Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
They are now saying that caffeine actually affects your hormones and will give you more of the usual PMS symptoms - so I guess its all connected....

I am not saying it will work for everyone but I didnt want to give up coffee - i love it - but after a couple of weeks of giving it up (which was hell - headaches) I saw the biggest improvement on my skin ever, and I had tried nearly everything else, creams etc.

Caffeine also absorbs a lot of calcium and takes it away from your body - leading to osteoperosis (sp!)

It stays in your body for 12 hours so in a lot of cases your body is never without it (a drug).
It will affect your sleep for 12 hours after consuming it and you will never go into a deep sleep, leading you into a vicious circle of being tired cos you drink coffee but needing it to wake you up!!!

I know it sounds like i am preaching but if you read up on it some of the things it can cause are worrying, infertility, miscarriages, heart problems, high blood pressure.......

ETA ....If your body doesnt get a deep sleep it cant repair bad skin...
Have to admit, I know caffine isn't good for you and I have noticed a small difference by trying to limit my intake but didn't realise how bad it really is ..... interesting post honeysmummy ~ thank you
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Just an update!

Seen the dermatologist this morning, and she prescribed Tetralysal (300). I've to take one once a day, for three months, then I've to go back to see her in three months.

Same as you, Shiba!

I mentioned that my skin was now a bit oily at times, and she said Differin is great for drying up the skin. So she has prescribed me that as well. Tried that years ago for the spots and it didn't help with them, but I'm hoping it'll help greasiness (is that a word?!) of the skin!

So, fingers crossed it keeps the pests at bay!
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 06:07 PM
A good topical tonic is a 50/50 mix of witch hazel and orange flower water. Mosts chemists will make this up for you. Just tell them its for your skin and you dont intend to take it! Cant remember who told me to use it but in my youth I used it daily and never had a spot or greasy skin. In fact I might get some myself as have not used it for years. You never know it may improve my 44 year old complexion!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
A good topical tonic is a 50/50 mix of witch hazel and orange flower water. Mosts chemists will make this up for you. Just tell them its for your skin and you dont intend to take it! Cant remember who told me to use it but in my youth I used it daily and never had a spot or greasy skin. In fact I might get some myself as have not used it for years. You never know it may improve my 44 year old complexion!
Oh, that sounds like quite an interesting idea! Thanks for the tip, I might just go in and ask them!

I take it you wash your face with it? Or do you just apply it on with cotton wool and let it dry?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3