Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Good evening everypone

If it was me Griff I would not book a cabin at the rear as I think you might get the vibration from the screws. We usually go midship away from elevators and theatres etc. Tell her to look at the deck plans and make a decision from there. We have had one in the front, no balcony, but the view was not that good as window was small. The other thing we do is book all our excursions before leaving home as waiting until you are on board the best one will have been taken. Also book the flight, if they need one, through them as if anything happens they are responsible for getting you to the ship if there is a delay with the flight. Who is she thinking of sailing with?

Good for you Harvey having a lie in this morning

Your to do list must be getting quite a bit smaller now Lynn

I would give the test a go June I am sure she will get over this fear enough for a vet to handle her. My last Afghan was petrified of people, sometimes towards the end of her life even those she knew, but at the vet she just stood there and shook. At no time though would she have bitten anyone.

Took a trip to son's flat this afternoon. They said they would finish it yesterday except for the remaining tiling in the bathroom. Well no Their mess is still in the bedroom, kitchen tiling has to be grouted, doors hung on cupboards, loo, handbasin and shower head and door to be hung and some architrave round doors. Also it needs a good clean down. Outside is again full of rubbish and the railings to his steps need to be welded back in place. He will tell them that he needs it finished by the end of this coming week as he has the Lino and bedroom carpet being fitted the following week.

It has also been miserable here today, very misty this afternoon.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Griff
If I can add to what sue said. First of all if you had mentioned to me about going on a cruise a few years back I would have been so anti you would not believe. Decided to do one near to land so boked a rip up the River Nile as the second part of our holiday to Egypt, and I was hook .

Since then we have done he Med twice and a Baltic sea cruise last year doing Latvia Russia Gernany and a few other countries.

So as to where to book the higher the deck the better , they need to look at deck plans. e don't do anything "posh" on board like dressing up for dinner w prefer the help yourself stuffit buffets whee there is a great choice to but on weight.

Onboard entertainment is free but the theatre gets filled quickly so need to get there earlyish.

One of our trips out we saw
a playlet all pre paid when booked as part of the tour

saw and photographed so many places must have taken hundres of shots so a camera with plenty of memory i would rfecommend

One of our trips out we saw
a playlet all pre paid when booked as part of the tour

on board entertainment away from main theatre

his is not including other places like a wine tasting- castle visits -ancient monuments like Pompeii- old town walks including local food midday (paid a part of tour already)

It would be impossible to mention every country as each day in a different port and different tour

Yes there are those like I was that wouldn't dream of doing a cruise but most have never tried so don't know how good they are,
ue wants todo the Fiords next time so we shall have to see.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 08:16 PM
I adore cuising only done 6 have a few on my list still to do Carribean/Fjords/North Pole/The Cape Coast in South Africa/River Cruise in South Asia:......I was told the more you pay the more you sway....but I am with TW go high as you can afford. And prebook trips before you go but look at a site called "cruise critic" and see what people say about the port some are so easy to navigate yourself, must say I adore getting off and just pottering.....where are they going.
Oh I like the dressing for dinner - and the shows, I adore cruising in general now unpack once and travel the World.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 08:30 PM
The weather been rubbish today, Rosie only went on a sort wander as it started raining & v.cold. Liam picked Sarah up from the train station & she came back for dinner, they have both gone home now. Been lovely having Liam here. He's back in 4 weeks for a long weekend hoping the weather has picked up by then.
Sue sounds like the people doing your sons flat need a rocket up their backside!!
Lynn what a good boy Dillon is, Rosie tends to ignore other dogs unless like I've said before they come barking & running, Billy my mil's jr barks at big dogs, but he gets told off for it.
Cruises look fun, can't persuade Tony to do one, he doesn't like boats
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2017, 09:36 PM
leaving port farewell band

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Cheers all fior the input re cruises...will show mum 2mori..I am too drunk to Care lol....who knew dads were such bad influencez
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
...do you recommend anywhere specific for her booking her cabin..
Most important is make sure the cabin has a window (In sailer speak a 'porthole' )

I couldn't believe it when I found out that a lot of the cabins have no window Can you imagine booking into a hotel and being allocated a room with no window, you would book out again PDQ
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2017, 11:16 PM
There are many "inside" cabins on a cruise ship. A lot cheaper than an outside one.
The brochures clearly state if it is an inside cabin, if you didn't want that you would not book it
Our next cruise the cabin also has a balcony which should be nice,
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Cheers all fior the input re cruises...will show mum 2mori..I am too drunk to Care lol....who knew dads were such bad influencez
Oops
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2