Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Couldn't get online yesterday, now I can I have a million things to do, and no time to do them all in, typical lol.

If I were to go to a breeder I would have a million things to question, as to part money would be agreeing with them, and I would need each answered to how I like, before I settle on a breeder, some of these would be things like ethics, health, experience (wouldn't go a to a breeder that doesn't have ten or so years experience living with the breed), I would also look at endorsements, it would be one thing that I would want, but I would also question how many dogs have had restrictions lifted and why, as for each thing there is a good and bad, for example having a low amount that have had restrictions lifted could mean that the breeder is strict, on the flip side it could mean that the pups they breeds aren't good examples of what they breed, or they aren't needed/wanted in any breeding programmes or that the breeder might not want anyone to make money from breeding dogs that they have bred, this may be because the breeder doesn't want the wrong people intrested, or it may mean that they want to breed, but still keep the market open to themselves

Also if pups never have their restrictions lifted but the same breeding is repeated it would make me wonder why, are the parents not producing what the breeder wants but they are breeding again in the hope that something amazing will be produced from the same pairing? As I would question how the breeder thinks that they are going to improve the breed that they are in if they don't lift any restrictions on any pups, as the lines that they have would stop at the parents, so what is the aim in these litters unless at least one pup has its restrictions lifted? Yes it will stop anyone being able to register the pups, but if the pups are good examples of the breed it may stop the progress of the breed if they are not allowed to be bred and add to the breed.

And that was a quick reply lol, I have to leave soon (although don't really know when, and have to deal with family soon, so don't know how I will feel after that )
I would agree with most of that.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am struggling to understand your thinking!!
Must admit I am feeling the same here. Hey there ya go we are agreeing again!

ohh btw you coming tomorrow??
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Must admit I am feeling the same here. Hey there ya go we are agreeing again!

[I]ohh btw you coming tomorrow??[/I]
Yes , whats your affix, will look you up
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thats ok, you don't have to.
Lets hope your hypothetical breeder does though??

When you suggest she is placing endorsements on her pups , because she is breeding substandard dogs!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes , whats your affix, will look you up
Not showing anything we bred tomorrow!
But will have with us Lacdee Split Chick For Kojiki..and NFC Nisyros Midnight Cowboy. See you there!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 03:38 PM
But will have with us Lacdee Split Chick For Kojiki..and NFC Nisyros Midnight Cowboy. See you there!!
Ok,will do,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
What classes??
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 10:08 PM
What classes??
I think shes just In JB, maybe PB aswell.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Lets hope your hypothetical breeder does though??

When you suggest she is placing endorsements on her pups , because she is breeding substandard dogs!!
Funnily enough I don't have problems with many breeders I have not brought dogs, as Honey and Diesel were brought by my parents, but are now mine, but I have brought rabbits, one came from a breeder who had been keeping English since 1983, she had a break of a few years because she was getting education, but has had them for a long time, and has shown, I felt comfortable with her, and was happy enough to spend the eight hours travelling to get Nancy, and paying for her, this breeder has also shown, and has some great rabbits, she was everything that I could of wanted in a breeder, I also have Harmony, and I will admit that I let the number of years expereince slip because Harmony's a tri-coloured English, when I was looking a few years ago there was around four registered breeders, it may of gone up a couple since then, but I don't know, a lady who imported some over no longer keeps or breeds them either, but I let the experience slide because I spoke to other people, other breeders with plenty of experience who knew of this breeder, and I got info from them, aswell as from other people who have got rabbits from this lady, everyone was happy, I was happy from speaking to her, meeting her everything, so on the day I went the five or so hours to get Harmony, and was happy when I got there too that everything was allright, and she also has at least 12cc's with her rabbits, as that was just how many Harmony's father had when I got her

Also most the time I think you don't want to understand , also if your friend doesn't lift any endorsements does that mean that she doesn't even breed from her own stock as she hasn't lifted any endorsements

Also yes I would prefer someone to have boys and girls, prefering doesn't mean I see someone who doesn't as a bad breeder it would mean that I would rather go to someone who has had both.

I would never just accept something, as to give money to a breeder means that I agree with them, I would rather question things, and make sure that I am happy with the breeder and their ethics then find out after I have paid them money and took a dog that I don't agree with them, as that is too little too late.
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14