Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Walking past the local Indian however makes me salivate! (Indian restaurant that is, not person!).
I have just peppered my laptop screen with saliva after bursting out laughing at this..........
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks to a very unfortunate labour giving birth to my son recently and erm..inflicted wounds i now eat a lot of fibre!!! Will honestly never eat white bread, white pasta etc for a looooong time . I have never missed prunes for my breakfast one single day since I left hospital

We're both vegetarians, we eat a lot of veg and salad. I eat too much chocolate.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm a vegetarian so eat a lot of fruit and vegetables .
Love soya milk in my breakfast cereal .
Will allow myself one small bar of chocolate per day but could easily eat much more !
Tend to eat mostly healthy home cooked food .
Love an Indian curry but now live in an area with none ( nearest being about a two hour drive so just have to do wthout
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I accidentally bought some gluten free bread rolls for burgers once and they were horrid and tasteless.
My dad is a ceoliac and my mum makes all his bread. I don't think it tastes as bad as the shop bought stuff. I also make him a chocolate cake everyone now and then and it tastes pretty much the same, although a little crumblier.

Not sure my dad would be able to cope with it if my mum didn't make all his bread, biscuits, cakes etc! lol

Helen
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
My downfall are crisps and kids sweets though!
lol, me too. I love sweets, and it's even harder when you can get them cheap!

ETA: Living in the sticks is a double edged sword as all the takeaways are too far away to deliver and so we don't often have takeout, as it is a real faff to drive out for one. Good as it is healthier, but bad because sometimes I just fancy a pizza or a chinese!
Same here, but not as far as you. I do remember driving to Jedburgh for a Chinese though when we lived in Northumberland as we were desparate for one lol.

Helen
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Fruit juice counts as long as it is proper juice and not Tesco Value from concentrate
Does Morrisons value count? No, I do have concentrate - I have a thing about bits in my drink.. I don't go for the cheap stuff though, I have Innocent Smooth OJ.

I did used to eat fairly well, broccoli with my mash (all mixed together. Used to have some banana flavoured weetabix with slices of banana underneath (You have to hide good for me stuff)

Overall my diet is rubbish, although I do get yogurts sometimes (without fruit or bits in) And I oven cook most foods rather than fry them and I have a George foreman Grill for my sausage sarnies I could eat worse.

Moobli and Helen at you not being able to get take aways - then again, I can only order from one place as the others think I'm too far away Just Eat.com is brilliant!
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Mine's ok-ish. I don't eat vegtables but I love fruit. Although I'm not a veggie, I do love veggie stuff like Quorn Mince and sausages more than the 'real thing'.

I do have a weakness for curry, fish & chips, chocolate, sweets and crisps (not altogether!)
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't really snack, but do eat big portions for tea.

Major weakness is a Curry at the weekend.

Although in the last 3 days all I've had to eat is a pack of Soothers and 3 pieces of toast - bloody chest infection.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 11:48 AM
We decided last year to start eating more healthily in general and have adopted a Mediterranean style diet. We are both 40yrs old now so were aware as you get older it's easier to put weight on but not so simple to take off! I read somewhere that the age of 41 is when most people 'let go' of themselves, so I didn't want to become part of that statistic!

We don't eat any ready meals or processed food full stop. Hate the stuff, too many additives and things in them that are not natural. Everything we make is from scratch, this way I know what we are eating and it is all natural.

So, we mainly eat fish for our evening meals (I am not a huge fish lover, but since doing this have developed a taste for it and enjoy learning new recipies from different websites). Or we sometimes have chicken. I always do these in homemade sauces or marinades (no cream though!) and they are delicious. I learned this week how to do Paella and Sid raved over it so much, he thought I had spent ages on it and it only took 25mins in total - result! Fish is high on the satiety index so keeps you fuller for longer which is great.

We limit red meat, bread, pasta, potatoes (usually eat sweet potatoes instead). Have lots of veg either boiled/steamed or stir-fry. Also we have swopped coffee and tea for Green Tea and only have wine Friday and Saturdays.

We do allow ourselves treats - we have chocolate at the weekend and still have our usual curry takeaway. But eat 'clean' the rest of the week.

I have to say I do feel much better in myself since we did this and my stomach is much flatter. As soon as I have bread it bloats back up again!!

PS - I'm with Smokeybear the 'cheap fat' smell of McDonalds and Burger King etc, they make me feel sick too. I hate that 'fat' smell - barf
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Forced into a slightly better diet by buying a house, can't afford all the takeaways we used to have! Also having to cut costs of food so cooking stuff from scratch and bulking out meat-based meals with veg, beans, lentils, etc. which also makes it healthier. We don't eat enough veggies though so I'm trying to up the veg content, winter is good for having warm casseroles and stuff so I've been adding in extra veggies, putting more peppers in our fajitas than chicken, grating carrot into bologneses etc. to sneak it in (not that OH dislikes veggies but he wouldn't tend to have them out of choice, he's more a baked beans man!)
I like fruit but I hate how hit and miss the quality is when you're paying a lot for it. Wasted so much money buying a pack of satsumas or a bag of grapes only for them to be too bitter or tangy, at least a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar are more consistant in flavour!
Someone has been reading Old Style

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Thanks to a very unfortunate labour giving birth to my son recently and erm..inflicted wounds i now eat a lot of fibre!!! Will honestly never eat white bread, white pasta etc for a looooong time . I have never missed prunes for my breakfast one single day since I left hospital

We're both vegetarians, we eat a lot of veg and salad. I eat too much chocolate.
LOL LOL LOL...this is what is putting me off number 2 (and I do mean baby!)

we arent too bad, we eat loads of veggies, and salads. Rarely do I buy processed stuff, and I do try to make sure DS and OH eat fish 2 times per week.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >