View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:38 PM
We bought from SCS ready for last christmas. the armchair and two seater were great and we had them in time for the holiday's but because the three seater couldn't get in the house (not door size but room lay out) we had to wait until the new year, it was worth the wait SCS were great they sent a guy out to built the sofa in our lounge and show O/H how to take apart "if" we ever moved. the sofa is massive and VERY comfy O/H is over 6' and can lay flat out and sleep on it (more comfy than the dog house he...he). the whole lot came to just over 3k and came with a five year repair package.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 06:03 PM
my hubby knows a man who makes sofas for a living - so he is making us 2 leather sofas to our specific requirements for half ther price he would charge to the stores.

we got to choose our own leather etc and they are due to come to us next week !! cant wait to see them !!!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I,m jelous!!! Having one made to order and cheaper too must be sooo lovely, you know its just what you want and you can trust the strength etc too, hope its really nice for you.

We are even more confused now as found out some from China ok but not if firrm buys in huge numbers from that Chinese firm and so on, oh eck wish it was not so expensive to have our old one reupholstered, its cheaper to buy a whole new one nowadays, silly eh.

Anyway will keep on looking thanks for all your help and replies really useful to usxx
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2007, 10:28 PM
We bought ours from Sofa Workshop but sadly think they were bought out by MFI who really do over price their goods.

They are great sofas though, but that depends now on what MFI do with them.

Good luck to you.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by cocker mum View Post
We bought from SCS ready for last christmas. the armchair and two seater were great and we had them in time for the holiday's but because the three seater couldn't get in the house (not door size but room lay out) we had to wait until the new year, it was worth the wait SCS were great they sent a guy out to built the sofa in our lounge and show O/H how to take apart "if" we ever moved. the sofa is massive and VERY comfy O/H is over 6' and can lay flat out and sleep on it (more comfy than the dog house he...he). the whole lot came to just over 3k and came with a five year repair package.
Sounds like ours - I'm over 6' as well and must admit every time the dog kicks me out of bed I'm tempted to go downstairs and sleep on the sofa!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3