tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Can you give her anymore valium or is it not possible
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2014, 11:33 PM
She has just managed to get up onto the couch, low as it is she had to climb up as she was too exhausted to jump, and is flat out now. Over two hours of pacing and leaping at me, only stopping while she had something to crunch.

I am also exhausted and desperately need sleep but even though she will wake and follow me to bed I have no idea how she will get up on the bed and no way will she sleep on the floor beside it, so I will have to try and help her up. Just praying she does not have another seizure during what is left of the night.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear this Malka. I hope there were no more seizures. x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Hoping you had a peaceful night.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2014, 07:58 AM
I just wish there was something, someone, somewhere could do. I am so sorry. Sending love and hugs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Sorry to hear this Malka. I hope there were no more seizures. x
No more seizures so far Linda but Pereg is not doing too good. She is very lethargic, flonked down most of the time, except to get up and drink drink drink and looks very bloated. Definitely not right and I am rather worried.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hoping you had a peaceful night.
Not really Lynn - it was gone 3am by the time I managed to get to bed - she managed to get up on it but then just lay there across the middle and I could not move her or get her to move, so I ended up crossways at the foot of the bed. Then every hour she got down, wanted more water, went out for a pee, came and drank more water and back to bed for another hour. She slept, I did not, and as I just said to Linda, I am rather worried about her now.

Originally Posted by Megsy View Post
I just wish there was something, someone, somewhere could do. I am so sorry. Sending love and hugs.
Thanks Megsy. I do not think anyone or anything can help her at the moment. I am just praying that she does not have another seizure today as she is exhausted and I do not know how much more her body can take.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm really sorry Malka. Perhaps keep an eye on her (you do anyway, I know) and call the vet if you are still worried. Sending positive thoughts she will improve. x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks Linda. I know that Pereg does not cluster like Loki does but the sheer violence of her seizures is terrifying. Last night her head was bashing on the refrigerator and I could not move her anywhere safe as my tiny kitchen is so narrow and she had her back tight against the floor unit next to the refrigerator - and her head has dented the door.

I could not even get near her as the floor was drenched from both ends, which did not help her when she finally struggled to get up.

I do not care about the refrigerator door as it is only cosmetic and I can always replace it with a new door if necessary, but I cannot replace Pereg with a new one, can I.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Hope she pulls through and is a little better now.
Is it the end of Passover, and would Ram be able to come out to you if necessary
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks June. Passover itself does not finish until around 7.45pm next Tuesday but at the moment it is the Intermediate Days which are working days - although some people take the week off and others only work half day. Next Monday is a Holy Day, starting around 6.45pm Sunday, but Ram has a 24 hour emergency service which includes Shabbat and Holy Days.

The problem is that he, or whoever is on after hours duty, would go to the surgery and I would have to take Pereg there - and I do not think either of my taxi drivers would work on Shabbat or Holy Days. Well I know that Meir would not but I am not sure about David. He might well switch his phone off as I am sure Meir does. Ram would come here, of course, but that would only be in a dire emergency as he did last time.

The surgery will be open until 2pm on Friday, and then from 9am-2pm again on Sunday so I just have to pray that Pereg's condition does not worsen.

I honestly do not know what to do at the moment. As long as she stays as she is, does not have another bad seizure and does not worsen, there is no point in either taking her to the surgery or calling Ram to come out.

It is very much a case of wait and see - and pray.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >