View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
LORE,they kept my dad on the highest level for over a week,he couldn't cope when they tried to lower it. Will always be grateful though,we got the chance to say so much in that borrowed time. (( hugs)) to you and your family.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
They clipped Dillon's right back to the quick and he wasn't bandaged. They said the same to me they had left just enough to give it the chance to grow back but it might not.
Dillon was a real pain for nibbling round it because I think it was annoying him. So last Sunday he nibbled it and pulled it right out. I didn't realise he had done it till I found the bit of claw on the floor. It did bleed I just thought we had overdone the exercise.
Vet told us to be careful with the exercise to begin with big dog pressure on the paw and of course not to get anything in it.
He is still licking round it some days but he is a bit OCD about licking everything.
I doubt now it will grow back after me finding the lump of claw on the floor.

When we took him in to have it looked at the day he did it and they couldn't sort it as he had eaten they did warn us he might just take it off himself but he didn't.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Labrador Lover, I'm sorry about your BiL, same goes back. I hope the end is pain free for him.

Thanks guys for your support, I'm very close to Dad and it's devastating me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Lore, so very very sorry, hope he proves them wrong and turns himself round. My thoughts are with you (((((x)))))
Paul the mechanic has just left. Cannot remember for the life of me what it is, because it is not the motor and not the switch but something in between, wish I could remember the name of it. What he has done has connected something with something else, he has been rumaging around in the headliner. So got the sunroof to close now, but I won't be able to open it until I can get this part, oh I remember I think it is the control panel, I think . I have a friend who knows someone who deals in American Cars so will see if he can help with that one.
There will be an American Car scrapyard somewhere I am sure of it!!!
Great News about Flash. Not so good about Rucksack.
Cariad ate a wasp or something, knew nothing about it till I noticed that her head was twice the size, thank goodness she wasn't allergic.
Well done on the new washer Bev, of course the downside is the amount of i*****g you are now going to generate
Yeah I got bitten on the river a couple of years ago
by a snake, only didn't realise I had been bitten for a couple of days, thought I had caught myself on something, however it started going black and the flesh coming away, realised it could be serious. Went to the hospital and I had quite a group of very interested doctors around me because of course no one sees a snake bite in this country really. A nurse was saying they had had a case in the Country Park 10 years ago!!!!
Anyway they were all laughing and joking saying well if I wasn't dead then I was going to be alright. Gallows humour or what
On the subject of showers, it is my shower that has stopped working not my water. Not a chance I can sort that one out for a while, but I have a bath, so all is not completely lost, a shower is so much more convenient when I have finished walks and girlies and am off out, 5 minutes in the shower and I am ready to go.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They clipped Dillon's right back to the quick and he wasn't bandaged. They said the same to me they had left just enough to give it the chance to grow back but it might not.
Dillon was a real pain for nibbling round it because I think it was annoying him. So last Sunday he nibbled it and pulled it right out. I didn't realise he had done it till I found the bit of claw on the floor. It did bleed I just thought we had overdone the exercise.
Vet told us to be careful with the exercise to begin with big dog pressure on the paw and of course not to get anything in it.
He is still licking round it some days but he is a bit OCD about licking everything.
I doubt now it will grow back after me finding the lump of claw on the floor.

When we took him in to have it looked at the day he did it and they couldn't sort it as he had eaten they did warn us he might just take it off himself but he didn't.
Thanks Lynn. I'm wondering if maybe it dies once they've cut it back so far and there's no quick there to keep it alive kind of thing?, hence the reason Dillon wanted to remove it himself? Ooooer, I shall have to keep my eye out for any licking with Zena then once this bandage is off. I bet the bandage comes off tomorrow rather than Sunday the way it's looking now She's not bothered by it, except it hinders her walking, but she's never been a bandage ripper offerer or a licker come to that, but we shall see with this. Thanks, I do hope this doesn't turn into another nightmare for me, finger's crossed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Shower problem solved and I have no idea why I did not think of it in the first place. I flipped the footrests up and once ensconced in place pulled the plastic stool inbetween the hangers. It meant that both my feet were resting on it [with my knees bent] so I was able to wash my legs and feet without the soap going near the wounds.

Then when I was done I just pulled open the shower curtains and wheeled forwards pushing the stool in front of me!

Umm - somehow I do not think I have explained that properly...
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Helena - I hope you have a good night with Zena ((hugs)) to you both.
Lore and Moyra - my thoughts are with you both at this time - its so sad when our loved ones start to reach the end of their lives.. Lore I was so close to my Dad and I know what you are going through ((hugs)).
June - Glad you got the roof closed.

To everyone else have a great night and to those who are unwell I hope you get better very very quickly.

I'll be back tomorrow but as I have my brother here I think it would be a trifle rude for me to spend the evening on my laptop.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 05:59 PM
(((Hugs))) for Lorraine and Moyra.
Glad you got the shower problem sorted Malka.
Night jenny enjoy your evening.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Night jenny - enjoy your evening with your brother.

Lynn - I have been struggling with this shower problem for over a week - you would have thought I could have sorted it out before now, but oh no, muggins here just sat and ouched. Daft idjit.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I must apologise to all because I have raced through all the posts in order to check specifically on H and Jenny.....or rather their dogs!

H, I was so pleased to see that you had Zena home safe and sound at lunchtime and fingers are crossed here that the bandage manages to stay put for another twenty four hours...sounds like it's on the slide though. As for her zooming off up the garden, that's not very clever of her after having anaesthetic If she is going to do that, I would put her on a lead for any loo breaks tonight!! Sleep, light food and gentle loo breaks are in order for her As for you - make sure you take time to sit yourself down outside, have a ciggy and whatever beverage takes your fancy, and just try to relax. You have had a horrible couple of worryful days (I just made that word up!).

Jenny that is fantastic news about Flash and his results; you must be very relieved. You could do without Rucksack playing Russian Roulette with bees though

I have given up on Jimmi re guard dog duties. I knew he was hopeless, but today took the dog biscuit (which he is not allowed because of his allergies)........our general maintenance chappie arrived this morning and I didn't hear the doorbell because I was cleaning the front door (hope you are suitable impressed folks). Did Jimmi alert me to all the bell ringing and shouting? Nope, apparently he wandered up to the chap standing in the open back door, wagged his tail briefly then disappeared back to wherever he was snoozing. This afternoon I was picking some beans round the back and some old friends dropped in on the off chance........they passed the sitting room window where Jimmi could be clearly seen lying across the back of the sofa. He watched them go past, and barely flicked an ear.

I need a PROPER dog
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >