Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Brilliant photos! She really is lovely.

I would love to bring something on but just don't have the knowledge, or experience . I have just started to learn to lunge my section a and that's about all i can do lol

Helen
Wendy's looking good isn't down to me, it's down to my yard manager Sarah, who broke her in and schools her as well! She's a far better rider than I am!

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Great pics. You do make a lovely pair.

Wish I had the space and the money my daughter would love her.

She is very very pretty and looks like she will make a lovely pony for someone xx
She's not my favourite on the yard, but she is still lovely! It's quite rewarding when I notice something that she's doing just a little bit better than before!

Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Wendy looks lovely

I was going to suggest looking at the TB rehoming places as well.

I've had my 'proper' horses and now back to smaller horses and natives, much prefer them
I did the hunter & polo pony thing last year, been doing the highland pony thing for a year now, I just fancy something different. I want my own that isn't anything to do with work that I can do what I want with!!

I'm going to start saving, so that if nothing comes up with the ad I've placed then I can approach one of the TB rehoming centres!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:43 PM
There's plenty of places that give ex racers away for free, or sell them very cheaply, especially in the current climate.
The rehab charities tend to retrain them and then rehome then, where as you can get one straight from the track fairly cheaply, it depends on how much work you want to put in.
I got my ex racer free, but then she was a 14 year old racer, turned broodmare who had a dodgy tendon.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh my stunning

Shame our not closer, and I don't have more money!!!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Awww she is cute!

Keep your eye on sites like pre loved some cheap and cheerful ones come up on that. One of the best horses I ever had was a freebee, he was 19 at the time and no one that wanted an oldie could handle he as he was more like a 10 year old! I was still out going cross country when he was 24, went to the Northwest Championships when he was 25 (veteran class) I finally retired him to a light hacking home where his main job was to keep another oldie company. So dont straight away discount older guys!

I live in Ireland now and got a youngster on free loan, when and if I want to buy I can or just keep him for as long as I like. The horse market is even worse over here now, which is a shame cause there are some really class horses going for next to nothing, which if you are saving might be a thought for you too as shipping over to the UK isn't that much.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2