Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Zena's injured a back leg poss cruciate

What a nightmare I've just had! Half an hour to go before I have people from London who have nothing to sell coming to view the house and I hear all this screaming from the garden whilst I was busy finishing off ready to put them in the car

Out I go, and she's standing there holding up a back leg God knows what happened down there, I heard all this barking coz the little black rat that she hates from up the road was walking past the other side of the fence, so she was going ape at it, instigated by Georgie I have to say so I have to cancel the people, get myself organised to rush her to the vets.

Couldn't get her into the surgery itself, so the vet had to come out, so there we were in the car park, with the busy A27 at rush hour alongside, cars coming in and out, people with dogs going into the vets, oh it was a real nightmare! Zena was in a lot of pain, so understandably she was barking at the vet, but because she's such a nice Spanish lady, she told her to calm down, offered her hand and Zena quietened down (she was muzzled of course!! Toooo risky!). Then we had to wait for her to go and get a pain killing injection, she suspects cruciate injury she doesn't think it's a break coz she said being a big dog, she would have felt a break So keep her QUIET Zena? Quiet and take her back on Wednesday morning to see how we're doing, but she's had the jab that will last 24 hours, and we've got Rimaydyl's for tomorrow night and another couple of days.

Hey blooming ho then! Soon as one gets better, then the other one starts!

If she does have to have the GA for an x-ray which of course, I must have done if she's no better, then we'll be going for that endescope at the same time for the suspected megaesophagus, so maybe it's fate, I dunno! Maybe it's fate that we don't sell this house either, coz those people might have got miffed that I cancelled at the last minute, dunno! All I know it, my life is one big trauma sometimes!

She's sleeping now, coz I told her off and told her to go and lie down coz Dave came home and she went nuts again with a bad leg Great painkiller though coz at least she's now putting it to the floor!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh no.

I hope it isn't as bad as you fear and after a rest and the painkiller Zena is back to her normal self.

Fingers crossed the people understand and make another appointment.

(((Hugs))) I think you need them. X
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey blooming ho indeed..............oh bums Helena. Bums bums bums

As you know, I have been through this myself with our last dog who was also a total livewire and complete nutcase. I will keep absolutely everything crossed that it turns out to be nothing more than a bad sprain or something, but if it IS cruciate then there is lots that you can do to keep her safe without actually having to cage her. It worked for Bitz.

Let's wait and hope before getting to that particular bridge.

xxxxxx
(have left the magic bottle for you)

pps......sometimes things happen which seem the pits at the time, but turn out to be for the best for whatever reason. I am talking house sale here of course, not Zena's leg.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks Lynn. I've never experienced any lameness in any of my dogs, I'm wondering if I could ice it perhaps?? If I knew where it was of course lol! It's in the back knee isn't it? Gonna have to spend all night on Google again now then!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh gosh, I hope for Zenas sake it is just a sprain!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Really hope Zena is better really quickly and that it is just a sprain. Hugs to Zena xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks Labradork, so do I! Thanks Abbie that's what I'm hoping too!

I remember when she got a grass seed in her foot a year or so ago, and you would have thought she'd broken her hip the way she came in from the garden that evening, but luckily, the vet found the grass seed, otherwise, God knows what she would have been in for!

I think they're wrong, I'm thinking it's her foot, because quite honestly, there's nothing down the bottom of my garden to hurt her and inflict such a serious injury but there is a gap at the bottom of the wooden gate, which Dave has put a piece of wood into which has big bits sticking up at either end, coz I worried she'd catch a foot under there (yes, by going manic at that bladdy dog!) and when I went down there to look, that piece of wood had moved slightly one end, and she could have got a foot stuck in there and damaged it somehow. Just don't know yet I suppose.

When my horse damaged tendons there was always heat and swelling, but I've just felt her leg and there's no swelling or any heat anywhere. I gently poked around her toes too, but still nothing and they're all the same size as the other leg, everything is

Nightmare! If ONLY I had been out there like I always am, ready for that dog between 5 and 6pm when she's learned that when I get her squeaky ball, she sits down and ignores it, but today, I was just getting the rugs up to leave the house nice and clean and tidy and moving their beds blooming typical isn't it! Grrrrr! Well, they won't be viewing this week until I've sorted out Zena's problems now that's for sure, my dogs are more important than a house sale to me!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh dear Lord H, why must it always happen to you
Poor Zena, she must have been in such pain. I'm glad the painkillers are working as long as she doesn't try to do things she shouldn't
Gentle hugs from all of us.

I hope you haven't lost a sale here
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi H, talk about bad timing but isnt that just the way of it! I hope she hasnt done the damage the vet thinks! Ouch! I dont think those people should b 2 put off when its a home they are after....hope your girl is a bit better tomorow!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hey blooming ho indeed..............oh bums Helena. Bums bums bums

As you know, I have been through this myself with our last dog who was also a total livewire and complete nutcase. I will keep absolutely everything crossed that it turns out to be nothing more than a bad sprain or something, but if it IS cruciate then there is lots that you can do to keep her safe without actually having to cage her. It worked for Bitz.

Let's wait and hope before getting to that particular bridge.

xxxxxx
(have left the magic bottle for you)

pps......sometimes things happen which seem the pits at the time, but turn out to be for the best for whatever reason. I am talking house sale here of course, not Zena's leg.
Oh I know Sally Just as I've sorted Georgie out yet again..... S*d's law isn't it, with me anyways!

I can't believe that it can be as serious as the cruciate, unless Georgie got in her way down the bottom there and caused her to do something stoopid! He's the one who sets her off with that dog! That's why I'm so desperate to move, it's not fair on my dogs to have people with dogs walking past both back, side and front (we live on a corner lol), there's nowhere they can actually lay out in the garden in total peace and it shouldn't be like that when we own our own house, so time to make that move for all our sakes. We had a lovely time swimming this morning down the beach and then this happens!

Thanks Sally, I'm in dire need of your magic bottle tonight aren't I!!! Glug, glug, glug, don't bother with a glass, I'll take it straight thanks!!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »