View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Lynn, hope you have a safe visit back to Essex, we have had so many traffic problems lately. Just hope your visit will be uneventful. Good luck with the cake and so glad that Dillon is ok.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Sue, relegate Tumbleweed to the shower if he cannot behave in a bath! Seriously hope it is not a leak, for his sake!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Thank you Moyra. We will be popping along Saturday for a while it usually takes us 11/2 hours if the traffic is good to Harlow. It usually is on a Saturday then we stay for around 2 hours and that means Dillon is only left for 5 hours which is about the longest we like to leave him. If the M11 is a problem we can do the A10 straight through Cambridge but it isn't ideal tackling the ring road especially on a Saturday.
If your weather is like ours its a nice day for a run out on Blue with Amber.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Lynn, yes it was very cloudy first thing but I have just moved Blue from the patio out to the front of the flat and the sun is now coming out. I got my washing out on the line so hoping it will be dry soon.

Steve was picked up by a friend who desperately wants him to tile in Romford. Steve said his back wouldn't take the drive followed by the works so turned the job down. The chap said he would pick him up and work with him if he would agree to do the job as he wanted professionalism, what a recommendation. Just hope his back will be ok when he comes home as he still has to sit there in his friends van even if he can adjust and move not being the driver. His back massage pad is ready for him on the sofa with plenty of cushions so fingers crossed he doesn't over do it.

I hope you have a good journey on Saturday, will Gorden come with you, I imagine so as you speak about leaving Dillon for a few hours. Hope he is ok. Shame he cannot come with you!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 10:52 AM
I am off out now to walk Amber with Blue. Have a good afternoon everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2014, 10:57 AM
What a lovely mum those are the sort of things I use to do.
Yes Gorden will come with me. Dillon could come but he gets very excited around the children and if they don't pay him attention he barks also they live in a town house so if we go up to the living room he would find it difficult. Also I am here most days with him so its nice to have break out on our own for a few hours.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Afternoon all. A bit late today. Had a slightly disturbed night. Tyto got me up twice but all was normal so I just put it down to him being nosey and not concentrating on what he is doing the first time he goes. Typical male dog thing. Hope everyone else managed some sleep. Did the pepper work? Off to watch scott and bailey now. Glad you didn't let the cat out of the bag as to who did it. Hm a theme going on there. Sorry, hope the cat is quiet tonight.
Tatty by all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Back from a lovely walk with the girls, not a soul out on the country park, so that was lovely for Keshi as she could race round without me having to keep her on a line. Gave them both a good doing with the rake. Cariad and Lona have been a walk up to the field and a mooch round there, bit of a game of ball but they weren't that interested really. Had a go at them with the rake, poor Cariad is loosing her tail again this started after I had her spayed, and it goes down to a bone covered with some hair and the odd bit of feather when she moults, she is getting quite precious about her tail and the amount of hair on it and she is now sitting on it when I come to comb it out, but it gets shavings and grass seeds in, so got to be done. Feel very quilty about this of course, she has a lovely tail, she had a lovely tail all the time till I had her Little Job done, now she doesn't
Beautiful day here today, t shirt weather again. Am going to have a sit down with a butty and cup of tea and then do The Room I think, I need to make a start on it at least
Lynn, mmmmmm cake, I'm starving, piccie of it when its all done an looking good and I can at least dream of eating it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Moyra, i need to get most of the stuff done before the cold arrives, the outside stuff was years overdue in being done and i wanted it sorted before it got wet again (i tend to fret about daft things and it then keeps me awake ), the kitchen floor needed doing as the kitchen is always so cold, i really struggle in the winter, i have a crap immune system thanks to the chemo and so i get a cold, that goes to my chest and the year before last i ended up with pneumonia so i would rather use the warm weather and then i can rest up worry free (until the next disaster Lol). Hope Steves back will be ok
Wow, Loki does not look his age at all and especially given his fits
Sue i sincerely hope you don't have a leak, what is it with workmen now? whenever we get anything done it either seems to be bodged up or they have to come back repeatedly to get things put right.
TW, i didn't go for floor tiles, i ripped the ceramic tiles up, we had a chat about the floor and my mum agreed with me that vinyl would be better suited to us, i like to mop the floor and vinyl would be easier for me, it works out cheaper and also my point about if they got fed up and wanted a change it would be cheaper and easier to update than proper tiles. i got this stuff
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PREMIUM-QU...item460081afdd
cost £140 ish including delivery so a lot cheaper than real slate tiles.... and a damn site easier to lay Lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Afternoon all

Another busy, busy morning here, will somebody pleeeeease make it stop and let me get into retired mode!

I went up to the van to finish off what I had to do for Saturday's guests, and decided to sweep the lawn (does anybody DO that? but it was very dry with lots of leaves) then I watered it and the old grass reached up high to suck in the water and immediately turned lush and green again.

Only did the woods with Zena first thing cos I don't want to risk that drive up to the cliffs with this get you home tyre, cos even that looks a bit flat now lol! June, and griff, I've had this conversation with the tyre bods yesterday and yes I know about all that cleaning, cos they've already done it to the wheel they have now ready to fit the new tyre. He said to me that no matter how much you clean the rusty old rims on alloys, it's just what they do, they crud up and you can never get that good seal again. He would take all the others off for me and do those too, but he said they could last me 6 months, they could last me a year, and it's all too risky for my liking, so Dave has got me a set of 4 and we'll get all my new tyres put on those. On the final count, this is the 7th puncture since we moved here almost 3 years ago, some were nails or screws, but most were due to the wheels. I blame Dave really (as yer do), cos I told him if I keep them fully inflated to ME, it seems to ward off the flats, and although he has a compressor in the garage, it doesn't always remember when I ask him and with this flippiin finger of mine, it's difficult for me to do it properly like I used to do myself in the garage.

Zena was sick in the night, just water......along with a slate chipping This tells me I'm starving this poor bluddy dog so much she's obviously eaten one of her poops! I just hope and pray she just swallowed the one, and thank the lord, it came up with the watery vomit overnight, cos if that had got stuck in her throat with me asleep well, she'd be history.

I know the vet wants her to lose that last kg (it WAS 1/2, but because she put 1/2 back ON instead of OFF, it's now one kg), I don't really want to feel her backbone more than I do already, she's looking sleek and slim and superb with a lovely glossy coat, so I'm not going to starve her anymore!

Happy birthday to the very handsome Loki, doesn't he look fab! Spoil him rotten Linda, he deserves to be spoiled every day with what he has to endure doesn't he.

Lynn, something up with Dillon? I do hope not!

I just took Zena out again for another hour in the woods, as I have to make the most of this glorious weather, although today is a bit too hot for my liking. She went straight into her pool and just stood there cos I'd filled it up to the brim, then all hell broke lose lol!

Now I've got to e-mail pics of my wheel to Dave cos he can't remember if they're the same as his or the proper Msport ones which my car is, and although I told him, it's got the MSport wheels like my old bimmer, he doesn't believe me cos he's a man!

See you later then.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »