View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Well he's agreed to go to A&E in the morning, till the morning comes and if he refuses then he will be told to get on with politely of course
I have enough to do without been at his beck and call 24/7,and now he wishes he had gone this morning,he's in so much pain and struggling to even get to the toilet He's using a chair like a zimmer frame I've told him I am not driving now,lack of sleep and icy roads not a good combination, and he's had all day to get there,another issue I am not going to be able to get him in the car anyway,he can't bend his leg or put weight on it,so looks like an ambulance
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Evening everyone,

Malka hope you feel better xx, everyone who is ill or having problems, hope they get better.

I've been busy today enlarging science documents, got the interview for my job on Friday. So getting ready for that.

Taking Dougal a walk soon, then working on my EMA.

Very proud of Davie today. Next doors kid, and the one on the other side have been getting him to go out then giving him a hard time, or winding him up to the point where he reacts badly then I get their parents complaining. Well today they tried it, darned if he didn't tell them straight he's not going out cause he doesn't trust them, and after a bit of the laddie saying nothing would happen Davie says no chance, and shifts the door. So proud of him for standing up from himself.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 05:36 PM
June, you can get charcoal Bonios from Pets at Home? I've used them many a time for dodgy tums, although sometimes the dogs just had them anyway just because they liked them. Lovely to hear Sasha is playful, that's such a good sign isn't it, and best of british with the rest of those cow pats, I know them well with Zena, but hopefully, not any more.

Jenny, that did make me laugh about your mum asking who that boy was lol, bless her heart. There's something so endearing about our beloved oldies isn't there, and I kind of miss that with my old mum, but I'm sure Dave is enjoying it all with me here

Lorraine, good luck with the interview on Friday, we'll all be rooting for you!

Sal, I think you should get some ice on that knee of his (that'll shut him up lol!), it can only help, 10 mins at a time, it doesn't do anything after 10 mins a nurse once told me, but as often as you like. Hopefully, whilst he sat there unable to get up, he might get to realise just how busy you are around him hey?! That'd be nice wouldn't it You never know, you might get a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates one day soon, but don't hold yer breath!

Zena is soooooooo tired, I can't understand it She slept all afternoon, didn't want to get up when I did, then when she heard me clonking about near the biscuit tin (big no-no for her now though ) she condescended to join me in the bootroom where I was sorting out some washing. Decided to feed her and get her pill into her, and then I realised, I hardly gave her any brekkie this morning thinking she likes a bit of lunch, and I've got to cut back on her food, but she didn't get any of that either, she just got a fish stick and bless her heart, she never pestered me for food, so got a whole cup of kibble tonight and a little bit of chicken breast as a starter with her pills disguised in it. Now she's zonked out again This isn't her, I must have worn her out down that beach this morning poor girl. What a pleasant change in watching her sleeping now though. None of that rapid breathing, just lovely, slow rhythms, so calm and relaxed nowadays, I'm so glad that vet has sorted her out.

Waiting for Dave's phone call now, not looking forward to it, he'll be reeling off all the problems he found on his arrival at work after he wasn't there last Friday and yesterday, and he's so down already, I hope nothing's bad enough to tip him over the edge. I will listen as I always do and try and lift his spirits here and there if I can, but it's gonna be hard this week I know that, as he's also waiting for a phone call from the accountant who's slapping him round the face with this month's vat bill! As he said to me last night "there's a limit as to how many slaps in the face I can take" and I can understand that. He's always been one of life's unlucky ones, it runs in his family, got to be a standing joke with them all, but I'm staying positive and hopefully, he can pick up on my good vibes, although they're running a bit low too atm.

Might ring a few friends tonight to do a catch up too cos I've been neglecting them of late and will get a telling off, especially as they're all piling over here again in the Spring to take me out to lunch, well, that's what they've threatened but we shall see, it's a long way for them to come.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 05:53 PM
June and Losos, my son is animal mad and was the sort of kid who would make me or my OH climb a ladder to rescue a May Fly caught in a spiders web He is over 6' and heavily in to natural body building (no steroids) and the gym he is manager at is full of huge body building types .... no lycra there but they are all animal lovers and often take their dogs in. So yes, he is a lovely lad ..... I would have hated to have had a child who didn't love animals.

TW - I love the image in my mind you playing tuggies with Sasha. My Mum comes out with some wonderful, fantastic stories too as to why she is there, but most of the time she thinks she is visiting me there.

Helena - Isn't it lovely when our dogs are zonked out with that lovely deep breathing and the odd deep sigh.
I hope Dave is OK, it's a shame he has to be a 'half-empty' as opposed to 'half-full'

I've just been out to collect some wood for the fire and oh my, it is blinking cold out there!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Evening all I am dropping some home made jam and marmalade tarts in not long out of the oven if anyone fancies one later and i'm not around.
Malka sorry to hear a bout your friend and I hope the nether regions are behaving themselves.
Harvey I hope you are enjoying your couple of days on your own.
Sal sorry to hear you are going through it with other half he needs to grow up by the sounds of it. I hope he has stopped taking it out on you.
June pleased to hear Sasha is improving and getting back to being a bouncy puppy. Sorry to hear the big ones are still giving you cow pats. Ollie when he was so ill loved the charcoal bones. I hope you can start to get some rest not surprisingly it sounds like it is now beginning to get on top of you.
Good luck for Friday Lorraine.
Helena I do hope Dave has not got into work today to find more problems waiting for him.

I am off to do tea in a bit I may pop in later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Jenny - may be she IS visiting you there - who knows one time my mother actually convinced me that my brother and his wife were coming to take her to lunch, I went to the nurses and asked them and they looked at me very strangely and said no my brother hadn't been, you get to the stage where you are beginning to wonder if it is you that is one teaspoon short of a full set
Sasha gone to sleep on one side of the baby gate and all the babies asleep on the other side.
I need to give the girlies their tea, and there will be ructions, first of all they will wake up, and secondly they will have completely forgotten they have had their tea, and demand more
Meanwhile girlies will be beating a tatoo on the back door, because they haven't had theirs yet!!!
Keep loading the wood on the fire Jenny, it is flaming cold out there thats for sure
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Well I actually made it into the ensuite without needing to perch on the throne! I had to take more bog rolls in as when I put one on the second bog roll holder [yes I have two so that if one runs out at a difficult time there is always the second one], and when I took it out of the cupboard of the vanity unit [posh word for a cupboard wivva handbasin in/on top] it was the last one.

Checked in the cupboard in the other loo [just a plain white plastic cupboard - no handbasin in there] and there were only three left, so got a new pack and refilled both cupboards.

The packs of bog rolls are stacked in a corner of my spare room so when I went back into my bedroom to go through to the ensuite I thought oh, really outta get shot of those keyboards.

And that is when I realised that one of my new ones was missing..
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Evening all, magic bottle is here and I have already had a vast glass of Merlot from it

Sal, it sounds as if your OH might be needing your nursing skills when he gets back from hospital so he had better behave himself hadn't he He was very silly not to go today, because he might just have made things a whole lot worse.

H old bean, I do sympathise with you over Dave....I had this once with his lordship, and found it incredibly tiring and wearing having to constantly buoy him up whilst he went over and over the same things continually. When these men are down, you absolutely know that the worst thing possible would be to become low yourself, at least when they are around, but it does become very difficult indeed after a while. You cruel cruel heartless mum tho Fancy forgetting to feed the gorgeous Zena - I could never get away with that with Jimmi He starts begging for his dinner an hour before it is due! As for breakfast, I find it hard to make my way to his bowl for his ridiculous excitement!

Last night, once again, saw a whine-free dog at bedtime. It really does seem that the freezer next to him was the problem.

We had to pick a walk today that avoided any pavements with salt on them because of his paws, which is easily managed but of course then one is slipping and sliding on icy surfaces. Jimmi was fine with his natural mini crampons, but I nearly went flying on a number of occasions......thank goodness he didn't spot a cat!

Jennie, your son is an absolute star

Really really cold now.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Great minds - merlot here too.

Steve's eye is improving - yay!

Sorry to hear of your troubles Sal. I hope he gets it sorted quickly.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 07:49 PM
He has apologised again and again and said it was because he was in so much pain that he shouted and didn't mean what he said,
Don't think Men ever grow up do they It looks like his leg is starting to swell too now Sticking to my guns though,not doing anything till morning now so he will have to suffer the pain,it's his own fault for been so stubborn & childish.
Did a stew for tea,fed the kids and done some washing,given O/H some strongish painkillers,I am hoping they will knock him out for a little while,infact all night would be good he's spending it on the sofa,stairs are out of the question
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >