View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I really like the Red Dingo tags too. Aside from looking good, they are really tough, don't rust, the engraving doesn't fade and the split rings are really strong I'll always buy Red Dingo tags.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
Mine have "Tattoo'd, micro chipped and Neutered" on one side. The other has my surname and my mobile. Then "VET" and his number underneath.
I figured it would be easy for someone to dump my dog at the vet and my vet is totally cool about it.
Thats not legally compliant though. Your address and postcode is required by law.

I dont understand why they dont start sending out dog wardens to fine for this stuff...... they would make a fortune! So many people either dont want thier full details on tags or just don't realise that a name and number isn't enough.

I bought one of my close friends a legally compliant dog tag for their Christmas present!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
Mine have "Tattoo'd, micro chipped and Neutered" on one side. The other has my surname and my mobile. Then "VET" and his number underneath.
I figured it would be easy for someone to dump my dog at the vet and my vet is totally cool about it.
I just hope your vets aren't like Pets at Home though.....

The elderly lady around the corner from me lost her Cairn terrier this summer. Someone found it and took it to our local "Pets at Home" branch and when she went to collect it they charged her £60 for them holding the dog for her that day! It was a Sunday so don't know if that made the difference? She is on a pension so not happy about having to pay this but I guess it may have made her make her garden secure and also get a dog tag for her dog!
Tibter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ellard View Post
Mine all have Indigo Collar Tags. One of my springers was notorious for losing his tag and I had to replace it every couple of weeks got an Indigo tag and he has managed to kieep it now for over 3 years They are slightly more expensive but have a lifetime guarantee against wear and tear and breakage.

http://www.indigocollartags.com/
Thank you Ellard. I think you may have solved my problem. My dog does not have a tag. Now before you lot call the police, take a look at where I live

He did have a tag but I have a slatted wooden bench in the garden. Twice my dog climbed on to the bench and got the tag caught in the slats. I thought it was so sweet with him sleeping on the bench. That is until I heard the pitiful whimpering. He was caught by the tag, so I took it off.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I've also got the breed of my dogs on their tags as well as address, phone number and micro-chipped they say "kerry Blue terrier". This is in case I have to ring up police/dog warden as I don't want to have to go through the list of breeds my dogs are commonly reckoned to be such as Labradoodles, Scotties, Schnauzers, Poodles etc etc!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tibter View Post
Thank you Ellard. I think you may have solved my problem. My dog does not have a tag. Now before you lot call the police, take a look at where I live

He did have a tag but I have a slatted wooden bench in the garden. Twice my dog climbed on to the bench and got the tag caught in the slats. I thought it was so sweet with him sleeping on the bench. That is until I heard the pitiful whimpering. He was caught by the tag, so I took it off.
Some dogs are a danger to themselves with dangly tags!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I've also got the breed of my dogs on their tags as well as address, phone number and micro-chipped they say "kerry Blue terrier". This is in case I have to ring up police/dog warden as I don't want to have to go through the list of breeds my dogs are commonly reckoned to be such as Labradoodles, Scotties, Schnauzers, Poodles etc etc!
Wow at those.....
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
Where do you get an engraver from. The machines are really expensive. I would love to make my own .
Ebay. Or B&Q. Used to have a Dremel which was also good for nail grinding but some git nicked it from my shop.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ellard View Post
Mine all have Indigo Collar Tags. One of my springers was notorious for losing his tag and I had to replace it every couple of weeks got an Indigo tag and he has managed to kieep it now for over 3 years They are slightly more expensive but have a lifetime guarantee against wear and tear and breakage.

http://www.indigocollartags.com/
You can get the same thing off the US site (boomerang collar tags) and it works out much cheaper (as long as you only want one or you could end up paying import tax). I got my mums from the US site and it's exactly the same as Tobys indigo one.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I just hope your vets aren't like Pets at Home though.....

The elderly lady around the corner from me lost her Cairn terrier this summer. Someone found it and took it to our local "Pets at Home" branch and when she went to collect it they charged her £60 for them holding the dog for her that day! It was a Sunday so don't know if that made the difference? She is on a pension so not happy about having to pay this but I guess it may have made her make her garden secure and also get a dog tag for her dog!
Oh crap, my dogs vets is at Companion Care (P@H), luckily (i guess) it's about 8 miles away so i think people are more likely to take her to my local who are really friendly. We just go to P@H as it's so much cheaper
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »