View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Sigh..........TW, the Parish records go back way before you or your parents; they go back way before census returns and the start of certificates in 1837. I feel a lecture on family history coming on

I can just picture Cariad with her bone, and those gorgeous bundles of fluff trying to get a munch on it. You are going to miss them so much, as we all will.

One last chotah peg for me before bed then.....it's freezing fog here. Not nice
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Right that's it........time for bed methinks.

*chucks another log on the fire in case of latecomers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah but how would I go about finding say my parent's marriage records using the parish records, I'm not sure which church they married in, it may even have been a registry office as my mother was a war widow
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yeah but how would I go about finding say my parent's marriage records using the parish records, I'm not sure which church they married in, it may even have been a registry office as my mother was a war widow
Where they married in Lancashire June? Try LANCS BMD records online. If not try Free BMD. That will give you the area & the quarter that they got married. You could then send for the certificate.
If you want you can PM me with what you know & ill have a look on various subscription sites I'm on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Thing is I don't know a lot really, obviously their dates of births, but have no idea of their wedding anniversary at all because my only memory of anything to do with it was my dad booking a table at a local restaurant and her refusing to go......Happy Families or what I was amazed to find my dad was born in Luton when I received his death certificate, all his family and sisters were up here, so at some point they must have moved up here, I know his father was married twice but don't even know his name.
There is a family 'legend' if you like that on my dad's side we are descended from Judge Jeffreys 'the Hanging Judge' and on my mothers side the Douglas family (Robert The Bruce) which is a bit apt as they certainly never seemed to get on
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Thing is I don't know a lot really, obviously their dates of births, but have no idea of their wedding anniversary at all because my only memory of anything to do with it was my dad booking a table at a local restaurant and her refusing to go......Happy Families or what I was amazed to find my dad was born in Luton when I received his death certificate, all his family and sisters were up here, so at some point they must have moved up here, I know his father was married twice but don't even know his name.
There is a family 'legend' if you like that on my dad's side we are descended from Judge Jeffreys 'the Hanging Judge' and on my mothers side the Douglas family (Robert The Bruce) which is a bit apt as they certainly never seemed to get on
Email me your parents names & I will see what I can find. lynneb55 at sky.com
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2012, 04:29 PM
OK, doing it now
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 06:03 PM
OK, doing it now
Got your email. I'll have a look later & get back to you