Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
Why would you want to unsubscribe?
I'm sure you have a wealth in interesting stories and knowledge, but it doesn't mean others don't. Not all people here are just 'pet lovers', many are trainers, competitors and rescuers and even if they are just pet lovers, what's wrong with that.
I, personally, enjoy a good, civil debate. It can educate and make you research your choices, whether it changes your opinion or not, it can only make your arguments more valid and stronger.
Nothing wrong in differences of opinion ... how boring would any forum be if we sat around the fire chewing the fat and all agreeing with everything every one says! I relish a good debate and if Musher goes this forum will be very much the worse for it.
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Musher: Your English is fine. You're having no problem communicating. The problem is your message. Many people resent being told they are worthless because they don't live the same lifestyle you do. Do you expect people to love you because you tell them you are superior, and they and their dogs are a waste of space.

Those who work on sustainable carrying capacity have made various efforts to work out how many people the earth could support living a primitive lifestyle such as you advocate. There is no consensus, but almost all estimates are under a few hundred million. What do you suggest the other six billion people do?

If you want to talk to like-minded people, it makes no sense to come out under a thread on "Why NOT to feed raw". If you don't like the heat, by all means, stay out of the kitchen.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Instead of constantly saying you're misinterpreted, how about you think about why the reception to your comments isn't how you like it? Instead of typing "LOL" and once again sneering at people who posed questions and opinions you didn't like, how about you do what you said we do? Accept people's opinions, whether you like them or not.

Your messages are a bit hard to read and perhaps there is misinterpretation, but I don't think so. I was clear (I thought) about why I believe lots of your comments hold little weight, and how your lifestyle is hypocritical to your insistence on dog food being so harmful. Your word choice, IMO needs work.

If you wish to insist that dog food feeders wouldn't feed their dogs dog food, and the whole thing about being an idiot for feeding it, then that is your prerogative, but don't expect a wonderful reception, because the insinuations and whatnot are there IMO.

As for deleting the account, it cannot be done.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 01:17 PM
There is probably some truth in what you guys have said re Musher, but I think you are both being a tad harsh. Clearly, Musher has a very different lifestyle than probably almost all of the people on Dogsey ... how wonderful, I say, what an opportunity to learn from someone who is extremely eloquent, obviously very intelligent, but lives by the rules of a sustainable lifestyle ... I am guessing that really, I have no idea whether Musher has electricity and all the modern lifestyle luxuries like heating, washing machines, drives a car etc. etc. Some slack needs to be cut here ... if he lives in a self-sufficient way, who are we to criticise him for hunting bear? Whereas I am totally against killing for fun or for profit, maybe Musher has to kill bear for some very good reason ... for warm clothing, or because the bear was a real threat to, say, his dogs, on whom he depends not only for his lifestyle, but his very life.

I for one am absolutely fascinated to learn from anyone who lives in such a way ... in my lifetime (I am 61) it is perfectly possible that I may see the collapse of civilisation as we know it, and I like to think that I would be able to survive pretty well without any of today's luxuries, but nonetheless I still have a whole world of stuff to learn before I could thrive living off the land.

In Musher's world, everything is far more black and white ... you live or you die, you feed your dogs on fish guts or they die. This must make you very tenacious of life, very blunt, direct and to the point. No room or time for polite politically correct ramblings, just cut straight to the chase and say it as it is. I love this attitude ... that is what I admire the most about Myra of course, her youthful bluntness, assuredness, confidence and refusal to allow anyone to knock her down ... Musher included. After all, if you dish it out, you must take it as well.

For sure, Musher has the choice to get out of the heat of the kitchen, but I for one think this would be a lost major opportunity for all of us to learn more about an alternative lifestyle currently, but which will very soon become the ONLY lifestyle. I sincerely hope he does not leave the kitchen, but continues to be a pot boiler, to provoke, to make us think and yes, sometimes upset, you cannot tell the truth without upsetting someone.

So I for one will cut him some slack and be more accepting and forgiving of someone who lives a very different life from most, if not all, of us.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I have not put down his facts, I've put down his opinions of jealousy, his sarcastic remarks, his comments on dog food being excrement and therefore his insinuation that all of it is the same (absolutely untrue).

By claiming he was an idiot for feeding dog food for whatever reason, it puts the rest of us down, and he seems extremely egotistical for someone who is constantly calling others this. Perhaps he didn't exclude himself, I'll put that out there.

Dislike it all you want, but IMO he needs to step off his pedestal. If there is indeed some kind of misunderstanding, I'd like him to point it out and try to explain rather than just mocking the responses of others. I'd like to know why he believes his statements have been misunderstood.

As for him wanting to leave, so be it. It's his choice and I for one will not try to stop him. If he doesn't wish to associate with Dogsey because of one disagreement over dog food, then perhaps this isn't the best place for him.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 03:03 PM
All true what you say Myra, but clearly he is a man who shoots from the hip, he says it as it is, which is not always well accepted on a forum like Dogsey.

To give an example:

I actually agree with him in principle about raw feeding, but there are always shades of grey. I doubt not that there are some dogs who would not thrive on it ... certainly a dog like my old labrador who had nephritis could not be fed on a high protein diet.

What I disagree with, but do not condemn him for because personally I like a man who shoots from the hip! ... is his seeming reluctance to agree that one size does not fit all. But as I have said before, he is clearly a man with a very different lifestyle to your's and mine, and he would view the world through very different eyes ... I think allowances should be made for that, as patronising as that sounds!

I personally do not take any offence from his bluntness, and I think it would be a real shame if he does not come back. I think he is an extremely interesting person from whom we could learn a lot, and I think we could all ignore Musher's apparent rudeness - I don't think he means to be rude at all, he is just a man who sees things clearly in black and white because that is what you need to do when living a self-sufficient style of life.

Musher mate, please come back ... Gnasher will sorely miss you if you leave for good!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dr Salter View Post
At last a sensible post here !

Your right, this thread is supposed to be for people to state why they dont feed !

The ramblings of one poster and the pontification of another do not belong here. Go pontificate elsewhere!!!

Good points made, I don't feed raw it does not suit my lifestyle, it's as simple as that, I don't want to be preached to that I am a cruel human being for my choice of dog food....

As the topic suggests, why don't you feed raw....the answer is I don't want to, it's my choice, end of.

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

What I disagree with, but do not condemn him for because personally I like a man who shoots from the hip! ... is his seeming reluctance to agree that one size does not fit all. But as I have said before, he is clearly a man with a very different lifestyle to your's and mine, and he would view the world through very different eyes ... I think allowances should be made for that, as patronising as that sounds!

Why should allowances be made, I don't take offence by his viewpoint, I just get fed up with his rambling on about how right he is and how wrong the rest if humanity is.

Yes he lives a different lifestyle to most of us, good for him, but maybe instead of accusing the rest of us of getting it wrong and not listening to his wise words of wisdom, he aught to take a bit of his own advice and listen to other view points....he might learn something !
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

So I for one will cut him some slack and be more accepting and forgiving of someone who lives a very different life from most, if not all, of us.
Your entitled to cut him lack if you wish. It's your choice, I on the other hand have no wish to, the man may live a lifestyle that is completely alien to most of us, this does not mean we think it's aweful or can't understand how it is for him, yes he lives of the land and lives closer to nature, BUT , he insists with every post who bad we the rest of the world are and its his mission to EDUCATE us to his ways.....it's patronising to say the least,

Now because we talk back, he decides to throw his toys out of the pram , not so different from the rest of the world then, people don't like what you say so you throw a paddy!

He can do as he likes, go, stay, but let him remember we are not to be preached to or insulted because we are not listening.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 05:17 PM
"Many people resent being told they are worthless because the..."

I didn't tell anyone there life is beneath me/mine.
I am sorry if that's what people think.
I heard my younger but much wiser brother say, "I don't believe anything I hear or even half the ---- I see.
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Why are all of these people arguing about Feeding Raw Dog food? Preaching about how you should feed Raw, and pontificating about how people who do not feed Raw are being unfair to their dogs !. Ive never seen so many idiots on a forum posting in the wrong place !! The thread is headed "Why not feed raw" nothing more, nothing less. Simply post why you choose to not feed is the purpose of this thread, and if you have nothing to say about why you do not feed raw then dont post!!! Post your pompous remarks elsewhere!!!
Page 48 of 56 « First < 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »