Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Your entitled to cut him lack if you wish. It's your choice, I on the other hand have no wish to, the man may live a lifestyle that is completely alien to most of us, this does not mean we think it's aweful or can't understand how it is for him, yes he lives of the land and lives closer to nature, BUT , he insists with every post who bad we the rest of the world are and its his mission to EDUCATE us to his ways.....it's patronising to say the least,

Now because we talk back, he decides to throw his toys out of the pram , not so different from the rest of the world then, people don't like what you say so you throw a paddy!

He can do as he likes, go, stay, but let him remember we are not to be preached to or insulted because we are not listening.

Jackie.
Thank you. In your short post you just pointed out in Black and White a whole host of issues and their root cause.
I am happy in my heart your eyes are so open.
PS. I don't know what pram is. By the sounds, it's a vehicle or a containment unit of some kind. Jail? I don't know what paddy is but judging by where it's put and how it's used it kinda means I got angry ..am I correct?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dr Salter View Post
Why are all of these people arguing about Feeding Raw Dog food? Preaching about how you should feed Raw, and pontificating about how people who do not feed Raw are being unfair to their dogs !. Ive never seen so many idiots on a forum posting in the wrong place !! The thread is headed "Why not feed raw" nothing more, nothing less. Simply post why you choose to not feed is the purpose of this thread, and if you have nothing to say about why you do not feed raw then dont post!!! Post your pompous remarks elsewhere!!!
Exactly Dr Salter ... you said it, post your pompous remarks elsewhere!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Good points made, I don't feed raw it does not suit my lifestyle, it's as simple as that, I don't want to be preached to that I am a cruel human being for my choice of dog food....

As the topic suggests, why don't you feed raw....the answer is I don't want to, it's my choice, end of.

Why should allowances be made, I don't take offence by his viewpoint, I just get fed up with his rambling on about how right he is and how wrong the rest if humanity is.

Yes he lives a different lifestyle to most of us, good for him, but maybe instead of accusing the rest of us of getting it wrong and not listening to his wise words of wisdom, he aught to take a bit of his own advice and listen to other view points....he might learn something !
T'was ever thus ... someone pops up in the playground who is different from all the other children, and that poor child is subjected to effectively being pecked like a low ranking chicken in a hen coop!

I LIKE people who are different, who plough their own furrow in life, who choose to walk along the rough, not the smooth.

I enjoy his posts, and I cannot for the life of me find in any of them that he has said people who do not feed raw are cruel
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Musher View Post
"Many people resent being told they are worthless because the..."

I didn't tell anyone there life is beneath me/mine.
I am sorry if that's what people think.
I heard my younger but much wiser brother say, "I don't believe anything I hear or even half the ---- I see.
Confucsius said: "Judge a man by the things with which he busies himself, not by the things which he says".

Wise words!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
T'was ever thus ... someone pops up in the playground who is different from all the other children, and that poor child is subjected to effectively being pecked like a low ranking chicken in a hen coop!
That's not it at all NIkki and you know it, don't try to turn this into some form of bullying/ picking on post..

I do not have a problem with musher on a personal level, he can live his life the way he wants, I admire anyone who wishes to live off the land, it's up to them just as its my choice to live how I wish,

My issue is simple down to the condescending attitude that comes from musher, towards those who do not take his preaching to heart, he has used derogatory words towards others who do not follow his teaching. And yes I use the word " teaching" because that's how it comes across, a school teacher chastising his pupils because they don't get his lessons

Live and let live, don't go round telling others yours is the right and only way !!
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Instead of constantly saying you're misinterpreted, how about you think about why the reception to your comments isn't how you like it? Instead of typing "LOL" and once again sneering at people who posed questions and opinions you didn't like, how about you do what you said we do? Accept people's opinions, whether you like them or not.

Your messages are a bit hard to read and perhaps there is misinterpretation, but I don't think so. I was clear (I thought) about why I believe lots of your comments hold little weight, and how your lifestyle is hypocritical to your insistence on dog food being so harmful. Your word choice, IMO needs work.

If you wish to insist that dog food feeders wouldn't feed their dogs dog food, and the whole thing about being an idiot for feeding it, then that is your prerogative, but don't expect a wonderful reception, because the insinuations and whatnot are there IMO.

As for deleting the account, it cannot be done.
I "LOL'ed me. I laughed at me because I made a mistake in getting "too personal" with "unhealthy borders" and was kind of embarrassed. Here we laugh at ourselves a lot, embarrassment is 1. Just now, after reading some posts I am chuckling at how I have aroused quite the stir about personalities, albeit inadvertently.
As for "idiot". Again, me. Because I was right there seeing what was going into the pot and believed them telling me it was good for my dogs.
I don't know what IMO means .
LOL(at me)I am so thankful for Spell Correct.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by sandgrubber View Post
My dogs wander around after the chickens and eat their poop. They scramble to find cat poop when we take walks.

Is this ok cause it's semi-organic?
LOL. Mine do too.
I can't say for sure but it hasn't bothered mine. But when they get loose they do eat chickens and their poop. And little rabbits, and frogs, and snakes..... It's kinda disgusting what they will eat but it doesn't seem to have negative effect on them other than getting a tapeworm or some kind now and then.
The dog's mouth actually creates a germ killing substance. I think it's called lysine or lycosine orsomething like that. I read about it a few years ago in a vet's book.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 06:19 PM
That's not it at all NIkki and you know it, don't try to turn this into some form of bullying/ picking on post..

I do not have a problem with musher on a personal level, he can live his life the way he wants, I admire anyone who wishes to live off the land, it's up to them just as its my choice to live how I wish,

My issue is simple down to the condescending attitude that comes from musher, towards those who do not take his preaching to heart, he has used derogatory words towards others who do not follow his teaching. And yes I use the word " teaching" because that's how it comes across, a school teacher chastising his pupils because they don't get his lessons

Live and let live, don't go round telling others yours is the right and only way !!

Please show me those derogatory words.
I didn't realize that's how it comes across,. I also had no idea that the missionaries had had such a profound effect on me. I am sorry that it came across like that.
Again I find myself laughing at me. Thank goodness my old ones taught me that. I would've died of embarrassment by now had they not.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 06:29 PM
"Thank you very much but I'll stick to raw"
"Jealous of my feeding"

Nobody suggested you change, so why the sarcasm? There are plenty of ways for dogs to get Omega 3 and fish is not part of a dogs natural diet, anyway. Dogs make for terrible fishers and do not eat fish worth anything in the wild.

Lol, what is up with this snobbery attitude that so many raw feeders have? Why not just feed what your dogs do well on and let us feed what our dogs do well on? Why adopt the attitude that you're better by making posts such as "pet lovers"?

Musher, you should know full well that there are other ways that owners endanger a dogs life, health, and well being (recall you speaking about having to kill your dogs due to this). How people are bent on one thing, but seem to exclude other important aspects is really short sighted IMO.

People can keep, rear, and feed their dogs how they want to, and it's not something that should be sneered at.
Perhaps I shouldn't have second guessed myself and deleted "government subsidized rendering plants" from "Thank you very much-----but I'll stick to raw"
"Jealous" was to point out only the high amount of vits and mins that most of "us poor humans" (me being part of us) strive to and can't afford to consume.
I wasn't adopting attitude with"pet lovers". I simply wished to include all of us.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 06:33 PM
"Thank you very much but I'll stick to raw"
"Jealous of my feeding"

Nobody suggested you change, so why the sarcasm? There are plenty of ways for dogs to get Omega 3 and fish is not part of a dogs natural diet, anyway. Dogs make for terrible fishers and do not eat fish worth anything in the wild.

Lol, what is up with this snobbery attitude that so many raw feeders have? Why not just feed what your dogs do well on and let us feed what our dogs do well on? Why adopt the attitude that you're better by making posts such as "pet lovers"?

Musher, you should know full well that there are other ways that owners endanger a dogs life, health, and well being (recall you speaking about having to kill your dogs due to this). How people are bent on one thing, but seem to exclude other important aspects is really short sighted IMO.

People can keep, rear, and feed their dogs how they want to, and it's not something that should be sneered at.
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
Why would you want to unsubscribe?
I'm sure you have a wealth in interesting stories and knowledge, but it doesn't mean others don't. Not all people here are just 'pet lovers', many are trainers, competitors and rescuers and even if they are just pet lovers, what's wrong with that.
I, personally, enjoy a good, civil debate. It can educate and make you research your choices, whether it changes your opinion or not, it can only make your arguments more valid and stronger.
I'll say"research". LOL(to me again)I spend so much time in translation dictionary then the English dictionary it must look funny to some people. It is most certainly an education process.
Page 49 of 56 « First < 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »