Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've read that a couple of dogs have died because they were left in cars when at Blackpool over the weekend. Can anyone confirm this, I think one was a min pin, apparently many many cars had to be broken into as well and I think a dog died because although they broke the window the van was deadlocked and they couldn't get in. People were also not responding to the calls over the tannoy either
If this is the case then every one of those people that left dogs in cars should be named and shamed and something done by the KC. It is appalling.
Becky
Do you know what, that doesn't surprise me one bit! I said to my friend on the way back to the car that it was appauling how many people had only their car boots open to keep their dogs cool. It wasn't blazing sunshine on the Saturday, but it doesn't have to be does it??!!! I remember going back to my car to pick something up and it was like an oven inside.

When will people ever learn, makes my blood boil!!!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 07:02 PM
We were caravanning and went back on to the show ground the next day, nobody was checking passes in or out, we were told by the person on the gate it was to do with a change of rules (KC?) and was ridiculous, he commented that it wasn't our day but he did let us take the dogs in, and as has been previously stated the dogs could have been left in the unentered tent.

I hope that these people are prosecuted.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 08:00 PM
i actually didnt go , was entered but forgot to book the caravan park and knew it was too long to leave the dogs.
I sometimes leave the boot up but It/'s a Kia so it leaves the whole back openm but never for more than a few mins.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 09:20 PM
We were there on Friday and they were repeatedly calling over the tannoy and said they were breaking into cars to let the dogs out. They stated that a Rottie was in severe distress and the vet was on his way, also that they had put a themometer into the car and it was 40 degrees!!

They also had a paddling pool for the dogs to cool off in. However, I was alarmed when we left with Loca and Rosie (who coincidently got a 2nd and VHC respectively) that no-one was checking us out - we could have been leaving with anyone's dogs.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
I just hope that all those that did leave dogs in cars get punished, maybe a 6 mth ban from showing as a bare minimum but really they should be prosecuted. There really is no excuse for anyone leaving a dog in a car.
Becky
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 04:21 PM
i was there on the friday and there were numerous calls over the tannoy. there were rumours going round that a dog had died but no confirmation. i agree it is absolutely disgusting. when my dog wasnt in the ring, or walking round with me she was in her crate in the tent where it was just sooo much cooler. i cant understand why people would do that to animals that they supposedly love so much. i would certainly never do that to mine.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've read that a couple of dogs have died because they were left in cars when at Blackpool over the weekend. Can anyone confirm this, I think one was a min pin, apparently many many cars had to be broken into as well and I think a dog died because although they broke the window the van was deadlocked and they couldn't get in. People were also not responding to the calls over the tannoy either
If this is the case then every one of those people that left dogs in cars should be named and shamed and something done by the KC. It is appalling.
Becky
Just finished reading the reports in the dog press, and nothing on any dogs dying..

Although plenty to say on people still leaving dog sin cars.... I think in some cases , judging stopped till peopel responded to the calling back to their cars.

It still amazes me, thoses who should know better , still leaving dogs in hot cars
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3