View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2006, 03:22 PM
If you're really unlucky Tuti he might end up looking like Pickles!

All legs!
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I struggle to get weight on Holly (PRT) she is just not a big eater, and burns off any food she does eat by running and doing everything at 500 mph! When i want to get some fat on her, i add raw tripe to her diet..within a week i can see a difference..stinks though! The tripe not her!!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I know a wheaten that was fed on burns and he was very thin, we suggested she changed him onto nutro which is what we feed our on and he put the weight back on and is now in lovely shape. I have heard of burns not agreeing with some dogs, the puppies breeder tried burns with her spinoni and wheatens and she notice a change in them, they all got really thin. It may be good for dogs who are prone to being overweight but i wouldn’t feed my dog on it.

I would highly recommend nutro, we have all of ours on it and we always have compliment on what great shape they are in. We add nature diet or natures menu to it and that is also great because you are paying for good quality food, not water and cheap bits of meat.

sarah xxxxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I would agree Burns isn't for every dog, some are a bit skinny on it but I don't necessarily think it has to do with the dogs normal weight. Pickles is generally a "lean" type of dog always has been and I noticed no change when I swapped him over!

If adding things to his food doesn't work perhaps consider changing his food, I know you don't really want to but it might just be that he's not suited to Burns as he's growing?
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
If adding things to his food doesn't work perhaps consider changing his food, I know you don't really want to but it might just be that he's not suited to Burns as he's growing?
I agree with you, i think that sometime you just need to find what suits your dog, like rip said you may not want to change him but you might find that i would be best for archie

sarah xxxx
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Seems funny whenever i talk about wieght and gemma in the same sentence its , the exact opposite how to get the wieght off maybe he'll put his wieght on as he gets older and calmer , at the moment he's busy being a puppy which requires a lot of energy , dont worry im sure he's fine
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Olly
Seems funny whenever i talk about wieght and gemma in the same sentence its , the exact opposite how to get the wieght off maybe he'll put his wieght on as he gets older and calmer , at the moment he's busy being a puppy which requires a lot of energy , dont worry im sure he's fine
Tell me about it, Woody only gets 150 grams of dried light food every day. Anymore than that and he starts to get chubby!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions... I will keep an eye on him and maybe consider changing his food if he doesn't 'drop' as Mini said
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3