Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I've never dry cleaned curtains. Just fold them up & wash on a very cool quick wash. They always come out fine.
Yes, whatever you do, DON'T put curtain in a tumble drier. Even if the curtains don't shrink, the chances are the linings will Just hang them if poss and let them dry naturally.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He says he will be not wandering about here like he did there as it is not one of the safest places for foreigners to be wandering around.
Lynn he'll only be away a few day if it all happens and providing he stays in the hotel he should be as safe as houses ... of hotels

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am resigned to possibly never seeing my bed again till I am very much older than I am now
Oh bless you June This sleeping on the couch thing will all seem like a dream in a month or so. Once you've caught up with your sleep you'll be missing the chaos of the pups ...... or maybe not. I guess it was sensible of Sasha's new family to ask to delay her collection as they are out on Saturday ..... but why can't they collect her on Sunday Maybe they want to make sure they can have a 'sleepy' day on Sunday in case they have a late night. Oh boy, they won't know what's hit them once they have a pup in the house.

Malka - you've had a rough time recently, but you certainly hit the jack-pot today with the free induction hob.

Helena - it is really cold here now but still not raining. I'm not complaining though because compared to other parts of the country we've been so lucky to see the sun

Sally - I do wonder if all this dog sniffathon is to do with bitches being on heat. My two have been driving me mad for a few days (other than today) and I know that sideways stance only too well when you go to pull them away from something they are sniffing and they lean away and plant their legs at an angle that almost dislocates your shoulder.

My OH is out again for an hour or so which suits me fine as I can be on here without the sarcastic comments.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Sally - I haven't bothered with the Richard III programme as they announced the results on the news As my OH is out I plan to have a few trips on to the porch
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm watching it as I am a medieval history addict, one thing I miss about OH is that we used to go to battle re-enactments, jousting etc. not something you can go to on your own really as they are always miles and miles away.
I was a bit miffed it came out on the news today, but still very very interesting stuff.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Oh have I missed that Richard III thing? I didn't even know it was on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
It'll be on 4+1 if you switch on now
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Woop, got 100 words written up. Almost got the lessons sorted once the lassie that is helping at the weekend comes back to me anyway.

We have a bit of snow, but nothing spectacular. Wish it would just go for it properly.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Yes, whatever you do, DON'T put curtain in a tumble drier. Even if the curtains don't shrink, the chances are the linings will Just hang them if poss and let them dry naturally.
Ive not got a Tumble dryer now. If I do them in Summer (Whats that???) I hang them on the line. I think they put Dry Clean only on stuff just to cover themselves - just in case
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
*waves to Jenny who is probably also standing outside Hmmm, I wonder if you are right about the bitches thing?? Certainly Jimmi was appalling today - and you described the digging in stance perfectly! I have to confess to a moment of naughtinesss, because he was at full lean against the pull of the lead on his harness............and I released the brake! He got up and carried on sniffing tho

Richard III was a really good programme I thought, although the lady who started it all was a little scarey to be honest. Such a shame that the cat was let out of the bag on the news though, because it did spoil it somewhat.

I will add to the curtains thing...........NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo, never never tumble dry them

TW, I had to laugh about the one thing you miss about your husband!!!!! At least you could find something - !!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Ooooh no NOT a HUSBAND, had 2 of them thank you, this was a very Long Term Relationship, he lived in the South West and I lived in the North West. We split up over my taking Zillar back, I could no more have left that poor little girl than flown over the moon, but he couldn't understand I felt a responsibility for her and needed to find her a home, but first of all I obviously had to turn her round. I said to him well I'll put her in a bin liner shall I and throw her out on the motorway, or maybe the pound eh. He went really funny with me, and I walked away and he has never ever been in touch once, despite the fact I had clothes and all sorts there!!! He was interested in medieval warfare, and I am interested in the horses I suppose, but also in the way of life etc. we used to have great fun going to the re-enactments, the best being Tewkesbury in my opinion.
I enjoyed the Richard III thing, especially when they showed his rebuilt face, how fascinating to see it wasn't dissimilar to his portrait, that poor lady was gutted when she found out he did have a curvature of the spine wasn't she
All babies fed, have found a load of watery poo on the pads and am hoping it was because Sasha had her vax today, gave her half a canakur at teatime and just given her another half, pretty sure it is her as have been picking up firm poos most of the night. I suppose I will have something Not Very Pretty to clean up in the morning... as long as it is the vax I can live with that though. Anything else and I will run screaming down the road I swear.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6