View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Careful Dawn or these posts may get removed as well!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Careful Dawn or these posts may get removed as well!

rune
Oh dear, why would that worry me? Im happy for them to stay or be removed, what do I need to be careful about? Could it be the truth?
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
My faith in the kennel club abilities and influence has wained over the past ten years or so for various reasons so it is good to hear that they are giving funds to these important causes. A lot of the problems for various breeds, in my mind, are created because they become popular through winning at Crufts in the first place. Nice to see that the Kennel Club is perhaps redressing the balance??
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh dear, why would that worry me? Im happy for them to stay or be removed, what do I need to be careful about? Could it be the truth?
About luxating patella you mean?

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
About luxating patella you mean?

rune
Yes Lynn, if it makes you feel better.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
A lot of the problems for various breeds, in my mind, are created because they become popular through winning at Crufts in the first place. Nice to see that the Kennel Club is perhaps redressing the balance??
Not the case in our breed though, I think the best a husky has done at Crufts is to win the working group a few years ago.
Our problem is more to do with "Snow Dogs", "8 Below", "Iron Will" etc.
When we came into the breed almost 20 years ago, getting a Sibe puppy was very hard work. We visited shows, rallies, breeders for almost two years before we got our first pup. Nowadays, little Johnny sees "Snow Dogs" on TV, says to dad, "I want a snow dog!" - Dad gets on the internet, sources one from one of the puppy sales sites and picks it up the next day - no research, no knowledge no KC reg, no health tests and no preparation. 6 months to a year later - No dog! It's either been sold or gone into rescue.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
Not the case in our breed though, I think the best a husky has done at Crufts is to win the working group a few years ago.
When we came into the breed almost 20 years ago, getting a Sibe puppy was very hard work. We visited shows, rallies, breeders for almost two years before we got our first pup. Nowadays, little Johnny sees "Snow Dogs" on TV, says to dad, "I want a snow dog!" - Dad gets on the internet, sources one from one of the puppy sales sites and picks it up the next day - no research, no knowledge no KC reg, no health tests and no preparation. 6 months to a year later - No dog! It's either been sold or gone into rescue.
boy was it!!!! ... and now they are seen in petshops too which used to be unheard of
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
Yes happened years before with St Bernards after the spate of Beethoven movies. I have a friend who used to breed them said it was a nightmare, all byb were trying to get there hands on them selling the pups to home who couldnt cope amd rescue was swamped.
Didnt something similar happen as well with Dally's after the live version of 101.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
7 pages of bickering over nothing. Why do people have to disagree over something they all agree on? (ie. the kcct helping rescues)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
My faith in the kennel club abilities and influence has wained over the past ten years or so for various reasons so it is good to hear that they are giving funds to these important causes. A lot of the problems for various breeds, in my mind, are created because they become popular through winning at Crufts in the first place. Nice to see that the Kennel Club is perhaps redressing the balance??
They have been doing this for about 15yrs.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >