View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 07:44 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday) again.

And a very snowy one at that. It was still snowing here at 10pm last night but had stopped around 1am when I went to the bathroom and checked through the window.
Who will get the day off because of the snow ?

Hoping the puppies are well this morning and Pepsi and Rosie and that the snow is the right kind for Jimmi to have a walk and that Kyiro is still managing a stroll out.
Helena I hope that Dave is still on the way up and that your back is feeling better and that you are feeling less stressed over Dave.

Usual here again today except for picking up Michael from Epping if he can get a tube home and I will see if I can tie in getting a card and posting it for my SIL.
Walking Dillon in this snow which he loves and Gorden is enjoying too. Then keeping my fingers crossed all day that there is no more snow and it starts to thaw so he can get to work Wednesday. The school is closed today but it isn't a working day for him today so doesn't affect us money wise.

If anyone is or has to venture out today take care out there and wrap up warm.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Morning Lynne and all.

I can't believe how much snow there is, its half way up my boots. Trying to keep Kyiro's bandage dry is a nightmare. His boots cover his foot but not his leg, so I am having to tape plastic bags round that each time he wants a wee. Its a right palava.

I am debating whether to risk trying to get through the snow and do the 14 mile round trip to the vets this morning for his check and bandage change or if to put it off for a day or two, when hopefully the roads will be better.

Shame I have to go into work this afternoon and evening but there thats life.

Have a good day all and please take care out there.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Lots of snow here too, about 6" deep, so it'll be difficult walking up to the woods, but at least it's fresh snow, so it's safe cos nobody has driven up here or even walked come to that, and it really does look so pretty now.

I want it all gone by tomorrow morning of course, so that Dave can get off to work, but somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen, as the forecast has now changed again for the south east, staying icy cold all week, not good.

Chris I hope you had a good night with Rose, and you too June with all those babies, I hope everything might just be back to normal all round. Poor little Jimster won't be getting his walk today I suppose Sally if you've got it as bad as we have. Zena will be kitted out in her snow suit and boots.

I did an online Sainsbury's shop last night for delivery tomorrow in case I still can't get up this hill with the car, and everywhere else come to that cos I'm sure one of those delivery vans would be able to, especially the way they drive!

Might get Dave to get some of the hallway carpeting up today just to see what's going on with the dipping floor, and if it's just the surface boards he can fix those ready for me to get it laminated when we get some money. A long way off I know, but if it's done, I won't have to wait for him to repair it when the time comes, I can just go ahead and get it done (if ever!) I might as well make the most of having him around and he likes a challenge, it'll keep his mind off other things, such as no customers turning up at work this week

First of all though, a walk in the woods, will take the camera, it should be spectacular in places, and Zena needs to get out today as she was housebound yesterday.

Stay safe if you've got to get to work, but hopefully, they've told you not to bother Enjoy the snow if you're out with the dogs and be careful, we don't want any broken bones.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynne and all.

I can't believe how much snow there is, its half way up my boots. Trying to keep Kyiro's bandage dry is a nightmare. His boots cover his foot but not his leg, so I am having to tape plastic bags round that each time he wants a wee. Its a right palava.

I am debating whether to risk trying to get through the snow and do the 14 mile round trip to the vets this morning for his check and bandage change or if to put it off for a day or two, when hopefully the roads will be better.

Morning Bev, try cling film on that bandage, it'll keep it dry enough for him to go out into the garden and you can take it off when he comes back in? Good luck, I wouldn't risk a 14 mile trip if you don't have to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow.

Thankfully, the expected heavy snow has turned out to be less than expected - mind you, no snow at all would have been better . There's still a covering on the roads and, as the pavements never cleared from the last lot, I imagine they are going to be pretty dangerous today.

Rosie has had another good night's sleep and is a lot more like her usual self now. My only worry today, is that she didn't do any parcels at all yesterday which is worrying. I'm hoping it's because she has been on chicken rather than her usual food and that today she'll 'produce'.

I hope that Sasha and crew are still on the up this morning, that Kyiro gets a little walk and, Helena, I hope Dave is continuing in the more positive frame of mind. Bless him, those dark places aren't good places to be

We'll be staying in again today, but a little extra garden play me thinks now that Rosie is a little better.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Bev, try cling film on that bandage, it'll keep it dry enough for him to go out into the garden and you can take it off when he comes back in? Good luck, I wouldn't risk a 14 mile trip if you don't have to.
What an excellent idea H. Thanks for that

I have bottled out of going to the vets and rang them and changed my appointment for tomorrow morning at 9.50. They don't grit our roads on the estate and I hope the main roads that are gritted will be much better by tomorrow if it doesn't snow again. Hopefully it won't hurt for the bandage to wait an extra day. I know its already done an extra day because it was Sunday yesterday but it has to be better than risking an accident. I am a nervous wreck driving in the snow in my little car.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Firstly I'm going to jump around for joy as this morning is the first morning in nearly 3 weeks that the boys didn't wake me up between 04.30 to 06.00, I woke them up at 07.15 having had a shower. There was some yellow bile on the tiles, but that is not unusual, it's Rucksack's tummy being empty. So a fab start to a new week

I'm going to speak to my brother at 9 to decided whether we are going to go to see Mum today or tomorrow. I'm sure the M25 will be fine its this end and the other end and we still have solid snow/ice side roads here.

I let the dogs out this morning in the garden and where they hadn't walked before the depth is probably 7". Possible slight thaw later which can't be soon enough.

I wish all poorly dogs and fellow members well. Anyone driving in bad conditions keep safe.

See you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynne and all.

Morning Bev. I would cancel today if possible. Just seen you have. Hopefully it will thaw soon.
Take care getting to work later.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

Lots of snow here too, about 6" deep, so it'll be difficult walking up to the woods, but at least it's fresh snow, so it's safe cos nobody has driven up here or even walked come to that, and it really does look so pretty now.

I want it all gone by tomorrow morning of course, so that Dave can get off to work, but somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen, as the forecast has now changed again for the south east, staying icy cold all week, not good.

Chris I hope you had a good night with Rose, and you too June with all those babies, I hope everything might just be back to normal all round. Poor little Jimster won't be getting his walk today I suppose Sally if you've got it as bad as we have. Zena will be kitted out in her snow suit and boots.

I did an online Sainsbury's shop last night for delivery tomorrow in case I still can't get up this hill with the car, and everywhere else come to that cos I'm sure one of those delivery vans would be able to, especially the way they drive!

Might get Dave to get some of the hallway carpeting up today just to see what's going on with the dipping floor, and if it's just the surface boards he can fix those ready for me to get it laminated when we get some money. A long way off I know, but if it's done, I won't have to wait for him to repair it when the time comes, I can just go ahead and get it done (if ever!) I might as well make the most of having him around and he likes a challenge, it'll keep his mind off other things, such as no customers turning up at work this week

First of all though, a walk in the woods, will take the camera, it should be spectacular in places, and Zena needs to get out today as she was housebound yesterday.

Stay safe if you've got to get to work, but hopefully, they've told you not to bother Enjoy the snow if you're out with the dogs and be careful, we don't want any broken bones.
Morning Helena. Hopefully the snow will thaw soon its no fun no work no money we are hoping the school will be open Wednesday so Gorden doesn't lose money.
He keeps himself busy doing little jobs it is still a worry for them and us though even if they are busy.
I hope this doesn't bring him down to rock bottom again and stress you out again to the point of feeling ill.
Enjoy the walk take care out there and I hope the Sainsbury van makes it up the hill tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Lynn and all who follow.

Thankfully, the expected heavy snow has turned out to be less than expected - mind you, no snow at all would have been better . There's still a covering on the roads and, as the pavements never cleared from the last lot, I imagine they are going to be pretty dangerous today.

Rosie has had another good night's sleep and is a lot more like her usual self now. My only worry today, is that she didn't do any parcels at all yesterday which is worrying. I'm hoping it's because she has been on chicken rather than her usual food and that today she'll 'produce'.

I hope that Sasha and crew are still on the up this morning, that Kyiro gets a little walk and, Helena, I hope Dave is continuing in the more positive frame of mind. Bless him, those dark places aren't good places to be

We'll be staying in again today, but a little extra garden play me thinks now that Rosie is a little better.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Morning Chris yes no snow would be better.
Glad to hear Rosie is nearly back to normal and fingers crossed she produces the parcel you are hoping for.
Extra play in the garden sounds good to me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Firstly I'm going to jump around for joy as this morning is the first morning in nearly 3 weeks that the boys didn't wake me up between 04.30 to 06.00, I woke them up at 07.15 having had a shower. There was some yellow bile on the tiles, but that is not unusual, it's Rucksack's tummy being empty. So a fab start to a new week

I'm going to speak to my brother at 9 to decided whether we are going to go to see Mum today or tomorrow. I'm sure the M25 will be fine its this end and the other end and we still have solid snow/ice side roads here.

I let the dogs out this morning in the garden and where they hadn't walked before the depth is probably 7". Possible slight thaw later which can't be soon enough.

I wish all poorly dogs and fellow members well. Anyone driving in bad conditions keep safe.

See you later.
Morning Jenny. Good news about your lie-in.
Take care if you decide to visit your mum. The thaw can't come soon enough for me.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, H, Brierley, Jenny G and all

Enjoy your walk this morning Lynn, I hope you manage to post your card, we aren't likely to see our post lady for some time yet.

Poor Kyiro, the snow came at the wrong time for him with his bandages. I would postpone the vet if it all is going ok.

Enjoy your snowy walk H, I hope your shopping arrives in one piece!

Glad to hear Rosie is better this morning.

Good news that you got to lie in today Jenny G, make the most of it.

We are still snowed in here, I might try out my snow chains today to see if I can get the car to the top of our track (about 1/2 mile) the school here is open today, they have gritted and salted the south drive, but the north drive is closed as it is treacherous (hair pin bend with steep drop) it can be scary! There is a revised timetable for when they can come and go but they fail to make it accessible to us residents who actually live here!

I am only taking the dogs out for short walks at the moment as they don't like the cold although Pip was shoving his head into the snowy banks as he was sure he could hear a mouse.

I hope everyone has a good day today, stay safe.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »