register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
right so if I go onto the CAG site and into the forum someone will actually help me and talk me through it?
That is all I need, and it didn't look as though anyone would do it, so it put me right off.
I haven't sent them a standard letter or anything
this is what I sent them

'......Furthermore, most of the charges laid at my door are excessive due to the fact that they were imposed by you as a ‘fine’ for ‘late’ payments. Sometimes this was because I had been unable to pay the full amount, but had paid something over to you.
I understand from various sources that these charges are in fact illegal as they do not
represent a genuine estimate of the loss you have incurred but are in fact a penalty and as such are not enforceable by the Courts. They are in fact generating profit rather than
compensating you for any actual loss.
The actual sum owing to you by myself is mostly accrued charges added on as a penalty
and I do not feel they are a realistic reflection of loss incurred by you as this would already have been covered by your interest charges.
I therefore wish you to return this amount to me as soon as possible...'
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
That letter looks good to me. I think you should persue it further Tawneywolf. Another bank are trying the same thing with my mum. If they think you will settle for a lesser amount than what they actually owe you, they'll try to fob you off. If they don't want to refund you the full amount I'd tell them you're taking it to the small claims court. This threat may push them to reimburse you but if it doesn't and they still won't give you what you are owed, I personally think you should take it to the court.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:57 AM
My OH is currently going through these proceedings, he has just been sent every statment since he was 17

I hope it gets dealt with as quickly as yours
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Well I am just extremely nervous about the next step to take, shall I write back to them and say I want all the interest I have paid? I am like a flaming kiddie with all this, sorry to be such a pain, I have faced all sorts in my life, but find it really hard to stand up to a faceless person behind a letter agghhhh!!!!
The letter I quoted from was written to them on the 24th August, so it has taken that long to get a proper reply from them, they have been sending me letters every few weeks telling me that they are 'looking into it' and to be honest I thought they were going to keep fobbing me off. The positive bit is that they are already offering me a refund, so they are on the back foot so to speak at least, just need taking by the hand on all this.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4