Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Desktop every time.

Laptops are easier to lift if you ever get burgled.

Typing on a laptop after typing on a desktop will drive you insane.

Laptops screens can only be tilted one way, unless you also turn the entire keyboard too.

Unless you add additional external speakers, laptop sounds are usually very poor in comparison. Adding additional external speakers seems to defeat the point of having a laptop in the first place.

The list goes on...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Well I didn't like PC World,
Not much selection (IMO) unhelpful staff, and not a good feeling at all.
Curry's - disappointing
Comet, have bought a new tv for the kitchen there recently and a telephone for my In-Laws, went in to look, and have you ever noticed how many staff they have.... there everywhere like little wasps in their yellow shirts

I spent ages looking and comparing, then a guy came and offered help, and pointed out numerous factors that I had missed!!!!

Decided on another Desktop....Hp with oodles of stuff on it. Didn't realise you can mix and match on the monitor's either, so I plumped on a 19". It's lovely, never realised they came so big until I saw Nana's, and as you know I have terrible eyesight!!

So I have switched the monitor's over and I have the large one !! only problem now is I can't get any sound from it!! Don't know what I have done!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2