Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I think that any dog used in advertising is a doggy actor, and actually lives the life of riley with endless attention and treats.
Yes you are absolutely right Sally, this particular dog would have been trained to do all sorts of things and hopefully by proper methods.

Let us not forget that the owner would be well paid too, something of the order of £2,500 possibly more for the whole shoot, let us hope that the dog got a lot of nice things out of that as well

Still don't like the ad but then it ain't aimed at me
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Don't think it's Harvey Nippy.........might be wrong though!

I think that any dog used in advertising is a doggy actor, and actually lives the life of riley with endless attention and treats. This particular one makes me laugh to be honest

There was a lot of fuss a while ago about a wonderful advert which featured a singing dog.......the fuss was about a short clip showing it with it's tail down and shaking. The dog was acting to order for goodness sake Why do people say "ohhhh how clever when they teach a dog to beg, play dead, cover face with paws, dance, etc. etc. ad infinitum, but then throw their hands up in horror when a dog is shown doing something to order in an advert
I wasn't so worried about the dog being mistreated in that advert, it just upset me to see a dog supposedly so distressed.
This one makes me laugh too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Haven't seen the ad and not likely to over here either.

But I save my outrage and get much more exercised and distressed about dogs that are starved, set on fire, hit with hammers, used as bait and all sorts than about a dog that was dressed up pincy poncy for some advert.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I haven't seen it, but Bodhi has had all sorts of outfits on and is none the worse for it

Perhaps just a bit mentally scarred lol
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
I haven't seen it, but Bodhi has had all sorts of outfits on and is none the worse for it

Perhaps just a bit mentally scarred lol

Confess to putting clobber on Bella that was bought for her but turned out too small just so we could laugh and take pics of her!

On a more serious note, for her first two winters she REALLY needed warm clothing and plenty of it (Minpins known for feeling the cold) and she loved it.

This past winter she 'took against' all clothing and it was helluva job to find anything she would put up with for the coldest spells in the UK. Settled for a sort of horse blanket type coat for small dogs. All other clothing, however loose and comfy, she just rooted herself to the spot and wouldn't budge once she had it on. But again, it WAS funny!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Pippa has a set of PJs for the winter as she wakes up shivering without, also coats for the winter.
Lee1977
New Member!
Male 

09-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I think you'd have to watch the making of the advert before making a judgement on it.

If the dog was happy throughout (and it probably got a lot of fuss and cuddles) then not really a problem.

Humiliated? Doubt it. Dogs don't think that way. Hopefully s/he enjoyed every minute of it
Hi everyone, Im actually the owner of the Go Compare Dog. I take on board all of your comments but feel that I must put forward a few facts. Ive always made it a point NEVER to reveal my dogs real name in case someone was to try and steal him, so for this reason I'll refer to him as GCD.
What some people do not realise is that if GCD did not want to work, then he wouldn't. If he was at all uncomfortable in his costume, he would not walk, he would not even stand. He would roll onto his back into the submissive position. What they also do not realise is that more safety is focused on the dog than any one else on that film set. Every film/TV set has a risk assessment carried out and those findings are printed onto the 'call sheet' that everyone involved in the production receives from the Production co-ordinator or 2nd Assistant Director the evening before filming takes place. All film sets with animals on site MUST by law have a vet also on site. Any animal on a film set MUST by law be given a veterinary inspection before filming takes place. After filming takes place, that vet then has to sign the production off to state that all filming involving the animal was carried out with his/her supervision and to a safe standard and that the animal was not placed in any distressing situation or harmed in any way. GCD not only had a vet 2 meters away from him during filming. He also had myself AND his trainer, whom I might add is a trained veterinary nurse and has been providing dogs for TV and film for years. What the sceptics also do not realise is that many other dogs in a not so *privileged position (*Homeless) will benefit from GCD's work, as every penny he earns is donated to an animal charity. His fee for this shoot will be donated to Cardiff Dog's home. GCD is one of the most happy, cared for and loved dogs on this planet.
GCD has been working in TV and film for about five years now. He enjoys it tremendously and has a far better life now than before I rescued him. He was only day away from being put to sleep after being found wandering on the side of the M40 in Oxfordshire.
Cruel to my dogs.....NEVER! I would die first and I would die for them with out a second thought.
Lee1977
New Member!
Male 

09-06-2013, 10:03 AM
My dog got the job with Go compare purely because he can do 'sad' on command. In actual fact he is a bundle of joy and a very very happy little dog. As i type this he is in fact on the living room floor rolling around and playing with his sister. He really could not be more happy and since living with me he has NEVER been mistreated. On any of the TV/Film sets Ive been on with him I would instantly call a halt to any production if I thought for a second that GCD was distressed or unhappy. I sure that I would also have the back up of the on set vet and his my dogs trainer who is also a trained veterinary nurse. Im glad you liked the advert. My dog had great fun filming it
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 10:04 AM

From death's door to stardom!Thats amazing So happy for GCD.thanks for sharing.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Lee I am so pleased you have joined to tell us about GCD nice to hear about him, thank you.
Good on you for rescuing him and for donating his wages to a dog home
Please give him a cuddle and a tickle from me
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >