Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2014, 07:17 AM

Morning, Dogsey Daily Thread (Thursday)

Hope I'm not cross posting.

Hopefully my English friends are all okay today. It's a bit breezy here, the Kessock has been closed to high sided vehicles today and it's doubtful the roadworks will be going on but the traffic measures will still be in place. Haven't seen or heard a report yet.

Heading to work this morning, then home via Alness Academy because I have to drop something off to them. Must tell Davie cause I can pick him up today.

Cadets tonight, sports night so hopefully we can have some fun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Morning everyone. Not sure smiley faces are appropriate at the moment for some.
I do hope everyone is safe I am listening to the news and Wales in particular and the North seemed to get a real battering winds recorded 108 mph. Trains stuck stations evacuated. A man dead who tried to clear a tree that came down it had electricity cables wrapped in it.
Helena I hope you managed a good nights sleep knowing Dave was home with you.
Jenny I hope you are managing but from your posts we know you are just.
Jenny Nippy hope you are all safe and have you managed to sort anything for Granddaughter and the interview ?
Eileen hope you are feeling better this morning but I expect you are going to be unwell fora little while yet. (((Hugs))).
Norma hope you are feeling better too.
Lorraine glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope Davie's sickness subsides as the tablets get into his system.
Linda I hope you had a peaceful night with Loki.
Malka I hope you are feeling better today.

We have more storms tomorrow but by Sunday breezy and sunny and although there is another system coming in from the Atlantic Monday it will be pussy cat compared to what we have endured some more than others.
My fences survived again for which I am very grateful.
Popping off to the shops later.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the quieter day weather wise today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning Lorraine we will get merged.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Morning Lorraine, Lynn, everyone.

Not much to say really as according to the news there are more storms to come, and more and more people are going to be so badly affected for years to come - I so wish I had a magic wand and could whooooosh it all away - the devastation is too much for me to comprehend really and my frustration at being totally unable to do anything to help is making me feel so bdooly useless.

Thinking of our Jenny in particular, and everyone in general.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Morning Malka those of us that are not as badly affected as others feel much the same just showing support helps them a lot. At the moment none of us can work against the forces of nature.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Morning Lorraine, Lynn, Malka and everyone.

What a night, I didn't get to sleep till gone 2, it was all very strange. I was lying there and all is quiet, then all of a sudden, I hear the big *roar* coming over the treetops across the road, and then all hell would break lose, we either got huuuge gusts of wind with hailstones, or heavy rain, lots of thunder and lightening again, and then nothing, 2 mins later it was all gone and we were back to the quiet I got all ready to roll out of bed quickly on the other side, when that wind hit the big window cos it had changed to due westerly, so it took the full force each time, I really am going to do something about this window this summer ready for next winter.

Just skimming thru last night's and I notice Norma mentioned the Nostradamus thing, and you June and Sally. Got me thinking, cos I have read all of those, even watched a tv film once. Might be checking up on those predictions again later and will definitely be checking out the book of Revelations you mentioned June.

Too early to mention everyone, brain not in gear yet to remember, I just hope everyone has stayed safe through the atroscious weather yesterday and overnight, especially you Jenny.

Try and catch you again later, I can't go up the top with the storms cos it's an iron quarry up there and I've been told to avoid it in lightening cos it attracts it. I did notice when walking through the woods, lots of trees were black and split. Pretty insignificant really though, where to walk the dog isn't it, but I'll find somewhere, probably the beach.

Enjoy your Thursday everyone if you can!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Morning Helena I had hoped that storm had passed but obviously it had other ideas. Glad you are safe.
I hope you find somewhere safe to walk with Zena today.
Might be a good idea to get that window sorted for next year but hopefully next year won't be the same, you have always had worries about that window haven't you ?

I remember hearing those predictions and something about the sea will take over the land. Its doing a blooming good job at trying at the moment.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Morning Lore,Lynn,Malka
Hope everyone has survived another night and are safe and well do take care ,hope you got power this morning for your cuppa's
Things getting rattled about with the wind during the night ,dry and calm now ,snows got a big shift
Off shortly to get the dogs out while it's still dry ,a belt round with the Hoover n duster ,not much else on the cards
Hope all poorly human and doglets get better soon ,
Do take extra care stay safe (((hugs to all that need them today))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Morning Norma. You sound like you will be whizzing about today.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Lynn it's a case of strike while I've still got some get up n go by afternoon will be jiggered n ready for a nanny nap
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »