Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2013, 07:43 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday)

I hope all is well with everyone as it seems to be very quiet this morning!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Malka. I think people are laying in longer due to the cold damp dark mornings. Helena and I are seeing Dave and Gorden off so are later on Mondays.

I have a house to clean today it looks as if a bomb has hit it.
Try to get the rest of our tools into the greenhouse which is acting as a makeshift shed for now. Walk Dillon who seems to be stiff on one hip he was yesterday afternoon Gorden saw him skid when he was acting the loon on the grass. Will have to keep an eye on him and a short walk today I think.
Its damp and foggy here so far.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Malka and all

I was thinking the same!

I am not working now until Friday so hopefully will have a fairly quiet week.

Santa came and went yesterday and would have been a good day apart from the dog owner who let his dog off lead where he specifically shouldn't have and it mauled a number of sheep.

The coward ran away but there is photographic evidence, I hope he never visits us again.

I hope you all have a good day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning Lynn!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Gerri enjoy your short break.
Yesterday sounds awful what happened to the dog if the owner run off ? I suppose he left the dog to its fate after he set it up with his stupidity to do what is instinct to most dogs.
He would be very stupid if he did turn up again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning Malka Lynn and the rest of Dogsey who will come in whilst I'm typing

Oh dear Lynn, hope Dillon is going to be ok. Remember what my vet said recently? Big dogs skidding on this wet grass, big no no in his eyes, we have to keep them quiet! Yeah, fat chance of that. I'm sure quiet walks and rest for a few days will sort him out, just like it did Zena.

Dave was up before 5 am, and so was I. Then I went back to sleep and now feel awful, wish I'd got up, but hey ho.

I'm off to the Heart Foundation shop to grab a bargain. I need a temporary little cupboard thingie for the bathroom, cos Dave's ripped most of it out, apart from the sink just sitting there held up by bits of wood cos he removed the cupboard underneath. If only he had told me he was going to do this, I could have got a little cupboard Saturday ready to put all his stuff in, which is now sitting on the floor in a stacker This bathroom saga is going to go on for quite a while, cos he's going to replace the whole floor, it's not supported well enough he says, plus it got wet around the loo. I've found the suite, haven't ordered it yet though. I can't believe the price of these towel rails £400!!! Mind you, it's still going to come in under £1500 with Dave doing all the fitting, tiling, pipework etc. and usually a bathroom is around £5K so I mustn't complain. Can't decide yet whether to tile it all, or have it plastered either. I like fully tiled, we had them at the old house, but Dave likes the plastered.

Hope everyone is ok this morning along with the doglets, and I've gotta get a move on now, it's getting late for my walk.

Enjoy your day everyone

ETA: Morning Gerry, blimey that dog!!! How awful, what a numpty!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Helena that's the thing with having new bathrooms or kitchens the mess you have to endure while its being done. Does my head in.
Dillon was a nightmare we could see he was walking a bit stilted but keeping him quiet is damn near impossible and he loves being outside with us. I will have more chance of keeping him quiet through the week when I'm on my own.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Oh dear just listening to the news 9 dead in the helicopter tragedy they are giving names to faces now for me that makes it even sadder.
They fear there are more dead.
So awful for the families now waiting to hear of their loved ones that have not been found yet and they know they were in or possibly in the pub at the time. They must know the outcome as they haven't heard from them. Goodness knows how you deal with it.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 08:10 AM
He ran off with the dog. There was a complaint made because the rangers were out with tractor trailer giving special needs children a ride in the forest and couldn't get over there immediately.

People sometimes expect you to perform the impossible, downside of the job unfortunately, I was as upset as they were.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2013, 08:18 AM
I keep forgetting that Monday is the first working day of the week for everyone else! The kids are off school still for Hannuka and will not be back until next Sunday, so no school buses when I first surfaced. Avner did not open the macolet at 7am as usual either - it was nearly 8am when he turned up, so everything is topsy-turvey here at the moment and I really should have gone back to bed but am more comfortable sitting in my chair with its back support.

Gerry - some people make me really mad, I mean what sane person would deliberately let a dog off lead in such a place where it can maul sheep? I do hope not too much carnage was caused.

Lynn - it must be so difficult to keep Dillon from slipping when rushing about on wet grass, especially as he is still in the teenage exuberant phase and so big.

Helena - my cheapo but good-for-the-purpose en-suite was built for ~£3.500 and that included a new sel-propelling shower chair, but it is nothing compared to what Dave will do! I mean heck, mine is not even a solidly built room, more a basic lean-to on the back of my bedroom! It serves its purpose though and looks far better than it actually is!

I have a large pot of chicken and vegetables on the gas, and there is a lovely pong, sorry, aroma, of onion and garlic permeating the atmosphere! Should be enough for today and about three lots for freezing for future enjoyment!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »