View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree here, those posted by the OP are not really 'text speak' but rather genuine abbreviations, text speak I would consider things like, b4, l8r, 2nite, 2moro, where r u, e.t.c. I have never seen tbh, imo, imho, jmho, hth and certain not pts and dda in a text EVER before and I text A LOT.
I just asking there is no need to make fun of me . I am just trying to join in and understand the forum and understand what people are writing and help others who are confused.
It would be easier if people didn't abbriviate things but they do. I don't want any trouble just the meanings to the abbriviation that is why I started the thread.

Ndidi

ps what does CMer mean I found it on a thread I am reading
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by ndidi View Post
I just asking there is no need to make fun of me . I am just trying to join in and understand the forum and understand what people are writing and help others who are confused.
It would be easier if people didn't abbriviate things but they do. I don't want any trouble just the meanings to the abbriviation that is why I started the thread.

Ndidi

hello , i dont think random was making fun i think she is trying to differentiate between abbreviations and text speak...as text speak isnt allowed....

That way once everyone is clear what is classed as text speak there are no misunderstandings....

I have been here a few years and i still find some abbreviations a mystery!

But as far as i know and i could be completely wrong...CMer may mean someone who trains in the Ceaser Milan way....Hence the initials and the "er" at the end...

I could be completely wrong ..it has been known!

Alex
xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by ndidi View Post

Ndidi

Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
hello , i dont think random was making fun i think she is trying to differentiate between abbreviations and text speak...as text speak isnt allowed....

That way once everyone is clear what is classed as text speak there are no misunderstandings....

I have been here a few years and i still find some abbreviations a mystery!

But as far as i know and i could be completely wrong...CMer may mean someone who trains in the Ceaser Milan way....Hence the initials and the "er" at the end...

I could be completely wrong ..it has been known!

Alex
xx
I wasn't making fun of you at all, exactly as Alex says, I was merely trying to say that such abbreviations aren't really txt speak as txt speak is not allowed here which I agree with as it can make posts very confusing and hard to read an understand but such abbreviations most people don't have a problem with, once you get to know what they are of course. My post was not aimed directly at you or anyone in particular, it was more a response to Mini's post if anything.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2