View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm going on my own this year for the first time. Went with friends for the past three years. I've never travelled that far on my own before.

It's probably better going on your own as you can do what you want, when you want and don't have to worry about anyone else but yourself. That said, me and my friends usually always split up at some point in the day when we want to do and see different things. You'll be fine.
TEDCAV
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I agree, I have been on my own and with friends. I much prefer it on my own, so I can do exactly what I want. Sadly I don't think I will be able to make it this year
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Much better on your own. Remember comfy shoes and take your own food in a throw away bag so you don't have to lug it around all day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I go on my own used to go with people but they wanted to go some places I wanted to go others and we all felt complelled to stay together, now I go alone meet up with people during the day (via mobile contact ) and do what I want at the pace I want.

Go alone its fine, you won't stand out like a sore thumb loads of people wander around alone.
One point though if you'e never been before if you see something you like and the price is okay buy it you'll never make it back to where you think you will or you'll forget where it is. Buy when you see is my motto at Crufts is bigger and busier than you would ever think.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement guys, i feel much better about it now. kinda hoping my friend cant make it now
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll be there on the thursday with my racing greyhound Button. We are in hall 5 I'm not sure what ring we are in or what time yet. Although I may be spending some time with my breeder at the whippet ring.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I'll be there on the thursday with my racing greyhound Button. We are in hall 5 I'm not sure what ring we are in or what time yet. Although I may be spending some time with my breeder at the whippet ring.
Ooh i should imagine it'll be rather busy but i'll keep my eye out for button! love the name by the way, very cute!
cambkite
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I've been three time on me todd. Only once @ the NEC mind (that ages me doesn't it). You can go where you want, when you want. If you want to talk to people about their dogs, they'll (usually) be happy to talk to you. If you can't get there on hound day, you still have "discover dogs" AND people from Dogsey. If you can't find anybody to go with, don't worry about going on your own.

Mind you. One advantage of going with somebody else is that you can share the cost of the car park and catalogue .
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
My OH is very allergic also but never suffers at Crufts because it is so airy and high ceilingy we think - he takes a tablet beforehand but never has an issue
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I will be there on working and pastoral day with my border collie Leoti so any one going on the sunday pop along and say hello
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >