View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Sorry the news wasn't good griff. We do have heating but no hot water. 12 days today.
Gorden has found the blockage by removing the joint between the pipes in the loft he has now got to cut the pipe where the blockage is due to it not moving for heaven or earth. Not sure we could do that Moyra and dynorod will cost a fortune on a Saturday and our funds won't allow for that now.
Still no boiler man either the job he went to this morning was more complicated than he thought and he will turn up eventually or he will be another one who says one thing and means another but I didn't get that feeling about him but then on the other hand nothing would surprise me any more.
I did think he would call as he has our number.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Oh Lynn, i really hope he either turns up or lets you know what is happening soon...very bad customer service
Twix, i am sure you sponge pud was lovely
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Oh no ones got good news really then yeah I thought the boiler man would have rung you Lynn, how do you feel about ringing him, or are you on the ragged edge now. Griff I'm sorry the news at the hospital was so rotten as well, my doctors don't seem to notice I can't hear, so no one does anything about it, just get on with it now. i need people with placards, sort of like human teletext Had some nice piccie of Tala and Tanika through just now. They've got snow there she says, same area as Lynn and Elaine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Ragged edge here yes June fed up of chasing people will see if he calls later or tomorrow to come Monday if he doesn't not sure what I will do listen for the screams.
It snowed here earlier but didn't settle its too wet.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2015, 04:06 PM
You be careful that it isn't slipry. a new way of spelling slippery. tablet does its own thing.lol.I love watching the rear end of the lab in downton.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Two new white fillings,£100.That'll teach him to look after the Teefers Done,thank goodness Had lunch out also,was lovely Too cold to be dandering about though so we came home and put the heat on Speaking if which,LYNN 12 days OMG So wish I lived closer,you could stay with me.(( hugs))
Leah,friend and other friend/bf have taken Lacey out,she'll love that.Got the hall and stairs all cleaned,dust was everywhere from the tiling OH has popped out to see his mum and dad,be back with a pan if homemade soup
GRIFF hope you're ok xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2015, 05:15 PM
No hot water or boiler man but we do have a flushing toilet. But it isn't working properly Gorden has just told me so he feels he has moved the blockage not removed it.
Back to square one then shouldn't of got excited
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh dear Lynn lets hope repeated flushings will eventually move it! I wonder if the problem is at the far end? Where's the outlet? Is that blocked at all?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ragged edge here yes June fed up of chasing people will see if he calls later or tomorrow to come Monday if he doesn't not sure what I will do listen for the screams.
It snowed here earlier but didn't settle its too wet.
Lynn you do seem to be in a 'black hole' where you are, mind you it's not for nothing that plumbers in this country have a reputation for not turning up or charging astronomical fees.

Just got the bill for our service yesterday and miracle of miracles it was reasonable so I've whacked off a cheque PDQ 'cos I don't want any probs in the future with these people.

Was snowing quite heavily when I took Rianna out this afternoon but has eased off now.

I do hope you get these probs sorted soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2015, 05:43 PM
No its not the outlet pipe Moyra. Its working again now.
Gorden is going to plumb the bath and sink in not that we can use those for now no boiler man turned up and no phone call either and tomorrow he will get back in the loft as that is where he first thought the blockage was he thinks it may of moved.
I will flush the toilet and he will put a screwdriver against the pipes and listen for the difference in sound to try to locate the blockage if there is one.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »