Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Where in the Bible does it instruct they to continually visit people & try to sell their beliefs ???? BTW there is no need to shout.

I have never seen any reference to them visiting me in the Bible, well not in the orginal language version I have-ie Hebrew & Greek(& very poor Greek BTW)
It is part of their religion to spread the word, just because you don't understand the reasons behind it doesn't mean you should be so dismissive.

You seem unecessarily intolerant and hostile in your posts
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
You have proof that this"paradise"exists then ? Is it the same one the 9/11 bombers went to ?????

no...those people went to hell, obviously, duh!

How does anyone really know whether there is a heaven or a hell? and who or what decides who goes where? I personally believe that heaven and hell are both right here on earth and everyone visits both in their lifetime. Heaven and hell are places man has created for himself - not any god, devil or other being. As for an afterlife and if you are good you go to heaven and if bad you go to hell - I am very sceptical, but quite content to simply wait and see what happens when I die - it is not for us to know while we live - I do not believe it will be anything terrible like hell.
I am a great believer in people searching, experiencing and finding their own belief, philosphy, call it what you will. However we come to what we believe in it should not be imposed on us by others.
What is upsetting about the JW boy is that he was only a child and would not have had the experience or have been able to have a rounded, comprehensive opinion or belief - he was too young to know for himself. Some would say he was "brainwashed" into his beliefs (in exactly the same way that Islamic extremists are) - It is as if some religions give the belivers a sort of tunnel vision and they are unable to open themselves up to look around them seeking their own answers.
I think that the reason for JW's not being allowed to have blood transfusions originally stemmed from the belief that it was unclean and contaminating from a disease angle - did it then develop into something more than this - I don't know.
Very complicated.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
It is part of their religion to spread the word, just because you don't understand the reasons behind it doesn't mean you should be so dismissive.

You seem unecessarily intolerant and hostile in your posts
Well, they are not welcome at my door at any time and neither should they be allowed to go around peoples doors "spreading the word"! That's imposing their beliefs on people, not "spreading the word".
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Well, they are not welcome at my door at any time and neither should they be allowed to go around peoples doors "spreading the word"! That's imposing their beliefs on people, not "spreading the word".
Seriously, if you feel that strongly, tell them firmly you do not want them to call instead of sending your dogs out next time, or hiding as most people do. They keep a record of people who they know just DO NOT want to know, and when they meet before they go out on the ministry (as they call it, knocking on doors) they check the records, at least they used to 10 years or so ago, probably more so now.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I suppose I'm not truly a part of any religion, but I do have beliefs.

I'm not baptised as a Jehovah's witness, neither am I christened. My mother is baptised and she obviously didn't force me or my sister to be baptised, but i suppose we were 'brought up' in this religion, very well, so were considered Jehovah's witnesses by people around us, or 'not right in the head' by some others .

When I hit 18 I travelled and lived abroad for a while so lost touch with it all, I now have a career and have never felt the urge to get back involved with the religion, I feel religion actually has a lot to answer for as far as the problems in the world go. I do however, believe in a lot of the things they preach and follow certain beliefs of theirs, and will defend their beliefs to people who don't understand and try to opress others.
Yes, I really don't think JW's and the likes are right in the head. I find it a very disturbing religion and clearly unsafe. I really don't need to be stopped in the street or have them come to my door either. Give them a inch and they take a mile!

I will never understand religions such as this one, no matter how people try to persuade me otherwise.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
A parent cannot deny a young child or baby life saving treatment even if this is blood products blood products- the state intervenes.
So I am interested in these 5 babies Joedee knows of that were allowed to die?!?!
They died in the 1960s before the law allowed the doctors to intervene(& before you were born). They needed transfusions because they had Rh disease & back then such babies had to have immediate post natal transfusions, the parents decided to have more babies(to"go forth & multiple"as directed in the Bible)knowing the high risk that the babies would die if not treated after birth & at that time there was no law to protect the children. Even now JW mothers will not have the treatment that will prevent their babies developing Rh disease as the treatment involves a vaccine that is derived from blood from donors !
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Seriously, if you feel that strongly, tell them firmly you do not want them to call instead of sending your dogs out next time, or hiding as most people do. They keep a record of people who they know just DO NOT want to know, and when they meet before they go out on the ministry (as they call it, knocking on doors) they check the records, at least they used to 10 years or so ago, probably more so now.
I don't send the dogs out anywhere, they answer the door with me. I'm certainly not hiding in my own home from them. We answer the door to tell them where to go.

Twice in the past two months or so they have come to the door and been told we are not interested, they still talk even when the door is being closed! I also met them whilst out with the dogs one night - two very persistant young guys who really didn't take no for an answer until after I told them about four times I really don't want to know and that was while I was walking down the street!

Let's hope they have added our house to their records of people who are not interested!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:52 PM
They died in the 1960s before the law allowed the doctors to intervene(& before you were born). They needed transfusions because they had Rh disease & back then such babies had to have immediate post natal transfusions, the parents decided to have more babies(to"go forth & multiple"as directed in the Bible)knowing the high risk that the babies would die if not treated after birth & at that time there was no law to protect the children. Even now JW mothers will not have the treatment that will prevent their babies developing Rh disease as the treatment involves a vaccine that is derived from blood from donors !
I've just been speaking to my gran about this and she has told me almost exactly the same thing!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't hide & they are well aware that they are not welcome here & they just ignore anything I say or do & keep returning. however we do in this village have a JW alert system & I simply lock my gates before they get the chance to get through them. I even have a sign on the gates regarding cold callers ! I don't send my dogs out I take them with me !
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Too true-when I had GSDs they legged it down the drive before I even got to the outer porch door !! Obviously they didn't believe strongly enough that their God would protect them from my nasty dogs !!
I don't send my dogs out I take them with me !

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I don't send the dogs out anywhere, they answer the door with me. I'm certainly not hiding in my own home from them. We answer the door to tell them where to go.
Sorry Westie, it was Joedee who sends her dogs out...

(Whoooooooop! I learnt to multi-quote!)
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »