View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 08:13 AM
I have heard the only thing that really works against ticks is the Scalibor collar. Thankfully we don't have ticks on the moorland where I live, but the dogs do pick up the odd one when we visit lowland woodlands or fields. Hate the little blighters!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Btw - where are you visiting in Scotland Lizzy?
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have heard the only thing that really works against ticks is the Scalibor collar. Thankfully we don't have ticks on the moorland where I live, but the dogs do pick up the odd one when we visit lowland woodlands or fields. Hate the little blighters!
Going off on Cornish hols soon and I don't want to use a collar but more chance of getting ticks if we don't just stick to the beaches. It is a dilemma! If the Gotcha works at killing them before they attach then will just have to be vigilant and comb them every day. Just wondered if it was any good?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Going off on Cornish hols soon and I don't want to use a collar but more chance of getting ticks if we don't just stick to the beaches. It is a dilemma! If the Gotcha works at killing them before they attach then will just have to be vigilant and comb them every day. Just wondered if it was any good?
I wouldn't really want to use a collar unless I was going to a really tick infested area, and even then I would be hesitant.

I have never heard of the comb you mention - hopefully someone else may come along who has. It would be ideal if it killed the ticks before they managed to attach - hence minimising any risk of infection.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Talking of ticks, I picked a big fat full one off the living room carpet this morning - eeeeeeeeeeeew!

I did a walk last week in woodland that is known for having a tick problem, but groomed the dogs really well before they got home and checked regularly for ticks. It is amazing how well they can hide in a double coated dog
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Btw - where are you visiting in Scotland Lizzy?
Kippford, Dumfries and Galloway 2 weeks on staurday, we've done loads of weekends in the caravan, but this will be our first full week, and am really looking forward to it, we normally go further up into the highlands , But DOH isn't confident enough in his towing ability to go that far yet
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Kippford, Dumfries and Galloway 2 weeks on staurday, we've done loads of weekends in the caravan, but this will be our first full week, and am really looking forward to it, we normally go further up into the highlands , But DOH isn't confident enough in his towing ability to go that far yet
Well have a fabby time Hope the weather is good for you.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Well have a fabby time Hope the weather is good for you.
Thanks, i'm sure we will, and as for the weather it can do what it wants, it doesn't matter with the spanners
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2