Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not sure. I would read it as meaning.
The name and address of the institution. The date and the qualification you took and the subject of that qualification.
Not sure if that is right though.
That's what i thought, but then does that mean i have to do write my high school and the address 14 times for my GCSES. rawr why can't these things be obvious!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
That's what i thought, but then does that mean i have to do write my high school and the address 14 times for my GCSES. rawr why can't these things be obvious!
Gorden gets really frustrated and would probably know but the isn't here at the moment if you can wait I can ask him later this afternoon when he gets in.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Write the name and address of the school once, GCSE once, then fill in the subjects and grades on separate lines but not repeating the name and address of the school. Then fill in the next institution and the qualifications you got there. That's what I used to do
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Thank you Brierley! That sounds good to me!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Lynn it's a nightmare isn't it?! I've already got the job, they have my CV, why do i need to do this again?! haha
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi again everyone, and sorry, can't stop to read and answer (I did that bit yesterday lol) cos I've had a busy morning, lots of visitors and now I'm starving and want my lunch and a nanny nap cos Dave says he's coming home earlier than usual tonight.

Had a lovely visit from Harvey, Zena adored him, but was more interested in the bag he was carrying cos she knew it had something smelly and interesting in there and she was right (she's so smart my dog!), out came a tripe stick for her.

She spent the next 2 hours to'ing and fro'ing with it, burying it, and then when she saw us coming outside and realised we knew where she was hiding it, she promptly dug it up again and brought it back indoors and stuck it under Dave's pillow for safe keeping

We had a lovely chat, and a nice cuppa, and those home made big cookies I got from the bakery dept this morning were so yummy, we had 2 each Zena sat and dribbled cos they were oat and raisin so we couldn't give her any, so she went off to find her tripe stick, but couldn't quite remember where she'd buried it the last time. Just as he was going she decided to eat it out in the garden, just in case he might want to give her another one, so he did, I did him a swapsie of 2 tripe sticks for 2 fish sticks, so he went away happy, but smelling much worse than when he arrived, cos those fish sticks are pretty rife

It was lovely to put a face to a name at last, and I've sent him on his way to Folkestone to catch his train or boat or whatever, can't remember which now. How he drives his darn, great big motorhome van thingy around I don't know, it's huuuuge, but it went on the driveway and I had to move my car up when he left so that he cold reverse into the sliproad without taking half my little sandstone wall down. All he hit was the neighbour's bins and they're plastic so don't matter

Turning quite cold now along with dull, such a change from my glorious sunshine I've been enjoying over the past few days.

Off to read e-mails now, so I'll catch you all later and catch up a bit when I've had lunch and a nanny nap before Dave gets home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Update on mum Paul has been to visit and let Michael know about his visit and Michael has rung me.
Not sounding good. She is eating and drinking. They have run some more tests not sure if they are x-rays or scans and awaiting results. No talk of discharging her and Paul got the impression they don't think she will be with us much longer.
Michael told me today when she was in resuscitation Sunday after being re-admitted they asked if they should resuscitate if needed he said no. We all agree the experience would be too traumatic and her quality of life is not good so let her go with dignity.
I have not told Gill the full story as she is really under the weather today. I will have to make my decision when to tell her.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Write the name and address of the school once, GCSE once, then fill in the subjects and grades on separate lines but not repeating the name and address of the school. Then fill in the next institution and the qualifications you got there. That's what I used to do
I would say exactly the same as Brierly said here.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Lynn, I so agree with your re your mum. When it was all going on with my mum at the end I said to them I didn't see how it was going to benefit her to be kept alive for her to go downhill a couple of weeks later and so on ad infinitum, and they agreed with me, but you can tell they were hoping I'd say that, obviously I know people wouldn't agree with that stance and think that she should have been kept going, but I'm not one of them.
Great fantastic news about Gordon, if he is seeing the Head then to me it sounds like Gordon is someone they want the Head to see, there could be more than one obviously, maybe it is a sort of short list thing. I know from interviewing myself (in another life many years ago) that you could interview all morning and there were always a couple that stood out to you that you wanted to see again, the rest faded into the wallpaper and you couldn't have recognised them again.
Ooooh I hope that champers goes on ice very soon now
Finished walks, and yard, having a sit down and eating croissants with cheese in, with a cup of tea, I have to set off again at quarter to 4 because after that the buses are not wonderful. I'm jiggered and my backs hurting, that next bus I will catch goes here there and everywhere so I will have a rest then.
Malka, my butcher sells fruit and veg and hanging baskets (he had some massive ones in last year but not seen them as yet this year), pot plants etc. He only used to sell meat, but I think those days are gone, for the present anyway.
He is a worker so I try to give him my custom when I can. I can't afford to buy meat anymore obviously, but I get all my pet mince from him and recommend him to everyone else. I feel quite guilty going to the chicken wholesalers in Bolton but can't beat chicken wings for 50p a kg and massive chicken breasts for £3.85 kg can you???
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Just popping in to say Lynn, sorry about your mum but you are quite right with your decision and also to say that this business with Gordon does sound very positive. I will keep fingers and everything else crossed in the hope that it is his for the asking.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »