Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
sorry to go on...when, in your opinions does gambling turn from a bit of fun into a problem?
It turns into a problem when they gamble outside what they can afford and when they have to lie about it,

I get the feeling from reading this you still very much love him, so there is some hope there, but I think you need to take some steps to cover the money side of things,

could he not give you a set amount when his wages come in, leaving him an agreed amount for himself? the worrie I guess would be would he get into debt if his cash was limited?

hugs hun x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
ive done that before-i took control of his bank cards-he hated it but it worked and the last 6 months or so have been ok, gradually my trust in him has been building. the thing that bothers me the most is he doesnt NEED to lie, at the moment we are financially comfortable so when he does overspend it isnt that great a big a deal but its the fact he lies about it.

he used to be addicted in a big way to fruit machines- i got him out of that and now he like to put 1 accumalator bet on the football every week, it started as a fiver but now at times (not every week to my knowledge) he puts 3 or 4 5pound bets on-he doesnt lie about it just doesnt tell me unless i look.
we'll see what he has to say anyway-he gets in from work in a min
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
so if you dont hear from me its because ive done a tracey barlow lol jk
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3