View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Just out of curiosity I have been looking at Landywood's price list. Am I correct in thinking that the prices are per item, ie a 454g pack of chicken wings costs £3.60 each with a minimum of 5 packs to be ordered?

And minced beef etc £11 per 454g pack?

This is really to give me a rough idea of prices as I will be buying regular raw meat for Pereg, not that specified as pet food.

Thanks.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Just out of curiosity I have been looking at Landywood's price list. Am I correct in thinking that the prices are per item, ie a 454g pack of chicken wings costs £3.60 each with a minimum of 5 packs to be ordered?
The way they've worded it on the website does look like that but I would imagine it's "454g x 5" at £3.60, "454g x 20" at £11 and so on. I certainly wouldn't expect to pay £11 for 1lb of meat!
The pricelist on TDFC might be a bit better for comparison as it lists the price per pound (1kg = 2.2lb)
http://www.thedogfoodcompany.co.uk/products.html

However, I always say that "cheap" depends on what you can actually get. You may find you're limited in what you can get hold of and the prices may be nowhere near what these companies charge - remember that these are bulk-prepared and usually not human grade meats (unlike Darling's, Natural Instinct, etc) so if you're trying butchers and the like they may be charging you more.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks - the Landywood price list did seem rather OTT the way they word it! So according to TDFC a kilo of chicken wings is 97P.

I am waiting for my neighbour to go downtown to check prices at the poulterers' stores in the spice shuk as at the moment I can only get stuff from the little shop across the road. She will phone me when she is there to let me know prices, and will get me what I want. I wish I could go myself but that is out of the question at the moment, but I know the prices in the market for what I want will not be too excessive.

Somehow I have got to keep Pereg satisfied but stop the weight gain, and she is playing at silly boogers again regarding food.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well landywoods was my first order. thats why i dont get that they say i have two orders, ive only ordered with them once...

and if i hadnt paid by now, surely they would of got in touch? i made the order the beginning of march!!
If you are odering online, do you pay up front for your order if you do how then can you owe them 2 previous orders?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If you are odering online, do you pay up front for your order if you do how then can you owe them 2 previous orders?
if you are an established customer with them they dont make you pay for the order straight away. however it was my first order so i had to pay upfront otherwise they wouldnt drop the food off. so i know its been paid.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have ordered from Landywoods both on-line and by telephone. I haven't had any problems with orders or deliveries. I have paid cash on delivery each time.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:51 AM
they sent me an email this morning and asked for my postcode as there could be two chloe walkers on their system. so i sent them the postcode of the payment address, and also the delivery address as i had it delivered to my mums. hopefully they will email be back again and all will be sorted.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well after saying how great they are, and how pleased i was with the food, i may now have a problem.

i emailed them to see if i could place an order with them again as my last one is running low, and i asked with their being a meat shortage could i order.

they emailed me back saying thats fine, but i had two orders outstanding that i hadnt paid for, and i need to pay for those first.

i have only ever placed ONE order with them, which came to £36.40. which i paid, and i know they had the payment, because it went out of my account.

i emailed them back telling them this, and have as of yet not had a reply....

ergh... i hate hassle.
Try giving them a ring and speaking to someone. That way you will have to be acknowledged. I have never paid prior to delivery so query method of payment.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by IanIOW View Post
Here's another company that have started delivering further a field.I have been having the tripe off them for over 3 years now but from my local independant pet shop who they supply.Could be worth a phone call and the prices are good.
http://www.bulmerdogfood.co.uk/home
I have just spoken to this company - lovely chap on the phone and hopefully can sort out a delivery with them.

Going to drop them an email today Thank you for that!
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I have just spoken to this company - lovely chap on the phone and hopefully can sort out a delivery with them.

Going to drop them an email today Thank you for that!
Thats good to hear.You will have to let us know how you get on.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >