Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Mine don't wear anything at the moment. I've got a couple of glow collars which I originally used for Kip and Hoki. But Kip's rough was too thick and I couldn't see the light that well and Hoki doesn't really need one because you can still see her quite well even on the darkest walks.

But after a couple of collisions between Tip and the other two on dark walks this week, I think he's going to have to start wearing one of the collars so I can check where he is before throwing the ball for the others.

I don't like flashing things on my dogs as I'm sure they must be able to see the flashing, particularly when it is really dark and I'm sure it must be off putting at best.
thats a good point, didnt think of that... jakes generally really good at staying close, and if i cant see him i can usually hear him crashing about
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
The clip on lights have arrived, them seem really good but the test will be on a night time walk. They are tiny but powerful, my fear is they get 'lost' in all that fur!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I am lucky I can manage most of the time to get Ollie walked before dark. There was a brief time when I couldn't and I bought one of those flashing tags for him, it was useless as he has such a lot of coat it got lost.

If I had too again the hi viz coats sound good he is use to a harness so wouldn't mind.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
The clip on lights have arrived, them seem really good but the test will be on a night time walk. They are tiny but powerful, my fear is they get 'lost' in all that fur!!!!

We have them and think they are great, 2 of my dogs love a midnight run in the field, her majesty Kiesha is not a fan of the dark.
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I've had flashing tags before and thought they were rubbish. It was hard to see my dog if they were facing away from me in the distance and they also broke fairly easily. I prefer the flashing collars - my dogs don't seem to notice when they have it on and carry on as normal.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
My boys have hi-viz jackets to wear... very lightweight

We tried the collar lights but they kept trying to eat each others collars when they flashed
Beverly Stayart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I always walk my dogs on a leash. I don't often walk them in the dark, but when I do I use a high-powered flashlight.
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I don't let Jess off in the dark, so she just wears what she wears normally
I'm the same never let her off in the dark. A few years ago we meet someone walking their dog which was wearing a flashing collar, the collar frightened Amber to death she did not know which way to run.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
My boys have hi-viz jackets to wear... very lightweight

We tried the collar lights but they kept trying to eat each others collars when they flashed
PMSL
Simira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
I'm the same never let her off in the dark. A few years ago we meet someone walking their dog which was wearing a flashing collar, the collar frightened Amber to death she did not know which way to run.
Nonetheless, you should have lights on her! I hate it in the dark when it suddenly appears that "the person over there" has a dog on a lead that I didn't see. Especially if I'm on a bike but also by car or out with my own dog.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >