View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Mine are great on both sides thank god.last year the old bag that lived joined on to me moved away and i got a really nice woman with a dog, so its much better now.Having said that next door but 2 is the stereotypical neighbour from hell but i just ignore her!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm quite lucky with neighbours because they don't cause any trouble and the house attached to me (we are semi-detached) are quite nice and look after their house and garden very well and they only have one lad at home now and he is working and the other side are okay too and most of the people round here I have known since I was a kid because I was born here in this house.

Sorry to hear about your terrible neighbours MC, it must be pure hell for you to have to put up with all that
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:28 AM
have lovely neighbours in our street where we live now - and a lovely area - really quiet - but I think I finally deserve it as where I was before had a psycotic next door neighbour who we had to share a front stair with - instances from the moment we bought the flat and one time was at my door about 2inches from my face telling me to F*** off - and I hadnt done anything to her - she was nuts and used to make me shudder about going home. was delighted to move away and love where I am now. Neighbours couldnt be better - they all say hello /good morning etc and one of the ladies drops apples off to all the neighbours from her apple tree etc - really lovely "!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
i have to say our neighbours to the left are lovely,, they are so friendly and nemo has got into their garden so many times they have now nickname janice,, the lady that lives there "granny", she loves nemo and he loves her .

the neighbours the other side are very quiet and you dont see or hear them much,, a couple of doors down there is a problem family but touch wood the electric guitar hasnt been played at 1am for a while

i really feel for anyone who has bad neighbours, it must be so upsetting and annoying
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
we are in a flat in preston and the previous tenants from downstairs were terrible...earned the nickname stampy!!! Its an old terraced house made into two flats. For us upstairs to hear her stamping her feet she was really going for it!!!!.....they would slam not close doors and their living room is under our bedroom so i had to wear ear plugs to get to sleep.....got to the point where i was drinking at night just to calm down!!!!! she would come storming up the hallway stairs just to shout at us when we hadnt done anything!!!! also street has become over run with student houses they arent so bad but its the council tenants at number 3 and 5 that are the worst...There dog is left in the street all day with their 4yr old girl....bless him that dog is so obediant!!! but their son was arrested a month ago by a riot van and police dogs and they "fix" their car steroe every day playing it a t full volume!!!!!

Not only that but we are the only street in the area which is not permit parking and seena s we are just across the park from Preston North End dont think abouth leaving your parking spot on match day...you wont get a parking space till after 5pm!!!!!

Cant wait to move!!!!!!!!

x

sorry rant over!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
i've only got one neighbour and she's about 60 so not much bother really.
but i do know how you feel we used to live next door to an american (off jerry springer ) and a drunk. we moved because we couldn't stand the noise. but now i hear that she's been sent back and he's in prison what goes around comes around.

sorry if this makes no sense had alittle to drink
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Hmm, my neighbours are odd!
On one side, it's an elderly lady, and I think her son & daughter in law also live there.
She didn't speak to me when I moved in, wouldn't even smile! After I had been here about a year, she started speaking to me, and has even given me an electric hedge cutter!

The other side....The parents are nice, and the kids, well....the girl is 17, on her 3rd pregnancy, but has lost all the babies to clamydia
The eldest lad gets in trouble - spits in his mums face, steals cars, punches windows in. Occasionally plays loud music etc.
The youngest lad is soo quiet! Never even heard him speak!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Thanks to Willow talking about New Forest I think we may try to look at moving over there
Aww thanks

It really is a lovely area, you have your idiots like everywhere else but I have never had any problems in the area I live.

My road is a good mixture of pensioners (which can be quite nosey but at the same time you know when your on holiday they will keep and eye on the house) families and couples. There's a few dogs about as well.

What I love about it as well, is you can walk for ages in nearly any direction and not see a single soul, even in the height of summer with all the tourists, (you just have to know the right areas ) I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Every sunday during the summer we will go for a walk and then stop at the pub with the dogs and have a drink before going home or even have dinner there. Which is fantastic in the summer evenings.

I also love the colours as the seasons change at the moment, we have a good mixture of the late heather, the bracken changing from green to brown and the autumn leaves which to me is just magical.

We have a good mixture of forest and heathlands as well, so you can do literally hundreds of different walks and combine a walk in a forest with a stream for the dogs to splash about in and continue out onto a high point on the heathland and stop to admire the view (and catch your breath! ). It's great for walking, bike riding and even horse riding which my OH does so he will take his horse out occassionally and go for a ride on the weekend when I want my lie in

Havent gone on a bit havent I well you can tell I just love it here cant you ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Sory for all of you that have bad neighbours have been there and its hell.We now have nice neighbours Zanta must annoy them sometimes with her barking but they never mention it or haven't as yet,we do get her in if she is going to be persistant.But someimes their children can be very noisy so its give and take I reckon.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
I've only got a handful of neighbours here (6 to be exact) and that's it for about 2 miles

Lots of peace and quiet
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >