View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Well I arrived here on recommendation, and I haven't been disappointed. It's a pretty easy going site, or so I have found to date.

I have seen a couple of incidents where things could of escalated and got out of control, which have been eradicated.

There are enough hassles and grief in life without visiting a "forum" and experiencing grief. I come on here for entertainment and to gain knowledge, for company and possible future friendship.

I have visited another breed specific site, but prefer this one.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Another thing to consider is that some day, in the future, Dogweb may turn its collective paws to some sort of "political" campaigning (I don't mean the "traditional" political campaigning, as in "which party", but campaigning as in attempting to affect animal legislation). In order to do that effectively, it must be seen as a cohesive body of dog-lovers who can discuss an objective, decide what it's going to be and put forward a reasoned, simple point of view. If DW were to become a hotbed of bickering and ill-tempered strife, it would have no credibility and everybody on it would be ignored by whoever we were trying to influence. Why on Earth would (e.g.) the Government, or the RCVS or RSPCA pay any attention to a group of people who can't even keep their own peace?

I don't know exactly what Admin has planned in this respect, but if this board gets like some of the others, where fighting and arguing rule, there will be nothing for him to work with - m,embership will drop and DW's credibility will be nil.

So, my fellow poochy-people, bear the possible future in mind, as well as the "heat of the moment"! Good-natured bantering is one thing (in fact, it could be advantageous, as it makes us look like real people, rather than a collection of cyber-twits), but flaming will make us look like riotous nutters who can be easily ridiculed. Disagreements are inevitable, but the ability to discuss them reasonably and resolve them makes us look like mature, sensible folks who ought to be heard.

Over to you, Admin!

Snorri
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by jakey
We are english, polite and proud!!!
Errrrrrr, just a minor point, we're not ALL English Some of us are Scottish, and equally proud of the difference! Also, there seem to be quite a few who are Welsh, and equally proud of it!

Snorri
(From so far North of the Border that I'm out of sight!)
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4