Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2012, 08:36 PM

Wendy - 5yo Highland Mare

My sister took some nice pictures of me riding Wendy the other day and I thought I'd share a few!

This is the first time I've schooled her in ages, we've been concentrating on getting her braver out and about, 70% of the time she's really good, but she has her moments! Nothig bad, she just stops and refuses go anywhere!

She goes round in walk & trot but not in the canter and it's bit inconsistant in trot! I'm sure it'll all slot into place eventually!

The quality isn't the best, it was raining that silly misty rain and it's the first time Charlotte has taken pictures of a horse moving!!

Warming up

Canter

Pretty twinkle toes!

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:01 AM
she's going to be awesome once she's more established!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
she's going to be awesome once she's more established!
She will make a really lovely family pony! We've got her up for sale, but it seems most people want a pony that is already established, they don't have time to bring one on, which is a shame because we are spread quite thinly, 2 people with a trekking centre/stud to run, so we don't have as much time as we'd like to be able to really get cracking with her!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:50 AM
They're lovely photos! Wendy is lovely How old is she? You make a really good pair. I think the last one is gorgeous!

I've been lucky enough to start riding again - a friends retired Show Hunter, Jack, he's massive (I'm tiny!) but such a gent . Too skint atm to afford riding lessons, and my friend has quite a few young horses she's bringing on and less and less time so it's perfect! I only seem to manage once a fortnight though due to baby, dogs, work and we seem to fill our weekends without meaning to!

Btw, she's having real trouble selling her youngster who is perfect in everyway, bred and destined for grand prix dressage, must be for the same reasons you say..
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
They're lovely photos! Wendy is lovely How old is she? You make a really good pair. I think the last one is gorgeous!

I've been lucky enough to start riding again - a friends retired Show Hunter, Jack, he's massive (I'm tiny!) but such a gent . Too skint atm to afford riding lessons, and my friend has quite a few young horses she's bringing on and less and less time so it's perfect! I only seem to manage once a fortnight though due to baby, dogs, work and we seem to fill our weekends without meaning to!

Btw, she's having real trouble selling her youngster who is perfect in everyway, bred and destined for grand prix dressage, must be for the same reasons you say..
Wendy is 5! I struggle a bit with her canter, particularly on the right rein which is my weaker rein!

I want to get my own, something thats not a highland, a 'proper' horse,' if you see what I mean!! Just put an ad out for a tb, something that has maybe raced, for permananent/loan term loan, although I'm not fussy if it's not a tb!! Got a reply about a gelding that sounds perfect, but just south of Edinburgh, so a bit far really to go and see it, especially as I'm having car problems!!

Horses just aren't selling at the moment, people don't have the money and time for horses. It's a shame because we've got some fab youngsters for sale! Alot of people also want something they can just get on and go, without having to spend a lot of time getting it going in the first place!!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Brilliant photos! She really is lovely.

I would love to bring something on but just don't have the knowledge, or experience . I have just started to learn to lunge my section a and that's about all i can do lol

Helen
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Great pics. You do make a lovely pair.

Wish I had the space and the money my daughter would love her.

She is very very pretty and looks like she will make a lovely pony for someone xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
I want to get my own, something thats not a highland, a 'proper' horse,' if you see what I mean!! Just put an ad out for a tb, something that has maybe raced, for permananent/loan term loan, although I'm not fussy if it's not a tb!! Got a reply about a gelding that sounds perfect, but just south of Edinburgh, so a bit far really to go and see it, especially as I'm having car problems!!
Omg I love thoroughbreds, I'd LOVE an ex racer, a small, young one, so i can compete in Retrained Racehorse classes, always my favourite class. But first I need a lot more time, and money, and a good trainer! Hopefully one day!

Have you ever come across http://www.thoroughbredrehabilitationcentre.co.uk/ they loan ex racehorses out, they have a few up on their website.

Good luck in your search and keep us updated! Very exciting xx

P.s are you going to any of the GYS rescheduled HOYS ridden classes on the 14th? I'm going to watch saying as i missed out on the real thing - it's free to watch!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Wendy looks lovely

I was going to suggest looking at the TB rehoming places as well.

I've had my 'proper' horses and now back to smaller horses and natives, much prefer them
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Omg I love thoroughbreds, I'd LOVE an ex racer, a small, young one, so i can compete in Retrained Racehorse classes, always my favourite class. But first I need a lot more time, and money, and a good trainer! Hopefully one day!

Have you ever come across http://www.thoroughbredrehabilitationcentre.co.uk/ they loan ex racehorses out, they have a few up on their website.

Good luck in your search and keep us updated! Very exciting xx

P.s are you going to any of the GYS rescheduled HOYS ridden classes on the 14th? I'm going to watch saying as i missed out on the real thing - it's free to watch!
If I manage to find a horse, you can come and have a go!

I've been on that site, I really like Wigwam Willie, but I can't afford the £600 adoption fee! I can afford the up keep of a horse, just not the initial payment, which is why I'm just looking at loaning for now!

I'm not at the GYS HOYS classes, our ponies aren't that good yet!! I'd love to go and watch, but I'll probably be busy!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >