register for free

Dog News

Animal Hospital shut down after animal remains found in basement

DOLTON, Ill. (WLS) -- The Dolton Animal Hospital has been shut down and is under investigation after the remains of four dogs were found there over the weekend. Several other dogs and cats in poor health were also removed from the facility. Every animal in the hospital has been removed from the premises.

Inspectors deemed to building uninhabitable. On Sunday, police were in the process of interviewing an animal hospital employee to glean more information how conditions reached this point.

Some clients noticed a foul odor last week. Sunday, county police and animal control officers found four dead dogs and ten emaciated animals. Officers says they were in cages without food or water.

The State Department of Financial and Professional Regulation says the veterinarian at the clinic has a valid license. Investigators are talking with staff to try and determine what happened and how things got so bad.
Full article and video here...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/dolton-a...-found/319600/

Another report on the same horrible subject:

Authorities want to know what was going on at a south suburban animal hospital where four dogs were found dead and several others sick and emaciated.

The Cook County Sheriff’s Department is handling the investigation but this morning officers with Dolton code enforcement swarmed the Dolton Animal Hospital in the 15000 block of Lincoln Avenue to continue their part of the investigation.

Meanwhile, current and former clients have been showing up, sharing horror stories.

“I called everybody and nobody paid me any attention,” former client Tina Robinson said this morning.

Robinson claims her 12-year-old Rottweiler, Duke, died at the hands of the people at the Dolton Animal Hospital two months ago. She says she boarded him, along with her two other dogs, back in July while she went out of town.
Robinson says the woman who owns the clinic avoided her when she returned from vacation. “She said that she wasn’t feeling well,” Robinson told reporters. “We came back the next day and she didn’t answer. The third day when we came back to get the dog on Monday, she told me my dog had a heart attack. And I just can’t believe — the dog was in good shape.”

She now wonders if Duke is among the four dead dogs found yesterday when a Dolton police officer stopped by to drop off a stray dog, as contracted by the city.
...[snip]...
Veterinarian Dr. Amerdeep Sangha was at the clinic today. He said he had not heard anything from the Sheriff’s Department about the investigation.

As for the animals that were found, Dr. Sangha told WGN, “We try to do the best we can. And sometimes some of those stray pets that police bring are in real bad shape already.” He had no other comment.
Full article and videos here...

http://wgntv.com/2014/09/21/4-dead-d...imal-hospital/

Your comments and views:
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2014, 03:40 AM
One of the main reasons I don't leave home for any longer than MAYBE overnight.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top