View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:26 AM
My lot looooove fish. They currently are working their way though a big bag of sardines (reduced to 50p...gotta love Iceland!)

But, I have to say I have never had to hide worming pills in anything. Mine get stupidly excited and treat them as food (Nom nom gone!)

(tho I appreciate, with dogs requiring regular drugs that might not work... actually, with my dustbins it would be heaven!)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I give Pereg fish for variety and because she likes it, but I think I will give up on the tuna as I hate the smell of tuna burps! Tinned tuna is very much a staple here but I really do not like it. I had bought some of the tuna in olive oil as it was the first time I had seen it - usually it is in the ubiquitous "vegetable" ie soy oil.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I (me) like tuna mixed with mayo & chopped onion in a sandwich - yummy.....

Ours love tuna, pilchards, sardines etc. Lidls sell their own versions very reasonably

Tescos sell big tins of pink salmon at just over £1 each. The dogs adore it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I (me) like tuna mixed with mayo & chopped onion in a sandwich - yummy.....

Ours love tuna, pilchards, sardines etc. Lidls sell their own versions very reasonably

Tescos sell big tins of pink salmon at just over £1 each. The dogs adore it
Eeeeeeeek - the last time I bought pink salmon [and stocked up because I knew I would not be going there again for ages] it cost me ~£1.95 for a 230g [170g net weight] tin of pink salmon in natural juices. Eeeeeeek.

It is my special treat........
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Eeeeeeeek - the last time I bought pink salmon [and stocked up because I knew I would not be going there again for ages] it cost me ~£1.95 for a 230g [170g net weight] tin of pink salmon in natural juices. Eeeeeeek.

It is my special treat........
Oops - sorry.....

All this talk of fishies, guess what ours got with their brekker this morning - sardine each in tomato sauce
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I used to feed my dogs sardines everyday. the only thing I would said is, their rear ends dont half let off a smell after eating them!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
I used to feed my dogs sardines everyday. the only thing I would said is, their rear ends dont half let off a smell after eating them!
Never noticed that! Then again one sardine each once a day is like a peanut to an elephant with a Boxer
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Never noticed that! Then again one sardine each once a day is like a peanut to an elephant with a Boxer
Its the Giant dog (AB) that smells really terrible after sardines but I think its more to do with mixing his main food with the sardines. But since stopping giving him sardines its not as bad. I didnt stop them though because of the smelly trumps!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 05:52 PM
That's cos you are trained & know how to do it properly & don't feel guilt afterwards nor do you get covered in copious Boxer slobber
oh yes lots of bm slobber its so disgusting, but ild rather that than worms. Must say she trys to make me feel guilty and puts on a very sorry performance but it doesnt work with me
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4