Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Max and I have just come in from our walk, it is a little less blustery now than when we set out

I have four client walks to do today so that will keep me busy.

Have a good day all
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Morning all, sorry I missed yesterday, was busy busy busy .

Hope everyone is well, and those who have poorly people and dogs, get better soon.

Have a good one folks, and stay safe xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

We had a shower first thing,but now the sun is shining but it's quite windy,going to try and get some washing out.

Been to put some fuel in my car as I have to take O/H to the fracture Clinnic tomorrow,that should be fun
Popped into tesco and picked up a chicken,some belly pork and veggies for tea Brought some nice crusty rolls and ham for lunch

Changed the bird feeders and put them back.

Now time for a coffee before helping O/H sort himself out

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Morning everyone

Sorry to hear Gorden has a cold. Hopefully it'll clear up quickly.

Loki and I managed to avoid the rain this morning. He's still pulling and sniffing like a nut case. He wouldn't do his business and when I told him to he marched backwards and forward by a bush and I though "yippee" but then he just stood there and grinned at me. He'd better not start hassling me later!

I hope you all have a nice day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning!
Gerry and Helena sounds like you have our wind because it has dropped a bit here and the sun is shining
I hope all poorly doggies are well and that Gorden and all other 'umans get well soon.

I'm going to touch wood but there is no one sat on the loo here nor outside eating grass so lets hope all that has passed

Back soon!
Morning Jenny good news about Pepsi and the OH lets hope you can relax now.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members the sun is shining at the moment after a wet and windy night.
While the rain has stopped I am going to do lots of washing in hope of getting it dry outside.

Poor Chloe, the muddy water was up to her tummy in the first part of the lane when we went for our early walk .
I feel really tired today and could easily have stayed in bed but have lots to do.

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning Mini poor Chloe. The water is pretty bad in places here too at least Dillon is tall.
Sorry to hear you are feeling very tired may be you can get a nap later.

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Max and I have just come in from our walk, it is a little less blustery now than when we set out

I have four client walks to do today so that will keep me busy.

Have a good day all
Morning Jane its getting blustery here as well . I hope it isn't too windier a walk later for you.l

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, sorry I missed yesterday, was busy busy busy .

Hope everyone is well, and those who have poorly people and dogs, get better soon.

Have a good one folks, and stay safe xx
Morning Jackie good to see you today.
Hope today is less busy than yesterday.
v
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,morning all

We had a shower first thing,but now the sun is shining but it's quite windy,going to try and get some washing out.

Been to put some fuel in my car as I have to take O/H to the fracture Clinnic tomorrow,that should be fun
Popped into tesco and picked up a chicken,some belly pork and veggies for tea Brought some nice crusty rolls and ham for lunch

Changed the bird feeders and put them back.

Now time for a coffee before helping O/H sort himself out

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal you have been busy so far today glad you are resting and having a coffee before you start again.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Sorry to hear Gorden has a cold. Hopefully it'll clear up quickly.

Loki and I managed to avoid the rain this morning. He's still pulling and sniffing like a nut case. He wouldn't do his business and when I told him to he marched backwards and forward by a bush and I though "yippee" but then he just stood there and grinned at me. He'd better not start hassling me later!

I hope you all have a nice day.
Morning Linda. Naughty Loki Dillon is sniffing everything at the moment. I have seen lots of foxes around over the last few days maybe its them. I saw one at 8am this morning.
I hope Loki settles down now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Malka. You couldn't buy anything these days for extortionate prices and it last that long.
I hope your day isn't to stressful.
I remember when packing everything ready to emigrate from England thinking that I would never need thermal undies so why pack them - but am I glad I did! I have no idea how many hundreds of times those vests have gone in the washing machine and then the tumble drier and yet are still as good as new.

But maybe things back then were made to last? Last year I finally "retired" the remaining 19P hand towels I bought from Sopers in Harrow [later Debenhams but I do not know if it still exists] just after decimilisation came in but the 19P hand towels bought in a little shop in Burnt Oak are still going strong, as are the 99P quite large [cerise - but that was the only colour they had] reduced towels from Littlewoods in Watford.

And unbelievable as it might sound, I still have two humungous bath sheet towels bought in a sale from John Lewis for my "bottom drawer" - well, OK one is now in two pieces but I hemmed each piece so are still usable and t'other is still in one piece...

...and that must have been in the late 50s/early 60s and they are not the only things I bought for my "bottom drawer" that I brought with me all those years later and are still perfect and in use.

Umm - stress? What is this thing called "stress"? I am so unstressed after the last few days/week/month that the fact that it is now bucketing down again and my ensuite floor is flooded again that I do not give a flying traf!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Was sunny earlier on, seems to have gone grey and overcast now. First woo call was at 2.24am I thought well you're having a larf babies, went into the kitchen and they were hopping up and down near where their dishes are (out of reach), not a chance says I and gave them a charcoal mini bone each and went back to sleep and so did they, thank goodness. Next woo call was 5am, gave them a small brekkie and back to sleep, next one was 8am, a small feed, gave girlies their's, took a cup of tea back with me and have been awake again about half an hour. Had a couple of woo's from the kitchen, and Sasha been for a stroke and cuddle. I need to get going now and do the yard as I have Che's pack to sort out, and need to get a printer cartridge for that, plus his Going Away Bag. 1-1.30pm tomorrow is his Take Off Time. Will put Sasha out with them this morning, then she can come in at lunch for the rest of the day. She seems better today, and I do feel it was overfeeding as if it was the Dire Rear back again it wouldn't have subsided quite so quickly.
She is lay on her back at the moment legs in the air, without a care in the world. I spoke too soon, she has got up and come over for a cuddle and gone back to sleep next to me.
Glad to hear all poorly tums seem to have quietened down as well, am hoping my Canikur tablets arrive this morning and they can all have one each to settle them down again.
Winds sound scary Helena, hope your window stays where it belongs and nothing untowards happens and the man gets back to you and sorts it out quickly.
Lynn, surely something is going to come right for you both soon and one of those jobs comes up trumps. All this stuff with the home shouldn't be happening now your mum is in there, I would have thought that would have been sorted prior to her going in, rather than when she is settled. I quite agree with you leaving it to your brother, I was exactly the same, running round all the time and getting the odd phone call from my brother inferring that I was exaggerating the situation, so you leave him to have that worry, like you say you have enough of your own to fill your plate at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I remember when packing everything ready to emigrate from England thinking that I would never need thermal undies so why pack them - but am I glad I did! I have no idea how many hundreds of times those vests have gone in the washing machine and then the tumble drier and yet are still as good as new.

But maybe things back then were made to last? Last year I finally "retired" the remaining 19P hand towels I bought from Sopers in Harrow [later Debenhams but I do not know if it still exists] just after decimilisation came in but the 19P hand towels bought in a little shop in Burnt Oak are still going strong, as are the 99P quite large [cerise - but that was the only colour they had] reduced towels from Littlewoods in Watford.

And unbelievable as it might sound, I still have two humungous bath sheet towels bought in a sale from John Lewis for my "bottom drawer" - well, OK one is now in two pieces but I hemmed each piece so are still usable and t'other is still in one piece...

...and that must have been in the late 50s/early 60s and they are not the only things I bought for my "bottom drawer" that I brought with me all those years later and are still perfect and in use.

Umm - stress? What is this thing called "stress"? I am so unstressed after the last few days/week/month that the fact that it is now bucketing down again and my ensuite floor is flooded again that I do not give a flying traf!
That's those magic mushrooms I think I need some they sound good.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Was sunny earlier on, seems to have gone grey and overcast now. First woo call was at 2.24am I thought well you're having a larf babies, went into the kitchen and they were hopping up and down near where their dishes are (out of reach), not a chance says I and gave them a charcoal mini bone each and went back to sleep and so did they, thank goodness. Next woo call was 5am, gave them a small brekkie and back to sleep, next one was 8am, a small feed, gave girlies their's, took a cup of tea back with me and have been awake again about half an hour. Had a couple of woo's from the kitchen, and Sasha been for a stroke and cuddle. I need to get going now and do the yard as I have Che's pack to sort out, and need to get a printer cartridge for that, plus his Going Away Bag. 1-1.30pm tomorrow is his Take Off Time. Will put Sasha out with them this morning, then she can come in at lunch for the rest of the day. She seems better today, and I do feel it was overfeeding as if it was the Dire Rear back again it wouldn't have subsided quite so quickly.
She is lay on her back at the moment legs in the air, without a care in the world. I spoke too soon, she has got up and come over for a cuddle and gone back to sleep next to me.
Glad to hear all poorly tums seem to have quietened down as well, am hoping my Canikur tablets arrive this morning and they can all have one each to settle them down again.
Winds sound scary Helena, hope your window stays where it belongs and nothing untowards happens and the man gets back to you and sorts it out quickly.
Lynn, surely something is going to come right for you both soon and one of those jobs comes up trumps. All this stuff with the home shouldn't be happening now your mum is in there, I would have thought that would have been sorted prior to her going in, rather than when she is settled. I quite agree with you leaving it to your brother, I was exactly the same, running round all the time and getting the odd phone call from my brother inferring that I was exaggerating the situation, so you leave him to have that worry, like you say you have enough of your own to fill your plate at the moment.
Morning June the babies are worse than Dillon at the moment.
Oh no we are losing Che tomorrow I have boxes of tissues just shout if anyone needs some.
Fingers crossed somethings got to go right soon surely.
Nanny nap in order later today for you I would think.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Exciting lives we lead don't we. The first thing we think of when we get a bit of sunshine & wind is getting the washing dry outside.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2013, 11:16 AM
'morning Lynn and all above

Sorry you didn't sleep well Lynn, I was woken several times by Rianna, I'm not certain why she does this as she didn't want to go outside and all internal doors are open so she can move around if she wants to

Nice to see Pepsi and other doggies are doing better today and hope all those with colds and such like are getting better as well.

Snow is melting yaaaaay We might even see plus 8 C today

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
that I bought for 50P in BHS in Watford about 30 years ago!
For 50p wow that's ten bob in old money, what a bargain, and it's lasted 30 years, yes that won't happen now. These days clothes are like light bulbs, the manufacturers don't want them to last too long

Are BHS still in business
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »