wouldn't be able to stand on her leg, would she???......

Dont they just like to keep us on our toes, no pun intended lol

If those people are serious, they will be back, unless they take it as a kind of vibe....

Sending huge vibes for the beautiful Zena and a quiet cuddle for Georgie and good luck with keeping her quiet.
xxx
Yes, maybe just the one is better, but been there, and still had all the problems! Thanks Elaine. Thanks for the vibes and Georgie's cuddle, he's keeping a low profile, he knows what women in pain are like! xxx

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
O lord Helena, not more doggy trouble - and at such a time. Hope Zena is OK - por darling that sounds so painful. I will read the rest of the posts when I have had a good big slug of wine!
Lol, yes you're gonna need that wine, it's all changed over 2 pages now!!! Thanks Nikki, she likes to keep me on my toes does this one, but then so does Georgie!

Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Aw I'm sorry to hear this Hope she's alright and it turns out as nothing too serious.
Thanks WhichPets, I'm guessing I'm on the right track now with that foot.

Definitely the foot, so I'm going back to the vets tomorrow for them to take a good look in there. I've just ice packed it, she licked it and held it up, so it's all pointing to it for me. She's walking fine on it but it is bothering her, but hopefully, after a good night's sleep, my spray and ice and the pain meds, she might actually be ok in the morning Who knows, coz anything can happen here!!

Thanks all! I'm going upstairs to bed now so that she settles and goes to sleep without her playmate around, coz daddy's boring, so she sleeps!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh thank goodness..........that really really doesn't sound like cruciate injury to me, because she wouldn't be able to use the leg to lever herself up after lying on it.

I wonder what on earth she did to her toe then? Whatever she did, I hope that by the morning she is less sore
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Crikey H I was wonderng earlier how your viewing had gone...what a nightmare for you, and poor Zena, I do hope she is going to be ok.

It sounds like the painkiller is doing the trick, and the extra care you've given her, I know the damage caused by the wood sounds painful but I'm hoping it is that rather than a cruciate problem.

Please give her and that darling boy Georgie a hug from Hen and me xxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Aww hugs to u both

Here's hoping its nothing serious,a cruciate injury is very common in a large dog like your girlie,she doesn't have to do anything silly' really for it to happen either,but also it doesn't have to be a full rupture,brusing and partial tears are also common,and for that its rest and nsaid's.'
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Blimey, poor old Zena. There's always something, isn't there H! I hope it's minor and the painkiller is all that's needed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 10:33 PM
What is it with yours and my dogs. I often think they must be in telepathic competition with each other. Its just one damn drama after another. We should both have totally white hair and be a trembling mess by now.
I hope its not cruciate and she has just strained or twisted something and a couple of days of complete rest she will be as good as new. Lots of positive vibes coming her way and some hugs for you and lovely Georgie
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Oh dear~! I hope you are right and its not a cruciate. I had this happen a few months ago with Moxie and I just KNEW it was her cruciate but it turned out to be a broken toe! So hopefully since she is already using the leg, it is something less serious like a bruise or a strain. Hugs to you and the big goof!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »