View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Afternoon all. Just sat down for 5 minutes having bathed 3 of my dogs this morning. Probably a waste of time as the garden is a swamp but they were minging so they must feel better. My back is feeling it now though.

Looking forward to news of Eileen's 'litter' lol. I heard some places in Ireland amongst other areas that they were without power so I hope the hospital us well equipped with a generator or whatever.

I hope everyone else and their dogs are safe warm and DRY. Roll on Spring.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Twix, feel your pain, did my 2 on christmas eve before my brother came, they stayed clean for 2 days Lol my white pup now has black legs again...can't be helped i guess
Yes the hospital will deffo have a generator in place... i am getting excited now Lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Good day everyone - With a bit of luck the world should be two little hobbitses extra. Best wishes, good thoughts, hopes and prayers go sailing across the water to Eileen, Sarah and the little 'uns. God bless all!
Griff & Mandy - I'm not a great believer in Karma, but the Mem likes a King Prawn one! lol ! I'd sooner give revenge a bit of a helping hand.
Sympathies go out to dog bathers in this - the little sods don't say fragrant for more than 20 mins. Little Scout got a good tubbing yesterday took about 10 mins of solid sudsing with quite an expensive organic shampoo to rid her of her new perfume, I think she must have got it for Xmas, called - I would imagine "Eau de Fox!"
We haven't been to bad for rain up here, although we had a bad downpour from 11 till 12, the rest of the time it has been more or less dry but with a terrible howling wind. Young Tess was running in between bits of cover and along the dry lee side of walls whilst we were out, seems she has taken a real dislike to it, she's not normally bothered by wind and rain but this morning's dose was more than she felt comfortable with. Anyway we are all back home and warm and dry now, all is peaceful as the Mem is out and about - spoke too soon - I've just seen her vehicle pull up outside.
Best look busy - bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Lol LG, apparently tomato ketchup neutralises the fox poo...google it!!
my pair have this
http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/pet-he...FRcYGwodG7cFNQ
and this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ATOAK7...XT7JXG9W5CX08Q
just for when they need a bit of a freshen up Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Afternoon everyone.
No baby news yet ?

Very windy here too we were blown about quite a lot. Took two cars but mine ended up in the workshop for the window and we waited in the waiting room. For quite a while turns out there are 14 wires which he tested and couldn't find anything amiss so he reckons the switch which has to be ordered. They will take the scratches out of the bumper for me which were my fault caught it on the gate the other day £80 and will fit the scoop for no extra charge as the bumper will be off anyway. Gorden will check his diary for a Friday and hopefully Monday off so we can drop it over and leave it with them for a weekend. Window no charge under the warranty which finishes in February.
We were quite pleased with that. Popped over to van haage for a much needed loo break then some lunch.

Hope it is still dry for you all up North and that your bungalow is still standing Nippy Jen.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks for those Griff, I've been using: Richard's Organics Flea and Tick Shampoo and conditioner, with 5 essential oils, completely organic, kills just about anything in this world that flies, jumps or bites (well so it says on the bottle) it is made in Fort Lauderdale in Texas i the good 'ole US of A.
I bought it in TKMaxx when I was wandering around Manchester just before Xmas, firstly because it smells absolutely terrific and secondly because for some reason a £25 bottle of the stuff was only £4.99. lol ! Just can't resist a bargain. Little Danger Curls spends half her life crawling down the most disgusting holes on the planet and yesterdays adventure was down a fox earth that she occasionally checks out to see if there is anybody home!!!!
She came out soaking wet and absolutely stinking to high heaven, but the shampoo works wonderfully - for ages after I can't stop myself from sniffing at my own hands which smell most alluring.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Hoping everythings OK for the baby Hobbitses as Eileen said they would be the first on, and still no word
We've escaped Storm Frank thank goodness, river is looking its normal self, if a little high, nothing like it was a few days ago. Pictures are now emerging of the mill that used to be where the estate is now, deep in water, and tales of the paper mill being flooded coming out from guys that worked there in the past saying sometimes they were waist deep in water with it. So questions being asked WHY did either estate get planning permission, and talk of brown envelopes
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2015, 04:29 PM
June - Isn't it always the way. There is talk of brown envelopes, much nudging and winking and tapping of the side of the nose with the fore-finger.
BUT No beggar ever seems to get caught or on the rare occasions they do - they get off scot free!
I truly hate the conniving petty bureaucrats that make life a misery for so many just so they can line their own pockets. If I had my way the little chisellers would rot in prison.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2015, 04:36 PM
No news of the hobbitses yet, quite worrying, hope everything went as planned with no problems.

TW glad to hear you've not been flooded and are in no danger of it.

Either Frank is late here or it's just normal winter weather Got soaked on the way back from walk and thought Sammy was going to take of in the wind but are now back safely.

Hope everyone else and their doggies are healthy and safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Hi all. Been very grey here all day which coincides with noisy head. So definitely down to the weather. No rain though yet. Hope you all escape further deluges. Eileen hope all is well with the family. Bfn.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »