Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I wasn't going to say anything but ... my Auntie Nora moved to a static in Devon when she retired. Her life was hell right up until she died. It was the worst move she ever made.
It sounds good on the surface, the new ones are well insulated, and made to last at least 50 years, they come with everything, TV, furniture, all kitchen accessories, curtains, carpets, the lot.

But, you are at the mercy of the site owner and they can do whatever they like. I believe that some new legislation has come in this year which gives the residents a little bit more protection, and some site owners are human, but unfortunately a lot are not
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-06-2013, 08:09 PM
They have them in Cyprus too but they are ridiculous prices no doubt on account of the 'novelty' of them.
This one is £80K which seems reasonable especially if fishing is your scene, lake shore just 5 metres from back door, you could almost fish off the patio
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
EATING fish is my scene Losos. And they sell it at EVERY eatery all along the waterfront here!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Oooh, the Grimsby fish man comes to Ledbury tomorrow so we are looking forward to a whacking piece of cod. We would probably live on fish if we lived where you do Tang.

Lynn, I did laugh at the image of your teacher being horrified to learn that you were the sister of the cane hider!! Those were the days eh..........proper instant punishment, and with the blessing of parents too. Unlike now when nobody is allowed to touch the little darlings.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Unlike now when nobody is allowed to touch the little darlings.
It's gone too far, nobody in authority seems to realise that kids are always testing the boundaries, they soon discover if there are no boundaries, they maybe only ten or twelve years old but they ain't stupid.

ETA hope you get a nice bit of Cod tomorrow, wish we had someone like that around here. We used to get a mobile shop, but he had mainly bread and a few other things and anyway OH said she didn't think his van was very hygenic
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-06-2013, 08:43 PM
EATING fish is my scene Losos. And they sell it at EVERY eatery all along the waterfront here!
Paradise indeed
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Just paging jenny.g - get yerself back over to that Bichon wotsit thread. I've got QUESTIONS for you girrrl!
Hopefully I answered your question lady Go see. I love your hanging baskets they look fab and how inventive.
Harvey - There weren't any photos of the inside of that cabin - maybe left as one room so the buyer can do want they want The weather here is so local. On Friday afternoon my brother and I sat outside in the sun, yet a friend of mine who lives less than two miles away had rain.
Lynn - I love looking at property on Prime Location and dreaming but you can look for real Will Gorden be living in town when he's working or commute daily?
Sally - Hi You had nice weather too today
I can't believe last night that I fell asleep on the settee before I posted my reply to you, and by the time I did post you'd gone
Helena - Another one with sun this afternoon

Well I've just seen the BBC weather for tomorrow. Someone is lying .... the Met Office says no rain until Thursday evening for my area, yet the BBC says rain overnight tonight and tomorrow morning and clearing up in the afternoon. I'm off to visit my Mum in the morning with the dogs as my god-mother is going too and it's lovely to see her. It also makes her visit to my Mum more bearable as they've known each other since they were 4yrs old and been the best of friends ever since.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Paradise indeed

Yep just order 'catch of the day' and they sell it to you by WEIGHT. It doesn't have a price on the menu just how much it is per kilo.

Dagnammit I really fancy a sea bream right now!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Pat - Those fish sound lovely ..... I too fancy a fish meal. My sons often fish here but a) you are meant to return the fish to the river and b) mainly pike and eels
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Pat - Those fish sound lovely ..... I too fancy a fish meal. My sons often fish here but a) you are meant to return the fish to the river and b) mainly pike and eels
Around Christmas time there are a plentiful supply of Carp here, that is a lovely tasting fish but OMG the bones are just too much bit like I would imagine pike and eels would be, not that I've ever tried either of them.

Hope your visit to your Mum goes well tomorrow.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >