Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Mine are in the same room, but in separate corners and supervised
As above, when I had two, they were fed in laundry, but at opposite ends , and supervised.

Millie is a fast eater, Bandit was a slow eater, so untill he had finished she was not allowed to go anywhere near his bowl.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Mine eat in the garden.

They eat apart from each other but they can all see each other. Louie likes to eat in his igloo now, however I fed the pup out first the other day and she got in the igloo without my knowledge, then I fed Louie and heard grumbling so went out to check (was preparing Jack's) and found the pair of them curled up like yin and yang eating their dinner in the igloo. After the initial grumble there was no noise..

If they do eat in the house, which is every now and then, Pennie takes hers into the dining room (towels ready for her) Louie eats in his bed and Jack eats where ever his bowl is placed.

I don't always supervise because they leave each other alone around food. I mainly supervise when they have new food and I don't know if they know how to eat it properly. Generally when they've finished eating they'll come in and settle down. And then when they've all come in, Pennie will go out and check no one has left anything..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I usually feed Bo in the utility room and the other two in the kitchen spaced apart. I generally supervise but don't have to as they are quite good at leaving each other alone until they are done.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Molliepops has her raised feeder next to my chair so I can make sure she is OK and protect her from Duncan, who gobbles his food down in the opposite corner. He is a terrible robber of carrots so when she removes her carrot to save until last he will if I am not there nip over and mug her for it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
My lot are generally fed together in fairly close proximity in the conservatory, although at the moment as I have to feed the pup seperately as she takes far longer to eat than the others, she has Tucson and Frankie for company. I do supervise as I have a few who would gladly help themselves to others food and I won't allow it. So currently I'm feeding 4 in the conservatory and 3 in the kitchen with a door gate in between. With bones etc I just put down more bones than I have dogs and they share and swap around to suit themselves, although I do have to keep an eye on Diesel my staffie as he can be a bit of a bone collector.

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I seperate my two out of habit from years ago when I had a dog that would pinch everyone elses. I put one in one room shut the door and the other in the hall. They are not food aggresive with each other I don't need to be watching if I do this either.
When they go into kennels they are fed together side by side in the kennel and are fine.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 10:32 AM
My boys eat off the same box, cheek to cheek! Unless its a big raw bone which they'd have in the garden.
When Nookie the Alaskan Malamute pup was staying he had to be fed in a separate room as he would try to pinch our dog's food and he is food agg. Had to be very careful as he snapped for Zephyr just cos i'd picked up their empty bowls.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Mine eat in the vicinity of each other, but spaced far enough apart.
Pookin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I feed my 3 small ones in the kitchen all spaced out, I keep an eye on them while they eat otherwise the sheltie tries to pinch the terriers' food. I feed my lurcher in a different spot every day because he has a tendency to guard the area he's fed in from the sheltie if fed in the same spot frequently.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I feed my two at separate ends of the kitchen, with me stood between to stop whoever finishes first from sticking their nose in where it's not wanted. They are both very good though and there has never been any issues.
Gracie is however a bully with bones etc and Gelert's a doormat so they are by and large kept separate then so he can enjoy his in peace.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >