Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Also if you feel this doesnt work,you can wash the filters in fairy liquid,but make sure its dry,my stepdaughter had a baby who wouldnt wear nappies when he started crawling,and left puddles behind,she soaked the filter in Vanish not the normal one but the plus one.But if it comes to the crunch they can be bought on the net cheaply.I am not a fan of shake and vac as it has caused irritation with skin on some dogs and cats.Gemini54
That's true Gemini but its the Hoover pipe that smells and not the floor so I thought I might just pour the shake and vac in a pot and suck it through through the tube. I can't really work out how to wash the tube, unless I can unclip the whole thing off and do it in the bath.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Remind me again why we have dogs?!

Just been on a lovely walk...well lovely apart from both dogs rolling on a huge fish carcass....Tonks getting stuck in some mud.....and then Remus managing to eat half the fish carcass on the way back to the car. I certainly didn't want to pull it out of his mouth! So now they are sun bathing in the lounge and a nasty smell is starting to come off them as they heat up.

No ideas about the Hoover then?
Well the fish came back up at 2.30am...which was nice.....only good thing being he did it in his bed rather than our bed, which he has done before! I'm now watching him carefully as I returned home to find my utensils all over the kitchen floor and the salt cellar knocked over. No idea how much, if any, he has eaten.....so time will tell! The vet was umming and aaahing about whether or not to induce vomiting.....but he probably ate it an hour ago, if he has eaten any, so it may well on its way into his system. Fingers crosses he only took one lick!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi You are having a smelly week,if it had been me I would have stayed on the beach and washed them,because it will be in the car now ugh.Re the hoover if you google the make it will show you how to unclip,as there is a coating my OH says its pourous and will retain all smells. Poor you,but thats the pleasure of dogs.Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi You are having a smelly week,if it had been me I would have stayed on the beach and washed them,because it will be in the car now ugh.Re the hoover if you google the make it will show you how to unclip,as there is a coating my OH says its pourous and will retain all smells. Poor you,but thats the pleasure of dogs.Gemini54
Oddly enough it isn't in the car, possibly because they are so short haired and it was on their shoulders.

Ooooo never knew inside was pourous! Thank you.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi My spelling isnt great,but my OH showed me today,and it is for absorbing smells,but it cant be doing a good job if you can get the smell,but maybe manufactuers do this deliberately after a certain time scale.But you can get them cheaply enough on the net.Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I have a feeling the smell is going as I haven't noticed it walking past the Hoover.....I'll give it a sniff tomorrow!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Hi Do you remember the soft bag Hoovers,my step daughter in law has a load of cats and she used this for sucking up cat litter trays only,but it must have ponged,both male dogs I had would cock there legs and leave a puddle you cant take them anywhere.So why dont you get one of your dogs to sniff,and if he marks it.you will know.Simples! Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Ewwwww! I'll have to wait quite a few months for that to work as Remus is the only boy...and he can't cock his leg yet as he's only 7 months. He's still at the pee all over his front feet stage! Double yuck!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Ah bless,it reminds me of when I babysitted for a friend her lad was just coming up to 2 he wanted to go to the loo,I said do you sit.No he said I stand,went to offer him some paper he said no shake it like daddy.I told his mum,and she said he is very serious and particular about the loo,wont even go in a public one wants to wash his hands without prompting.
Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Ah bless,it reminds me of when I babysitted for a friend her lad was just coming up to 2 he wanted to go to the loo,I said do you sit.No he said I stand,went to offer him some paper he said no shake it like daddy.I told his mum,and she said he is very serious and particular about the loo,wont even go in a public one wants to wash his hands without prompting.
Gemini54
How funny! I'm trying to convince my eldest daughter that she really doesn't need to strip completely to use the loo.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >