Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all, magic bottle is here and I have already had a vast glass of Merlot from it

Sal, it sounds as if your OH might be needing your nursing skills when he gets back from hospital so he had better behave himself hadn't he He was very silly not to go today, because he might just have made things a whole lot worse.

H old bean, I do sympathise with you over Dave....I had this once with his lordship, and found it incredibly tiring and wearing having to constantly buoy him up whilst he went over and over the same things continually. When these men are down, you absolutely know that the worst thing possible would be to become low yourself, at least when they are around, but it does become very difficult indeed after a while. You cruel cruel heartless mum tho Fancy forgetting to feed the gorgeous Zena - I could never get away with that with Jimmi He starts begging for his dinner an hour before it is due! As for breakfast, I find it hard to make my way to his bowl for his ridiculous excitement!

Last night, once again, saw a whine-free dog at bedtime. It really does seem that the freezer next to him was the problem.

We had to pick a walk today that avoided any pavements with salt on them because of his paws, which is easily managed but of course then one is slipping and sliding on icy surfaces. Jimmi was fine with his natural mini crampons, but I nearly went flying on a number of occasions......thank goodness he didn't spot a cat!

Jennie, your son is an absolute star

Really really cold now.
Evening old bean *slurp, slurp* (no, of the wine old bean I'm not eating soup lol!) I really do need that magic bottle tonight, just spoken to Dave....... They can't seem to fix the cars with major problems when Dave isn't there, even though he's left them with plenty of work, so it would seem the only answer is for him to do more hours.

The woman with the flat/room to rent is giving him the 3rd degree via e-mail, which I suppose you can understand, but I answered her last night, and I asked her which ad was hers because we replied to 3 of them, cos Dave has decided he is only interested in the "flat" not a room with a bathroom, but the flat, and she has come back with an "perhaps it might be better if we chat on the phone" Dave can't be a*sed in his current state of mind, so I've taken over now and given her my number, so she can deal with me (is that a wise idea???? might put her off entirely!!! ) and I am going to ask her if her ad is the one for a flat and not a room with a bathroom. Jeese, you would have thought she'd want the money wouldn't you, and the way I defined him in last night's e-mail, you would have thought she'd wanna bladdy marry him let alone rent him a room lol!

Yes, it gets me down, I try and try to make suggestions, but they all get thrown back in my face with the doom and gloom attitude and the reasons for NOT doing such and such, but as they say old bean, don't let the beggers get yer down and I won't!

I'm starving now and I bet she rings me just when I've fixed myself something to eat (diet food of course ). I shall weigh myself before I prepare something and if it's still the same, then I shall make myself a gourmet feast, but if it's gone down, if only by lb I shall have a bowl of soup, lufferly

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Great minds - merlot here too.

Steve's eye is improving - yay!

Sorry to hear of your troubles Sal. I hope he gets it sorted quickly.
Evening Linda, glad to hear the eye is improving, now you'll get a bit of peace, unlike Sal!

*pours Linda another large glass of Merlot*
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Drop of Merlot here too
A balmy 3.3c here
The laptop is still playing up so I'm switching off now. If it will switch on in the morning I will see you then.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Ooh thanks Helen.

What does this woman want from him? Does she want to meet him first? Maybe not a great idea at the moment if Dave is fed up. He must feel very frustrated if his staff can't even sort the cars. Are they experienced?

I am sorry Helen; if he has to do more hours, that's more time apart from you two. It must be very hard for you because when he does come back, you get to hear all the problems and then he's off again.

Hugs.
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Drop of Merlot here too
A balmy 3.3c here
The laptop is still playing up so I'm switching off now. If it will switch on in the morning I will see you then.
That's pretty warm Jen, you have 3.3 degrees, we're below freezing here, so the west really does have it's bonus points then. You're in for a huge dump of snow come Friday, so better get stocked up for Sunday lunch Jen

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Ooh thanks Helen.

What does this woman want from him? Does she want to meet him first? Maybe not a great idea at the moment if Dave is fed up. He must feel very frustrated if his staff can't even sort the cars. Are they experienced?

I am sorry Helen; if he has to do more hours, that's more time apart from you two. It must be very hard for you because when he does come back, you get to hear all the problems and then he's off again.

Hugs.
x
Lol Linda, yes, they're fully skilled, they even do the MOT's, been qualified for donkeys years, but Dave says even though all 3 of them have all those years of experience, things on cars are getting so high tech it's hard to diagnose nowadays, even though he has every single piece of diagnostic computer equipment there is, he's lacking that magic wand, although he said he did actually have one of those somewhere!

I know, at least I had 4 days to lift him back off the floor, but soon I'll be having even less, which doesn't bode well for poor old me does it! Thank goodness I have Zena, cos we can act like a couple of kids when he's away, and then go back to a more serious mood when he's back, which actually keeps me sane having Zena, especially as she's totally nuts

No phone call, so it'll probably be tomorrow that she rings me now, although the phone did go of course, just as I was fixing something to eat as per usual, but it was a friend, so I soon chopped her off lol! What is happening to me here

Is June asleep then??? I wonder why!!!!! No doubt Sally will give her a gentle poke when she comes back in, cos she's like that is Sally
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Poor June is probably knocking back the zeds in her chair while the pups create havoc around her. She'll need that magic bottle when she wakes up!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Watching Holby City......playing with Sasha, throwing a towel over her head and playing tuggy, she loves that, what a turnround from this time last week. Although she has now done a cow pat, in her normal place, so at least I didn't step in it this time!!!! Babies, meanwhile are doing more or less solid poo's but they are cement coloured, mind you they had tuna for tea...who knows
Sasha now pulling my socks off
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:55 PM
It's been a crap start to the year for quite a few of us, I hope things turn around soon.

How lovely to hear about Sasha playing silly games, puppies are such fun (most of the time).

I hope things get sorted soon for Dave, cars are a nightmare these days, used to be so much easier, not much fun for him. Bless Zena for raising your spirits, they can be good at that.

The magic bottle had a spot of bourbon so I nabbed it.

Things are looking up, the care home have decided that my cousin can go back to them, he is torn as to what he wants, fingers crossed we can iron out any problems. I am feeling a bit more positive now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2013, 09:05 PM
You would think by the time Dave's got to the stage of owning his own business with fully qualified staff who know their stuff, that life would have been ever so slightly better, and he could afford to take 'me' time, instead life is getting incredibly hard for him.
I really hope he can get things back on an even keel, and you manage to keep him going Helena
Great news about the care home, I think the best thing is to do it as a fait accompli, and act as though there was never any question of him going back to his old place
Sasha now in the wood box....crashing and banging coming from the kitchen....it's like a madhouse.
She is now skipping across the floor and leaping enthusiastically at my feet, which I have moved onto the couch away from those needle teeth.
I think they are 10 weeks old tonight, Keshi was born just before Holby City came on, and then they all trooped out, very slowly of course, perish the thought I should get an early night.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Just popping back in, have been chatting on Skype!! Why is that when you are bored nobody contacts you, but when there is a heap of good stuff on tv and you want to get on with research or something, the little yellow lights flash all night long

Gosh, is it only ten weeks since our pups were born?? They seem to have been around for much longer somehow.

Good to hear that there is some positive news Moetmum - you need it.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 10:53 PM
That's my EMA done, dusted, getting posted in the morning. Fingers crossed...
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >