View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
June, I am so very sorry for the worry you are having over the pups, especially Sasha It is so frightening how quickly thee little ones can become ill. What an evil virus it sounds but hopefully she is getting the best possible care.

Everything crossed that she and the rest of the babies will be OK (((((Hugs)))) to you too who must be feeling shattered.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Tangutica - how wonderful to look out over a lake and see flamingoes - very jealous here Lots of people here in the UK have had some sun, but not here
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
OMG June. So sorry to hear about Sasha today. I hope she pulls through ok. ((((Hugs)))) for you & her & the other three.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Praying for little Sasha June. And for all of them. And for you. Sending (((hugs))) and {{{vibes}}} and lots and lots of love. xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Have to wait and see how it all goes now, other babies are OK and out with the girlies, Eldest Son just taken me for bones and shopping as the weather is foul and I can't cope with driving feeling like this
Just putting fresh vetbed in the crate and fresh paper and puppy pads down and they will come in.
How on earth do puppies in puppy farms go on, I am on top of it with cleanliness, feeding, worming and general husbandry and I still get this
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Dunno June - remember so well one of my first pups having a major reaction to the worming stuff - do not remember what it was but by weight he had all of 1.5ml and I had to give him drops of brandy to get him round. But they were tinies and it was a long time ago so different stuff used then.

Praying for Sasha and for you. xxx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Tw
Thoughts are with you and sasha hope she turns the corner soon
Your dog and puppy hygiene husbandry has been second to none you couldn't have done more your pics prove this
I'm sure your thinking why why
What I'm really trying to say is I'm praying thing turn out well
Love and hugs to you and the babies
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Morning everyone.......this is a first for me coming on here in the morning, but I was hoping for some news on Sasha; nothing yet then

Still thinking of you TW.

Have to dash, will catch up this evening on everyone else's news.
Afternoon Sally see you later.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You might all feel a little better to know that it has been raining every day for the past few days here in Cyprus and it's damm cold too - 2 or 3 degs with lots of snow up in Troodos!

Helena - can you get hold of a Tide Table for your area?
I found one invaluable when I lived right near the beaches in Cornwall and took the dog down most days.

(Don't really get tides here - but then dogs aren't allowed on the beaches anyway!)

I'm not having a spectacular start to my year, having spent the summer in the UK in the worst summer weather ever - but all my irritations are administrative type ones at the mo. And telly keeps going on the blink mysteriously (why can't it do that in summer when I don't want it?)

Oh and am more or less marooned in my block as the municipality has started a 2-3 yr improvement programme and closed down just about every road I can use to get out of here. Ended up going half way to Limassol yesterday when I really only wanted to go to M&S just in town here!

Malka - Cyprus has had plenty of rain the last couple of years - water rationing now a thing of the past. However, you will understand that, in an area where people use septic tanks and where it hardly ever rains, you get big problems when it does rain much more than it is expected to with the ground not able to soak up all the smelly stuff etc.

On the plus side there are record high numbers of beautiful flamingos on the lake.
Afternoon Pat. That sounds a pain being marooned and the tele on the blink.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Tried to get on before but the laptop froze and in the end I switched it off and then it wanted to configure itself, so I thought well go configure then and went off to get myself sorted as you can imagine I've had a right morning on the phone etc.
Soooo update on Sasha, she is awake and wagging her tail and better in herself, however she hasn't given them a faecal sample, I think because she doesn't actually have any to give them, so they are doing bloods to find out what is going on as her gums are still pale, high temp, but not too high, and still a fast heartbeat. Bill now at £250 I have been incredibly lucky with babies until now, I have had a time and a half with these 4, but prior to that I have, in total, bred 27 Utonagan puppies and some dobies many years ago, please a couple of horses, so the run had to end didn't it??? I am just wanting them to come out of this all in one piece, have been trying not to use my credit card, but I am probably going to have to, I do have some 'rainy day' savings, is this a rainy day?? It is certainly wet outside Like you Helena, house is paid for, bills not up to date, but only the electric to give me a lot of worry, and am just sending them £50 when I can, thank God for the open fire and free wood!!! Freezer has got stuff in it, lots of dog stuff, but also stuff from the Asda casualty department when I see it. I will get there, have been there too many times in the past and know you just have to keep moving forward and pay what you can when you can.
Babies here are fine this morning, there were 2 solid poo's waiting for me, phew!!! Ash went and did a soft one then, but he does seem OK in himself. They didn't want the tuna I left them last night, didn't eat the handful of tripe that I gave them each this morning, I had taken 3 very meaty long beef bones out of the freezer last night to give the girls, so gave them to the babies, and they tucked into them squealing with delight, I am at the stage where I don't care what they eat as long as they eat. Have been out there doing the yard with Jeyes. I too am worried about this anaemia because it could point to other things now, been talking to our Breed Registrar this morning about it, and she said the same to me, sounds daft but we are both hoping it is a virus and isn't something very serious.
So that's all up to now, am absolutely shattered, was lying awake off and on, and didn't get my morning woo's which rattled me somewhat, came down in the end at 8am and they immediately broke into chorus for me, which really gladdened my heart, it may be bloody inconvenient at silly o'clock in the morning, but when stuff like this is going on it is a reassuring sound!!!
Malka, your sewage problem sounds dreadful, how is it going to be resolved, not something you can do by yourself even if you were fit.
Afternoon June sorry to hear you are still having worries over the babies especially Sasha.
Fingers crossed the transfusion isn't needed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2013, 04:09 PM
He did say her vital signs are good it is just this anaemia that is worrying, at the same time he did say he thinks it was a viral infection, although without a faecal sample he can't be 100%, so thank goodness that rules out anything really ominous which is where my mind was going.
Can't thank you all enough for the lovely kind thoughts I am getting from you all. From the flavour of what he said a transfusion is really out of the question due to her having to be referred and then transferred, she probably wouldn't survive it if it got to that point, and I have to think about unnecessary suffering and not prolonging it, although I am sobbing my heart out here at the thought of maybe that decision having to be made
The fact that she is up and about and wagging her tail is positive, as is the fact that she is no worse than she was. Have inspected all babies gums by the way, and yes Che and Keshi's gums are paler than Ash's, so that does indicate they have whatever it is Sasha has but have gone through it and are now coming through the other side. They don't seem that bothered with food as such, have given them a bone each and they are taking the meat off them, although Che is trying to bury his in the laminate, which isn't working and he can't understand why and is walking round the problem taking stock

COME HOME SOON SASHA

moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I have everything crossed for Sasha, lets hope she can fight this off and come home soon.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »