Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Fred I sympathise with you, younger sisters are a nightmare. Everything I asked for for christmas she asked for the same, and she always stole my toys.
I'm glad I didn't have a sister Roxy, especially a younger one, at least Fred didn't want my dolls - or maybe he did!??? Don't think he borrowed my clothes either when I was older, but again, I may be wrong there!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanx for that I now have an image of Fred in a dress holding a dolly.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I remember too, and I was very, very young, Fred used to use me as target practice! Lol! We would both hold dustbin lids up against our faces and throw missiles (usually stones) at one another (it was compulsory that I played this game with him!).Anyway, one day whilst we were playing this delightful game he had invented, my mum called us in for lunch, so I dropped my shield, said dustbin lid, and one of Fred's big stones hit me just above my eye, I still have the scar to prove it.

I remember so well the good hiding my Dad gave him when they got me indoors with blood gushing out of my eye - he was a very norty boy indeed even at that tender age! No change there then!
that will teach you always keep yourself protected at least you learnt something from me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Thanx for that I now have an image of Fred in a dress holding a dolly.
:smt044:smt044:smt044:smt044:smt044:smt044

There's no answer to that Roxy! Well, there is, but I better not or I'll be in trouble (again!)
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

26-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Nice Helena, please, pretty please can you send me the picture (the one I know you own) of Fred in a dress??? xxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
me i was very quiet nobody knew i was there never said a word (much different to Helen ) my mother went out one night and forgot that i was there ( so quiet ) turned the light out and left when she had realized what she had done came back turned the light on and i was still sitting and said nothing looking sorry for myself ( so she said )

Awww Fred that is so sad :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 - bet you couldn't get a word in edgeways if your mother was anything like your sister
Meg
Supervisor

26-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Sad.
At home we used to have a sofa in front of the fireplace and a mirror above the fire...
When Dad was due home from work Mum used to sit with me on her knee,
I would look in the mirror waiting to see the reflection of Dad standing in the doorway smiling...and then I would bounce up and down with excitement.
When I grew up I asked Dad if I had imagined this, he said it was true but was stunned that I should remember it ..I must have been very young because Mum died when I was 18 months old.

Norty When I was three I was taken to a family wedding by my aunt. Having spent most of the wedding breakfast on the floor under the table I suddenly emerged to stand on my chair and in front of everyone announced "Needles and pins, needles and pins when a man marries his troubles begin.
Annestaff
Supervisor

26-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I remember my mum taking me to the chemist and as she stood chatting to the owner I went behind the counter and opened the wooden draw which was the till scooped all the money out and then went outside the door and posted it all in a big plastic charity teddy bear...............I got walloped all the way home
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:40 PM
I can remember my eldest sister looking after me whilst my mum was in hospital when I was three (my sister would have been 15) and she used to have a mate with horses so they brought the horses down to our house and I cried because I wanted one with 'pedals' on it (stirrups) They then had a horse each and led me bareback on a pony about 3 miles all along the main road (although there wouldn't have been as many cars around in the 60's as now) My mum went mad when she came out of hospital

My sister also put a wringing wet cardigan on me because she wanted me to look nice and clean for when mum got home
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 03:13 PM
My mum told me that when I was about 1, the elderly lady who lived next to us took me in the pram to the local shops ( about 15 min. walk away). When she came back,she had forgotten me.My mum nearly had heart attack ( I'm an only one ) she ran all the way to find me sitting in the pram outside the cake shop, not a bit bothered.Needless to say she did'nt let the neighbour take me out again.!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >