Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 07:51 AM

Daily Chat Tuesday 5th January

Good morning everyone

Nice to see you Lynn and pleased you were able to talk to Michael at Christmas and New Year, Poor Gorden but good on him for being breakdown help.

Another wet day but hey we are now in lockdown so can't do anything anyway. Just hope we can get on top of this virus sooner than later so we can all have some sort of "normal" life. Take care Chris and Moyra as you isolate yet again.

Hope all are well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2021, 08:08 AM
Morning Sue.
Wet here to and yes another lock down, we were in tier 4 from Boxing day so it makes not a lot of difference to us.
I didn't catch up till later there would be an announcement at 8 pm so now I know why I had to pop to Tesco no delivery slots for a week.

Harvey hope you are continuing to improve, hope Zena is managing with the loss of Bruno and you and Alena are slowly recovering from losing him to.
Also yourself Moyra, you must be missing Amber.

Thankfully Dillon is doing well still wanting his walks some days we are out for an hour pavement walking and he jumps onto the bed with no trouble and wants a game after tea again in the evenings.

Keep safe stay well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Good morning Sue and Lynn and those to follow. Have a good day and stay safe and well.

Lynn, I am glad Dillon is keeping ok. Long may he do so. Keep seeing Amber out of the corner of my eye. Her friend Tinks who she used to play with is very ill and I must catch up with my mate Chris to see whether they had to take the horrible decision to lay her to rest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Sad times Moyra. We are very grateful that Dillon is still doing so well especially for his breed so many young Berners are going to the bridge last year and this year.
Considering he is turned 9 now and his two big ops so close together we wonder every day at his health, we know time is not on our side now due to age but we make the most of every day. Although in the back of our minds we know we are closer to the horrible decision we will have to make now.
We do feel though if he continues the way he is we will be seeing him into double figures, fingers crossed.
I hope your friends still have their companions with them.

I am sure Amber is around to let you know she is now pain free and letting you know you made the right decision.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Good morning all

Horrible weather again

Glad to hear Dillon is doing so well, Lynn. Rosie has slowed down quite a bit this last few months, but I'm thinking the changes in routine are as much to blame as anything else. She's still a cheeky little Princess though

Apparently we have a guy interested in the flat but he has another property to sell so I ain't holding my breath and now, of course, this new lockdown will put an end to any hopes of selling until at least the spring
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
he jumps onto the bed with no trouble and wants a game after tea in the evenings.

This seems typical of large dogs. Rianna was the same and now that Xena has lost Bruno she nearly always wants to 'play fight' with Alena after her dinner. I think it's a good sign and as you say hopefuly Dillon will be around to play for some time to come.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Chris...house sales can still go ahead
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Chris...house sales can still go ahead
Yep, but how many will brave a viewing during lockdown
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Fingers crossed for the flat Chris. You can do things virtually and if moving still move just not allowed to have people like family help unless in your bubble.
Removal firms still working and socially distancing and mask wearing I would hope.
Dillon has slowed down Chris like Rosie, bur still has energy at some point in the day usually mornings for his walk and evenings a short time after his tea.

Harvey Dillon play fights while Gorden is getting ready in the mornings, Dillon has always seen Gorden as his play mate. He does play with me but more subdued as I was the one who had to do all the training and train his very very naughty ways out of him when he was a youngster and hormonal teenager.

I think you'll be surprised Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Chris, both of my friends have and one has sold their house during lockdown too...they will be hopefully moving to their new home in the next 2 weeks