Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Hell that is bad, I think part of the problem is he got too big too quick, as I said, you used to get a great service from him. I've never had a problem getting hold of him by phone, it's just you never know when your delivery will turn up.

Do you have details of Raw Dog Feeders please ?, I just might jump ship.
I've found one thats called Raw Dogs Dinner, is that them ? if it is they're just along the road from me in Kinross, not a huge range though.
Yeah, that's them. For some reason they changed the name, and I can't get out of calling them Raw Dog Feeders I still use that as there website address but it just redirects me

The choice isn't great, but I am going to use them for everything now (recently I have only got ox cheek from them, which I don't think they do now, and everything else from DAF and the butchers). One thing that put me off originally was that the carcasses and wings are frozen together, so I would have to wait until they were partially defrosted to separate them... Jake has never once refused one of there carcasses though, whereas he regularly refuses the DAF ones so I will no longer be ordering from them. I would rather have the extra hassle of RDD wings and carcasses, rather than spending money on DAF ones purely coz they are easier, but won't be eaten

So, I am going to start getting the bulk from them and then just get the odd wee bits from the butchers (I can get a lot cheap) and the reduced section in the supermarket.

Also, for me, DAF only deliver once a month so sometimes need to order early. Whereas RDD deliver here once a week... I think it is less often for further away places though, but the guy told me they deliver quite far up north.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Yeah, that's them. For some reason they changed the name, and I can't get out of calling them Raw Dog Feeders I still use that as there website address but it just redirects me

The choice isn't great, but I am going to use them for everything now (recently I have only got ox cheek from them, which I don't think they do now, and everything else from DAF and the butchers). One thing that put me off originally was that the carcasses and wings are frozen together, so I would have to wait until they were partially defrosted to separate them... Jake has never once refused one of there carcasses though, whereas he regularly refuses the DAF ones so I will no longer be ordering from them. I would rather have the extra hassle of RDD wings and carcasses, rather than spending money on DAF ones purely coz they are easier, but won't be eaten

So, I am going to start getting the bulk from them and then just get the odd wee bits from the butchers (I can get a lot cheap) and the reduced section in the supermarket.

Also, for me, DAF only deliver once a month so sometimes need to order early. Whereas RDD deliver here once a week... I think it is less often for further away places though, but the guy told me they deliver quite far up north.
Go into B&Q, you can get hand axes pretty cheap and then it's a doddle to separate frozen carcasses, you just chop it where they join and they pop apart.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Go into B&Q, you can get hand axes pretty cheap and then it's a doddle to separate frozen carcasses, you just chop it where they join and they pop apart.
Oh, that's a good idea! I usually try to use a big knife, but it takes forever. I also have to put gloves on, and then rubber gloves over them coz my hands get so cold
Beaney
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi guys thanks i used to use Fife animal feeds stopped a while ago as he stopped sending emails for deliveries etc found raw dog feeders now raw dogs dinner but they have run into a problem just now and i am waiting on them starting up again liked them they were very helpful and friendly but they are meant to be starting up again.. Went to pets at home at weekend to get some bits.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, that's a good idea! I usually try to use a big knife, but it takes forever. I also have to put gloves on, and then rubber gloves over them coz my hands get so cold
Just be sure to get something to do the chopping on, I use a log set on it's end, you'll be all over the place at first but you'll get an eye for it very quickly, the OH is very impressed with my axe swinging
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Beaney View Post
Hi does anyone know of anyone that delivers raw dog food to Edinburgh please?
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
I've contacted Rawtogo and they are going to get back to me next week once they have had a reply from their courier. I will post here when they do.
Raw to go emailed me back today and our postcodes qualify for standard delivery charges which can be found here

http://rawtogo.co.uk/DeliveryPrices.aspx
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Beaney View Post
Went to pets at home at weekend to get some bits.
First week for me on the P@H stuff has went very well. Tomorrow will be first day all raw.

I have a friend who is supplying in midlothian (albeit I don't think he is going large scale but will find out his plans for the future...) His list is very similar to Raw To Go but I plan to pick up as he only lives a few miles away, saving me the delivery charge. I've placed my first order with him and will let you know how it goes.

However the difference in price between his products and P@H comes in at around 80p/kg
Clairebear
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2012, 11:10 PM
There no longer in service(raw dog feeders) and RAW DOG FEEDERS never had any problems with FAF reason he is moaning is cause he WORKED with Steven, went behind his back and screwed him over! So if you want someone that can do that to a friend imagine what he can do for you as his customer....just saying

Never had a problem with Steven, His system is a bit old school I agree, but only so much one man can do!
Clairebear
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Hell that is bad, I think part of the problem is he got too big too quick, as I said, you used to get a great service from him. I've never had a problem getting hold of him by phone, it's just you never know when your delivery will turn up.

Do you have details of Raw Dog Feeders please ?, I just might jump ship.
I've found one thats called Raw Dogs Dinner, is that them ? if it is they're just along the road from me in Kinross, not a huge range though.
There no longer in service(raw dog feeders) and RAW DOG FEEDERS never had any problems with FAF reason he is moaning is cause he WORKED with Steven, went behind his back and screwed him over! So if you want someone that can do that to a friend imagine what he can do for you as his customer....just saying

Never had a problem with Steven, His system is a bit old school I agree, but only so much one man can do!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post

Well maybe he need to hires some more people. His customer service is terrible, and I have read many accounts of this over the internet... so it isn't just me being a one off... Just saying.

Raw Dog Feeders have/had far superior service to FAF and I believe their food is supplied by DAF so therefore I would say the food from RDF is/was far superior too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >